Lancome Hypnose Waterproof

3.7

on 3/27/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I kinda liked the regular version of Hypnose, but like all the other non-waterproof mascaras I've tried, it too left my lashes stick-straight (after curler + mascara). Hypnose Waterproof doesn't do that. Instead, it holds my curl. It provides enough thickening and lengthening leaving my lashes looking beautiful. But it can get very clumpy, when applied, so you have to be careful...

on 3/17/2008 10:51:00 PM

A++++++++++++++++++++++++++
i don't ask for a lot from my mascara. all i want is slightly longer, slightly thicker lashes that don't clump or flake or smear or just melt at the sight of water. i've tried diorshow, benefit badgal, great lash (worst. mascara. ever.) origins, and more other mascaras than i can ever remember. this may be the first waterproof mascara i've tried that's actually waterproof. not only did it last through my entire day at school, but it stayed on smudge free through my workout, and even my post workout shower, all while making my lashes look thick and fab. and it came right off with my makeup remover. i honestly can't think of any negatives about this.

on 2/12/2008 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

UPDATE: I have decided not to buy a full tube. The waterproof version is not for me...it's hard to comb out my lashes if they happen to clump and oh my gosh if I smudge my upper or lower lid I can't get it off that easily without messing up my all completed eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc...ugh I'm frustated with this product and will prolly toss it in the garbage. Maybe I will try the non-waterproof version one day. I have recently ordered Yves Saint Laurent 'Volume Effet Faux Cils' Luxurious Mascara online and await its arrival and I'm crossing my fingers this will be the ONE!!!

I bought this off of eBay as a sample because I didn't want to spend $20+ and not like it. I know I can return any and all makeup but its a hassle having to drive into the city to return and/or exchange for another mascara. Anyhoo, I'm happy to report I will be buying a full tube of this mascara. It give me fabulous volume and length. The applicator is super easy to use. I am still playing with the Lancome mascara primer so at this time I am not sure if this mascara will become my HG. I will update in a few weeks!

on 1/24/2008 11:15:00 AM

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not really caring for the waterproof, it's hard as hell to get off even with makeup remover other than that no complaints at all!

on 12/26/2007 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The good news about this mascara: It's waterproof and non-irritating. I used it when I was still wearing RGP contact lenses and had no troubles in that arena. It thickened and lengthened quite nicely in just one or two coats. The problem I had with it, and the reason I will not buy it again, is that it's not just waterproof, it's EVERYTHING-proof. Two different kinds of makeup remover would not take it off. It stuck to my lashes and I ended up pulling them out when removing the mascara! Great while on, but impossible and frustrating to remove.

on 12/17/2007 12:53:00 PM

Disappointing. Doesn't do much for my lashes, flakes, is difficult to remove. And what's with the enormous hole at the top of the tube? Makes me feel this will dry out quickly. Not worth the $$ IMO. I wear it to work as it isn't dramatic enough for evening use on me. I'm trying Chanel once I get rid of this.

EDIT: OK. I just started swimming, and have to say, that as a WATERPROOF mascara, this makes me look great in and out of the pool. Recommended for this purpose, but if you aren't going to need waterproof capabilities, look elsewhere.

on 12/15/2007 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love it! I need waterproof for my active lifestyle, and this does the job wonderfully.

on 11/29/2007 12:49:00 AM

this mascara looks really good. however, because its waterproof it damages my lashes if i wear it too much. i got it at the lancome outlet while they were having their f&f so it was only $13.

on 11/14/2007 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

My lashtype: I HAVE to use a lashcurler, or else they drop down and loose that bambi-lash curl. Without waterproof mascara, my lashes tend to make me look droopy-eyed.

My lashcurler is a MUSTHAVE in my makeup bag, and a waterproof mascara is too. I need a mascara that can prevent my lashes from dropping down again. Hypn˘se waterproof mascara is really sublime for this - my lashes are defined, seperated and long.

EDIT: The mascara dries out really quickly (in the bottle). One lippie less for that.

on 8/17/2007 9:55:00 PM

This is my first high end mascara (I usually buy Rimmel or Maybelline) and I have this in black. The best thing about it is how natural it makes my lashes look. I got compliments from guys and girls. Plus it goes on really easy, little clumping. I don't wear more than 2 coats and it lengthens my lashes pretty nicely.
However, I was most disappointed by how easily it wore off. I got some dark circles pretty quick and I specifically was looking for something with good staying power. I still wear this but I'm looking for a mascara that actually stays on better. continued >>

Top Rated Lancome Products