October 31, 2014 | 823 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read rave reviews about this and decided to try it. Removed makeup and had no offensive odor (unlike some other fragrance free cleansers I've tried). I have a very oily t-zone which is acne-prone and this seemed to leave a kind of film on my skin so I won't be using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this face wash, it is for sensative skin, it doesn't have a smell and best of all it does not irritate eyes! This will not make your eyes burn like other cleansers, it is very gentle and will take all your make up off. I only use Jojoba oil when I use waterproof mascara as that's the only thing this product doesn't remove. This removes eyeliner, regular mascara, foundation, powder, eyeshadow just everything on your face that's not waterproof. I have never broken out with this gentle formula, it actually keeps my skin clear and doesn't strip my skin dry. I love the pump version of this because its easier then the other container where you have to open up and squeeze the product. I've been using this for years, in my opinion it is the best cleanser in the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I struggled as to whether or not to give this a 3 or a 4, as I did with the question of whether I would repurchase. In the end though, I found that this is an overall decent cleanser and well priced and I could very well see myself buying this in the future.

My skin is combination and somewhat sensitive. I purchased this on sale and wound up getting the combination cleanser as well. My review of the product is as follows:
Pros:
- Price has gone up quite a bit in recent years but goes on sale fairly often and is definitely worth it on sale. I bought it for $5(CDN).
- Cleansing. This does what it is supposed to do. It cleanses skin very well, even going so far as to do a great job of removing makeup. In fact it did well with everything except waterproof mascara but this isn't designed for mascara anyway. I just like to put a product through its paces and see what it is capable of. Overall I was very impressed with the makeup removing properties.
- Left skin clean without overdrying. Skin felt great after - no noticeable tightness which some cleansers have. No offensive scents.

Cons:
DOES NOT FOAM! Now this is a personal preference of course but I love a cleanser that lathers up nicely. This one doesn't and as a result I often ended up using more product than necessary in order to get a bit of lather. This made me go through it rather quickly. Now this isn't a problem for most people but I feel if you are going to call something a foaming face wash - there should be some foam.

Ultimately the 3-4 issue was totally due to the lack of lather which doesn't affect performance but does affect how much product I personally use and my own personal preferences. Seeing as how it did do such a good job at what it was supposed to - cleaning my skin without any unpleasant side effects- it definitely deserves a 4 and I will most likely repurchase it the next time it goes on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i got the squeeze bottle of this and not the pump, as the bottle has slightly more product in it for the same price.

it's becoming my hg cleanser. i've tried so many other "gentle" cleansers, from purpose to peter thomas roth. they all cleansed okay, but still left my skin feeling a little bit tight.

this does not dry out my skin at all. it's very creamy and feels so nice lathering it on my face. it's just a no frills, gentle cleanser, but it makes my skin feel so supple and soft after. that's what made it hg for me.

you do have to spend a few more seconds cleansing it off your face because i feel like it can leave a "moisturizing" film if it's not cleansed off properly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only foamy cleanser I'll use. Gentle but removes every trace of gunk. And nice on the pocketbook, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by amycarter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this cleanser. It's packaging is cheap and bland, probably because they want to support the 'less is more' attitude of a basic cleanser. This has helped me tremendously in clearing up a severe break-out on my cheeks from using MAC products. However, for a "sensitive skin" cleanser, it is pretty drying, so it lost a lippie. I find it lathers rather than foams, but I like that as it feels lotion-y. Best drugstore cleanser *thus* far

Why does it LOOK like hand soap that dispenses at the mall or in your bathroom??? Kind of scary...

EDIT: Yes I agree it is a bit hard to wash off but this stuff is PERFECT. My HG cleanser. My skin broke out horribly from MAC and now it is perfect thanks to this. Not a single pimple in sight!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by twiceasmnystars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an affordable cleanser that does not irritate my super sensitive and acne-prone skin. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean but it does dry it out a bit. I solve that by putting on a good moisturizer afterward (I use Cetaphil). It helps get the remaining foundation off my face after I use my oil cleanser (Nip+Fab Oil Cleanser) very well.

Overall, a good, cheap cleanser that is suitable for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive skin and I do not like those creamy cleansers. I like foam and it is rather difficult to actually find one that does not dry out your skin or cause reactions. This isn't a fancy face wash with lots of bells & whistles, but it does what it needs to do without drying my skin out or cause any reactions. It would be wonderful if I could tolerate pretty scents, but unfortunately I am not the lucky one. For those of you who are looking for a simple foaming face wash that doesn't aggrivate skin conditions you may have, this is the cleanser for you. I tried going back to Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, but found it too drying for my skin. It is simple and on a budget note.....not too bad for the pocketbook.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by StephB

I have combination skin that gets very oily in my t-zone. I also break out easily and have rosacea that flares up easily on my nose lately. I need to use products that are good for sensitive skin, that won't break me out or leave me an oil slick by mid morning.

This cleanser is a very nice basic cleanser for my difficult skin. However, like several other "foaming" cleansers, it doesn't foam upon facial contact only. You must follow the directions on the package for it to work properly an foam and not leave a residue..."wet hands and face. Pump into hand. Splash product with water, work into a lather and massage on skin. Rinse off with warm water." The lather is created in your hands BEFORE applying the product to the face. When used this way, it rinses cleanly and easily.

My skin, though oily, can get dry in the cool months. This cleanser has never made it feel dry or stripped, nor has is made it feel like there's still a residue left behind. It also rinses my makeup off cleanly. I do use a separate eye makeup remover though.

It's a nice basic cleanser for someone who needs something for sensitive skin.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my third bottle of this cleanser. Very gentle and effective after pre-cleansing with jojoba oil. However, I have read reviews where people are saying this leaves a residue. The best way to use this product is to dispense a small amount in your hands and dilute with a little water, then mix it in your hands before applying to your skin. Straight up this cleanser can be heavy and hard to wash off and may even irritate. I love the scent and how gentle this can be. In the morning it removes the night time residue and at night its great for removing the last traces of makeup. Smells great too.