Dior DiorShow Mascara Waterproof

3.3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So it would have been more productive for me to throw my $$ on the street. Sure, my eyelashes looked awesome when I applied (that's why I keep trying new versions of DiorShow - I LOVE the way it makes my lashes look). But even sitting inside in air conditioning made this mascara smudge. It's supposed to be waterproof! I wasn't crying, suffering from allergy eyes or sweating. But my crazy oily lids defeated DiorShow easily. Why do I even stray from L'Oreal's waterproof formulas??? If smudging is not an issue (and you know who you are) this might work for you. Otherwise save your money.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love the look this mascara gives me. It lengthens, plumps, and holds curls really well. It almost looks like my lashes are false when I have this on. I like the brush, although it is really big, but I think it contributes to creating that false lash fanned effect.
The only downside to this, which is why I took 1 lippie off and probably won't purchase the waterproof formula again is that it is SO hard to take off. Even with an oil based remover this stuff sticks and I feel like I'm pulling my lashes out!
I would most definitely get the regular version, and keep this one for whenever I go to the pool or beach.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best mascara I've ever used. It doesn't clump, it doesn't smudge, and it's very buildable- you can go either with a light coat for a natural look, or build it up for a more dramatic look.
I have really sensitive eyes, and waterproof mascaras tend to irritate my eyes, but I haven't had any problems with DiorShow. I have repurchased many times, and will definitely buy again when I run out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In my experience most waterproof mascaras are very clumpy! Not this one! This one applies just like the non-waterproof formula. I LOVE Diorshow!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just love this mascara!! the only thing i don't like is the super big brush, that makes it a little bit hard to use.. =/

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow! I love this mascara. I understand the complaints with the large brush, as that could be tricky for some people; however I have no problems with it, for several reasons. One, I have used L'Oreal Voluminous for years and that brush is fairly large too. I like larger brushes. Two, I don't need to get at my lashes right at the base because they are already quite dark, so I am not going to stab myself shoving it nearer to my eye to get a half a millimeter of lash.

If you have very short, pale lashes that aren't curly you might want to skip this, as the brush would probably give you too much trouble.

I like the formula, and the packaging! The tube 'clicks' shut -- it's a very reassuring feel. Also, this gives me "doll eyes" - long, thick, luxurious black lashes up to my eyebrows. However, my lashes are dark, long, and have some natural volume. This gives me SO much more impact though -- LOVE!!

No comment on curling properties -- my lashes are naturally curly.

If you go over your bottom lashes lightly and comb them out, it's fine to use for your lower lashes.

NB: Comb it out if you're putting on a lot, because this, like all mascaras, will eventually clump. Don't wiggle it, just sweep it right through. Also, don't wipe the brush off with tissue, use the tube to do that so you aren't wasting a ton of the product. It doesn't look bad or cakey or clumpy if you don't wipe it off with a tissue (trust).

Fairly expensive, but worth it. HG mascara! Packaging feels luxe and looks lovely, love the 'click.'

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great mascara but it is very overpriced. It gives a dramatic and defined look which is amazing, but i feel other mascaras give a similar look without being as expensive (Maybelline full'n'soft, Model Co Fat Lash).

I don't think it is necessary to spend as much to get a great mascara.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After trying countless mascaras I think this is finally my HG and I don't plan on switching anytime soon! I have extremely short and straight lashes that won't stay curled after one coat of mascara. Even if I use my Shiseido curler first. Using this mascara after my curler keeps my lashes curled and long the entire day! I don't know what the reviews are talking about when they say it clumps and flakes and dries out their lashes. I'm sure it would if you put about 50 coats on! Two coats on my lashes and they are separated, curled and fabulously long. They also feel soft and flexible to the touch, not hard and crunchy. The brush is probably one of the best I've ever experienced using. When I use this mascara I feel like it's worth every penny. Not to mention the packaging is beautiful, so that's a plus! I also have extremely sensitive eyes that most mascaras irritate and I've had no issues with this. I highly recommend this to anyone with stick straight lashes that fall under the weight of mascara even after using a curler!

I do love this mascara, but it was very expensive. I purchased this for $52AUD when I really wanted to buy a mascara that will do something about my short lashes. I love how this mascara looks when I put it on, but it dries very slowly. I often get smudges on the top of my eyelid because the mascara takes a while to dry. Other than that I love how this mascara looks on me, it makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes. I remove this mascara using an oil based makeup remover and it works just fine.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a good waterproof mascara for summer so I can swim in the pool and not have mascara all over my face. I like the product when its on, and it does have great staying power in water, but when I can't get it off in the shower and end up sleeping with it on- i wake up looking like a raccoon. However, I guess that's what you get when you buy waterproof mascara, would buy again!

Popular Mascaras