July 31, 2014 | 1972 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this cleanser about 10 days ago because my skin has been more sensitive lately and my skin starting burning from my previous cleanser although it was supposed to be "calming".

I use this in the mornings in the shower to wash my face before applying my daytime skincare products.

It's relatively inexpensive, foams well, has no scent (a big plus), and doesn't irritate my skin like my previous skincare products were doing. My skin is normal (although sensitive) so I can't speak to whether this causes issues for either oily or dry skin.

I love that a cleanser that costs about $7-8 (in the US) works better for me than my previous high end cleanser that was a little over $20.

My skin started to calm down after a couple of days of using this and after 10 days, the redness is virtually gone. I changed my moisturizers and serums too but I can tell this cleanser has helped make a difference in my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ZenArcade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is generally really good, but I have to be careful since I have mild rosacea and occasional allergic reactions to things. This is my favorite cleanser to use at night: it removes makeup thoroughly, doesn't dry or irritate my skin, and the price is really reasonable. I have tried more expensive things, but I keep coming back to this because it simply works the best for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I orginally gave this a steller 5 star rating, but have dropped it to 3 as over time my skin didn't like it (but I do think it may be good for skin that is 'normal' (i.e not dryish, irritated and pimple prone).

I have very sensitive skin which can get horrid pimples due to irritation usually (or during that time of month).

Anyway, this worked well for the first few weeks, but then had no positive effect and my skin seemed to become dull and pimple prone.

I've since returned to Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser (eventhough they have changed the formula slightly-which is why I strayed in the first place) and my skin couldn't be happier. In addition to the balanced skin I now have, the 500ml dermalogica cleanser is economical (but perhaps not as cheap as Olay lol).

Anyway, if Olay doesn't work for you get some samples of dermalogica ultra calming cleanser.

P.S As far as Olay cleansers go, this is far superior to the previous Olay for sensitive skin (with aloe) cleanser, which was absolutely horrible and dried me out and caused breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

A great mild cleanser. It doesn't have any scent and it gets the job done. I also love how this cleanser really lathers up. For the price you can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 6:39:00 AM More reviews by angelvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this cleanser is a close 2nd in my book for drugstore cleansers. cetaphil is definitely in 1st place.

pros: fragrance free, doesn't strip my skin or aggravate it, leaves my skin soft, lathering foam action makes me feel like i'm cleansing properly, removes most of my makeup without having to cleanse twice, good amount for the price, paraben free, lasts a long time.

cons: bottle is aesthetically boring and opaque which means i can't tell how much is left in the bottle, doesn't remove waterproof mascara and sunscreen completely, slightly irritates my eyes if soap gets close to eye area, takes awhile to rinse all of the face wash completely, cannot use during the spring or summer as i feel it dries my skin as opposed to the fall/winter season.

while this cleanser works best for me during the winter, i don't think i will use this when it gets warmer. it's great, but it's not fabulous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use Olay Foaming acne control face wash. I switched to
Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming face wash because I am also using
Differin *(rx) and Finacea *(rx).

Differin and Finacea can cause some tingling, cell turn over,
and mild peeling on my skin. So it is even more sensitive and does
not need the harsher treatment of the Acne control.
Differin can cause some serious sentitivity to my skin so I need
something gentle to my face. I found it in this olay foaming facewash.

I love this product. I love the pump and it gives just enough to
spread across my face. The consistency feels soapy but mixed with
water turns into foam. It is gentle to my skin. Does not strip.
If you wear a lot of makeup and it is stubborn to remove you might
try using a warm washcloth or removing makeup with mineral oil and
cotton balls first. I do this first. I use mineral oil to remove eye
make up and sometimes I use the Olay cloths to remove all of
my makeup and use the Olay foaming face wash right after.

After I wash my skin feels clean, not overly tight and not dry.
A great product that removes makeup with out stripping your skin.

This is the only cleanser I will use now. Better than cetaphil as
cetaphil did not remove my makeup. Better than Neutrogena as that
felt like I was taking a layer off my skin.
This is the my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I think i've found some kind of gold!
For reference my skin is normal, on the dry side, sensitive.
I bought this based on reviews, glad i did!
Before i had used First Aid Beauty's cleanser but it made my skin so dry then i thought i found something better with the Avalon Organics cleansing Milk. It kind of tingled and was expensive at 11 bucks a bottle. but it cleaned very well, and didnt strip my skin. and i was oil cleansing at night to get rid of sunscreen.
This may eliminate my need for oil cleansing, since after doing it every night for almost 2 years i've become bored of it.

* It doesnt burn, thats a plus
* It lathers a ton
*It doesnt strip my skin
*Unlike the top review, this DOES leave some sort of weird film on my face, (this makes it lose the 5 star mark, though the film isnt adverse, i havent gotten breakouts or irritation from this 'film') my rose water toner gets rid of the traces of this anyway so, whatever.
*In combination with a Sephora Pore Cleansing thing or the Shiseido cleansing brush i'm able to clean my nose so well !
*super affordable, even at full retail
*seems to remove my sunscreen well, can't comment on makeup removing power, as i dont wear makeup.

I think i'll use this everyday until i find something better, but i doubt i will! I will still use oil cleansing to remove heavy duty water-proof ss like physical based ones, or water-proof formulas.

Update: Came back to this after cerave foaming left me way too dry for my liking . And lipikar syndet by lrp was too drying and left my face red

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by banana77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing. I've been using it for a year now, and I am so happy with it that I wouldn't even consider buying another cleanser. It's gentle, takes off all of my makeup (I just have to foam up my face for about 30 seconds), and it's relatively cheap. It lasts a long time as well; you don't need much it to wash your face. Absolutely wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price, this works pretty well. It cleans my face and doesn't strip it. The reason it doesn't get a five is because its hard to rinse if off. But I like it, and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this face wash, it takes off all my make up and leaves my skin so soft. My skin doesn't get irritated and it's so gentle. I've noticed that I've had less breakouts since I started using this product 3 months ago.