SinfulColors Nail Polish (all colors)

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/22/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I owned a bottle of nail polish from this line years ago and LOVED it. For the life of me I can't remember the name of that gorgeous color, but it was an irridescent purply-pink with gold undertones. Now Sinful nail polishes are back on my radar and I have their Aquamarine shade for summer. It's bright, bold, fun and sexy and I'm very happy with it. It's the perfect summertime blue on me. The formula is really good. The consistency isn't too thick which I can appreciate and chipping is minimal. I am going to buy MANY more shades because their color selection is phenomenal!

on 6/18/2012 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh my goodness I love these polishes. This is one of the only brands that lasts for more than a few days without chipping all over the place. I was honestly super skeptical since it's so cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised! The formula applies really nicely. Most of the colors that I've used can be sheer if you're lighthanded enough, or super bold if you apply 2-3 (sometimes 4 tbh) coats. It seems from the other reviews that the formula can vary and be hit or miss between shades, so maybe I've just lucked out and gotten good colors because I've had zero trouble with chipping. I also really like the brush, it makes it easy to apply to my whole nail without glopping everywhere. Definitely worthwhile for the price!

on 6/11/2012 7:32:00 PM

It all depends on the color and a little luck. I get the sense, from the purchases I've made and things I've heard from friends, that Sinful Colors has improved their formula quite a lot.

Buy "Boogie Nights" if you're a hater: it's a juicy coral jelly that lasts much much longer than any other salon polish I own! Seriously, it wears like iron. Can't be beat.

"Cinderella" is gorgeous too, but rather sheer and needs about 4 coats to look nice.

on 5/30/2012 12:16:00 AM

So, I have quite a few of these lying around. I bought a glittery one, because it just looked so sparkly in the bottle. So I applied it, and after what felt like 100 coats, but was probably more like 5-6, I put a top coat on it and let it dry. It looked really pretty still, but the next day I experienced the strangest thing. The nail polish didn't chip off, it popped off in one solid, nail-shaped piece. I had about 3 of them do this, so I just popped the rest of it off.

I saw some really great colors at a drug store a few days later, and thought maybe it was just the type I had bought. So I picked up 3 more colors and came home and did my nails again, which required 6 coats yet again. Next day, same problem.

Pros:
*Great color selection
*Cheap

Cons:
*Pops off
*Takes forever to dry
*Takes too many layers to get a decent color

I may love the colors, but I don't think I will ever buy this brand again. I think I'm gonna spend an extra dollar or two and pick up some higher quality nail polish instead.

on 5/21/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know if the formula for this nail polish was changed in the past few years, but I bought several bottles of Sinful Colors nail polish a few years ago, and even after applying about 3 coats of this stuff, it chipped after about a day and a half. It REALLY made me upset because the color variety is sooooo awesome! I LOVE annoyingly bright nail polish, and this brand, in that category, is holy grail status... but as far as longevity is concorned, it sucks. I'm glad I never paid very much for my bottles because if I had, I'd have been upset. (And just to be clear, it's not that the polish is old is the reason why it chips and isn't good... it's been like that since the day I bought it about 5 years ago). I will say this though -- even after 5 years, the nail polish inside hasn't turned goopy or dry or changed in color... it's just the same as it was originally, so I guess that's a plus as well as the wonderful colors.

on 5/20/2012 11:52:00 PM

this is the best nail polish ever!!!! It doesn't have formaldahyde in it and it lasts for almost two weeks without chipping. I highly recommend this product.

on 5/6/2012 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these! Not only are they cheap, but they look almost like high end nail polishes except they are ten times less expensive. I have a ton of colors! The polish is kind of watered down and isn't super opaque, but layering it fixes the problem. I usually do 2-3 coats depending on the color/consistency. When you're applying it, it seems like a really cheap polish and I was really disappointed at first...but once it dries, it looks gorgeous! It has just enough shine and it last for a long time! I think I went a little over a week before it began to come off. I don't even have to use a top coat over it! I definitely will be getting more! Love them!

on 4/22/2012 3:52:00 PM

haha okay staring this off i'm laughing at everyone who is complaining how long these take to dry. my china glazes take hours. I have 'Under 18' on my nails right now and they were dry in about 15-20 minutes and then I applied my topcoat which takes awhile. Under 18 is a very pretty red (which not going to lie, the name made me buy it because it was so strange) that is like a toned down version of China Glaze Ruby Pumps. I cant speak on chipping/staying power but my friend says she can get hers to go two weeks without chipping with the aide of a top and base coat. I'm a China Glaze snob so this is an experiment for me. The application is slightly streaky, but its not too noticeable.

There was a killer sale and i managed to pick up 16 (!?), mostly sparkles due to my lack of those and I am not too disappointed so far! Will update review later this week.

Edit: It lasted my usual one week with very little tip wear. I probably could of gone two weeks if i really wanted to, but I love changing my polish too much :) Deff. a good product.

on 4/21/2012 4:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These polishes are my guilty pleasures. They are dirt cheap at my local CVS and come in great colors. What I like best about this brand is that it stays on as long as my more expensive polishes.

I do worry about it the quality (toxins, etc) as it's so very cheap. And I'm not a fan of the colors that are supposed to be opaque white, beige, ballet slipper pink. It takes too many coats to achieve, and that throws off the finished product.

on 4/21/2012 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm on a bit of a tight budget lately, but I wanted a small pick-me-up, so I got a few of these polishes yesterday at Target for $1.99 each.

I did my nails (fingers & toes) less than 24 hours ago, with a top coat, and the polish is already, as another reviewer put it, practically falling off my fingernails. 1/3 to 1/2 of the polish on each nail is gone. Now, my toes seem to be OK so far. It could be a difference in color, or most likely just because I don't use my toes every second of every day.

They do have a nice range of colors, but the brush is awkward and the formula is way too thick.

If you're a person who likes to change your nail color every day, then this might be OK for the price, but I like my manicures to last at least 4 or 5 days.

I will say that the two colors I've tried so far are the matte/creme, but I also picked up a metallic. Maybe that one will be better.

I know this polish is inexpensive, but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. As far as bargain polishes go, I'll be sticking with Wet n Wild or NYC from now on.

Popular Polishes