October 26, 2014 | 832 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2008 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Addytude

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE: I have decided not to buy a full tube. The waterproof version is not for me...it's hard to comb out my lashes if they happen to clump and oh my gosh if I smudge my upper or lower lid I can't get it off that easily without messing up my all completed eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc...ugh I'm frustated with this product and will prolly toss it in the garbage. Maybe I will try the non-waterproof version one day. I have recently ordered Yves Saint Laurent 'Volume Effet Faux Cils' Luxurious Mascara online and await its arrival and I'm crossing my fingers this will be the ONE!!!

I bought this off of eBay as a sample because I didn't want to spend $20+ and not like it. I know I can return any and all makeup but its a hassle having to drive into the city to return and/or exchange for another mascara. Anyhoo, I'm happy to report I will be buying a full tube of this mascara. It give me fabulous volume and length. The applicator is super easy to use. I am still playing with the Lancome mascara primer so at this time I am not sure if this mascara will become my HG. I will update in a few weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 11:15:00 AM More reviews by hothouse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not really caring for the waterproof, it's hard as hell to get off even with makeup remover other than that no complaints at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by she_thinks_it

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The good news about this mascara: It's waterproof and non-irritating. I used it when I was still wearing RGP contact lenses and had no troubles in that arena. It thickened and lengthened quite nicely in just one or two coats. The problem I had with it, and the reason I will not buy it again, is that it's not just waterproof, it's EVERYTHING-proof. Two different kinds of makeup remover would not take it off. It stuck to my lashes and I ended up pulling them out when removing the mascara! Great while on, but impossible and frustrating to remove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Disappointing. Doesn't do much for my lashes, flakes, is difficult to remove. And what's with the enormous hole at the top of the tube? Makes me feel this will dry out quickly. Not worth the $$ IMO. I wear it to work as it isn't dramatic enough for evening use on me. I'm trying Chanel once I get rid of this.

EDIT: OK. I just started swimming, and have to say, that as a WATERPROOF mascara, this makes me look great in and out of the pool. Recommended for this purpose, but if you aren't going to need waterproof capabilities, look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by bluegreyhaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love it! I need waterproof for my active lifestyle, and this does the job wonderfully.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Fight4urRight

this mascara looks really good. however, because its waterproof it damages my lashes if i wear it too much. i got it at the lancome outlet while they were having their f&f so it was only $13.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Tsu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My lashtype: I HAVE to use a lashcurler, or else they drop down and loose that bambi-lash curl. Without waterproof mascara, my lashes tend to make me look droopy-eyed.

My lashcurler is a MUSTHAVE in my makeup bag, and a waterproof mascara is too. I need a mascara that can prevent my lashes from dropping down again. Hypn˘se waterproof mascara is really sublime for this - my lashes are defined, seperated and long.

EDIT: The mascara dries out really quickly (in the bottle). One lippie less for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

This is my first high end mascara (I usually buy Rimmel or Maybelline) and I have this in black. The best thing about it is how natural it makes my lashes look. I got compliments from guys and girls. Plus it goes on really easy, little clumping. I don't wear more than 2 coats and it lengthens my lashes pretty nicely.
However, I was most disappointed by how easily it wore off. I got some dark circles pretty quick and I specifically was looking for something with good staying power. I still wear this but I'm looking for a mascara that actually stays on better. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by barbiegirl62

I never liked Lancome mascaras, but after being recommended by a friend, I decided to try this one. I wasn't too disappointed - it was pretty good. It lengthened, volumized, and darkened my lashes. However, it clumped up and smudged a bit during the day. On the bright side, it's very good at holding curl. Overall, I would buy this again, but it's not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 12:43:00 AM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this mascara after being recommended this by a friend. It was terrible. It clumped like crazy and made my lashes look "spidery." What a waste of money. Maybelline's Sky High Curves Mascara and Cover Girl's Fantastic Lash worked a million times better for me.