April 21, 2014 | 934 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Sensitive Skin Foaming Face Wash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by cutem3w

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this face wash, it takes off all my make up and leaves my skin so soft. My skin doesn't get irritated and it's so gentle. I've noticed that I've had less breakouts since I started using this product 3 months ago.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Emim05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

was a free full size sample when I bought the olay complete sensitive lotion at target. I give it a 3 because it doesn't "foam" even when I add water and emulsify in my hands (it doesn't make sense to me because it's called foaming face wash!) and it does make my face feel super tight as soon as I rinse it off. Good thing it came with the lotion because they do make a good pair. Without the lotion this wouldn't be a great product.

Honestly I wouldn't buy it again or use it once I'm out unless it came with the lotion again.

I'll try and update in a month or so and see if I like it still.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by diendksi

Before I say anything, I have oily/combination skin and acne-prone with noticeable pores. After using up my Purpose cleanser, I was looking for a new cleanser that won't strip my skin like Purpose did. I only continued to use Purpose because it took all of my make up off and it didn't break me out. So, I was hunting for a new cleanser similar to Purpose but just more hydrating. I read several reviews on this product and decided to get it at Ulta for like less than 4 bucks or so (that's the only reason I'm giving this a 2). I thought it foamed quite easily, but when I rinsed, my face felt very "hydrated" and waxy/soft kind of feeling. I'm guessing this "hydrating" part is where people say it is really hydrating or others say its leaving a film. I used this for about a week, and I started to get these pimples and whiteheads on my face. I realized how my foundation has gotten oily so much faster, and it's the same foundation that I've been using with previous cleansers. I had purchased Origins' Checks and Balances in case Olay might not work, so I used Origins after noticing the effect Olay was having on my skin. When I switched for 2 days, all those troubles on my skin calmed down and came back normal; to me, it doesn't seem like Origins is leaving a film on my face.I haven't decided if I'm going to keep Origins or go back to Purpose, but I know for sure I'm not continuing with Olay :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this for lazy days when I can't be bothered removing my makeup properly. I just stand over the sink, wet my face and rub some of this in and then rinse. All my makeup? completely removed. I have generally quite dry skin, and this doesn't dry it out excessively either. It's a perfect blend. I have it in the squeezy tube which is great for travelling. Wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I picked up this cleanser while on vacation after forgetting to bring along my HG (Dermalogica special cleansing gel). My skin is extremely sensitive, so most cleansers usually irritate my skin, dry me out or break me out. This cleanser has been awesome! In fact, I think I might like it better than my Dermalogica (Shhh....don't tell). I'll probably end up making this my daily face wash, as it works just as well as my Dermalogica at literally a fraction of the price. Definitely give this one a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I'm really on the fence with this product. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin. While this is the first foaming cleanser I've used that hasn't left my face feeling tight and dry, I do sometimes get red patches on my face after using this. I'm also not convinced this cleanser isn't causing my break outs. I probably will not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works awesome at removing any and all makeup. Even EL DW and any mascara I have tried since I began using this (about 3 months ago). It doesn't dry out my skin or seem to cause any breakouts. And it's dirt cheap, especially since almost all stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Ulta, Walgreens etc...) carry it and sometimes they have price cuts or coupons. I like the tube better than the pump, but it's nice to have 2 options. Finally a product that is HG that I can foresee staying as HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by crosie98

I have acne, and it's been pretty bad. I also have skin so oily, if I blot it out within 10 minutes it's the same as before. I started using this product in the evening to wash off my makeup. I then put lemon juice on my face and keep it until I am ready for bed, when I wash it off and apply Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer and then some acne medicine. In the mornings I do the same thing except with Neutrogena's Pink Grapefruit Exfoliating wash. I have to say that after only a week of this regimen, my skin is looking clearer, brighter, and only has a few spots of acne. The Olay face wash does a GREAT job of removing all of my makeup, and the dirt and oil from my face. It is gentle enough so that it doesn't irritate and inflame my acne. It is definitely not overdrying, leaving my skin feeling super-soft after I use it. I am definitely buying more of this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like trying different cleansers. They're cheap and there's tons of them.

PROS: This is nearly identical to my current cleanser, L'Oreal Go 360 (sensitive skin) so the same things apply: removes everything, gentle, foams a lot, not stripping, cheap. Unlike the 360, this one is cheaper and you get slightly more: 200ml vs 178ml. There's also a larger one that has even more product in a tube.

CONS: Ppaque packaging so you can't see inside, tube can't be stood upside down due to the pump.

OTHER: While the Go 360 looks and smells like Elmer's Glue, and this one looks and smells like the CHEAPEST handsoap that you find at nationwide restaurants like Friendlies: it's got the same look (partially clear and opaque), the same feel (quite thick), and the same smell (cheap and horrible). If I didn't know any better, I would think it was handsoap, not facial soap! The consistency of the Olay is also thicker than the 360 but it doesn't look it (cause the Olay is partially clear, whereas the 360 is opaque).

OVERALL: It's cheaper and does the same thing as the 360, so now I have 2 backup cleansers to fall on. Doesn't come with a scrubblet, but since I've moved onto using the Skinsonic, I don't really need one.

UPDATE 1: Ok, this DOES dry out my skin. I suspected it a tiny bit originally but it's more apparent when I use it with my Skinsonic or try to wear makeup. I'd give it a 3.5/5 because of that. Not surprising though. After I apply moisturizer it seems to go away, just the initial pat dry stage after cleansing is pretty dry feeling.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is very similar to Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser. I like it better due to the non fragrant option. It does a great job. However it isn't so good at removing water proof or water resistant eye and makeup products, so I use a different cleanser for those times.
I am using this now in the winter months and it is not drying on my face, but I wonder how well it will be in the humid summer when my face is oily.