Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils

3.9

AQUA (WATER) . PARAFFIN . STEARIC ACID . CERA CARNAUBA . TRIETHANOLAMINE . CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) . C10-30 CHOLESTEROL/LANOSTEROL ESTERS . NYLON-12 . STEARYL STEARATE . PHENOXYETHANOL . HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE . EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX . DIMETHICONE . PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) . TITANIUM DIOXIDE . TOCOPHERYL ACETATE . METHYLPARABEN . ADIPIC ACID/DIETHYLENE GLYCOL/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER . PANTHENOL . VP/ EICOSENE COPOLYMER . BEHENIC ACID . SORBITAN STEARATE . PEG-40 STEARATE . ALGAE EXTRACT . ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE . BUTYLPARABEN . ETHYLPARABEN . ISOBUTYLPARABEN . PROPYLPARABEN . [ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SILICA . 3YY07-1 . ]

on 5/20/2012 6:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I bought the duo pack (it had the mascara + the Instant Eye Make-Up Remover).
I hate this mascara- it doesn't give me volume nor length. It does give me beautiful panda eyes and the occasional flakiness, though.
The formula is very dry and my lashes look terrible after using it.
I tried to use it for 3 weeks... pure torture.
I'm gutted because it was expensive and the packaging is adorable.

P.S. The make-up remover is way too oily for my liking.

on 5/17/2012 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was so excited when I got this for my birthday a few years ago. i couldnt weight to have beautiful full lashes. Yes it gave me those full lashes I wanted, but buy the end of the day half of the mascara was underneath my eyes and 3 weeks later the brush dried and and all the brittles were stuck together. 3 weeks...19 wasnt worth it at all. I was gutted.

on 5/14/2012 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hmm.. compared to the rest of these reviews, I think the mascara I got was faulty!
I did not like this.
I have straight, long, fine eyelashes and curl my lashes religiously. I get very annoyed when I apply mascara after curling my lashes, and it straightens the dang things out! Not cool YSL.

The mascara was thick, clumped on the brush and on the lashes, uncurled my lashes making them look all droopy and sad- and to add insult to injury, the bloody thing left me with panda-eye-residue! *sigh*

And for me to fork out for this high end piece of work.. sheeesh. Not happy. Though the tube is gorgeous and the mascara smells really good- Like conditioner or something.

That is all...

The only mascara Ive used for years and counting! I love how thick and black it is. perfect for asian lashes! I use it on my bottom lashes too for the perfect dolly effect! No other mascara can create this look for me. A pity its a little pricey and does dry up pretty fast.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Wow. I am utterly impressed! This is hands down the best mascara I've ever tried.
I was lucky enough to get it for free through work and would buy it in a heartbeat if it weren't so ridiculously pricey! But at the end of the day, you get what you pay for and it's worth every penny.

I have short asian lashes but just one coat of this transformed my lashes in a way that didn't look "fake"- it gave me uber long and very thick lashes, it held nicely and didn't smudge. Yet, I wouldn't say it's natural looking as it does have add a dramatic effect and if I had long lashes, I would save it for special occasions. But if you've got short, straight lashes like mine and you need all the help you can get this is an absolute Godsend!

Packaging is stunning, but if I had to be picky, it slides off easily when you've got greasy make-up hands so square edges would be more practical. Also it's a pretty long mascara to fit in your make up bag but on the other hand, it lasted three good months. Love the blue coloured version of it too, very fun for a night out!
So essentially: a flawless mascara which has left me desperately on the hunt for a cheaper one which comes anything close to it.

on 5/4/2012 11:31:00 PM

I like this mascara, but it isn't great for me - especially for the price.

I like that the black version is a very dark, rich black. This mascara also does not clump much at all for me, and it doesn't seem to flake. It provides some thickening and a bit of lengthening, but nothing too noteworthy.

The worst thing about this mascara is that is smudges. I don't typically have problems with my mascara smudging, but this definitely does smudge on me, so I can't recommend it. I can also find drugstore mascaras that perform better.

I absolutely love this mascara, it really does make my lashes look a lot longer and thicker. My only problem with it is that I think it is quite expensive.

on 4/8/2012 6:01:00 PM

I once loved that mascara but my last experience wasn't as good as I expected
*Pros:
-luxurious packaging
-intese colours
-both lengthens & volumizes lashes
-intense spider lashes

*Cons:
-When you first buy the product you get so much amount and when it is about to end your lashes may seem washed out

In general terms it is a good product but I'll try other brands

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy using this mascara, it volumises, is super pigmented (I got shade 1, which is really black) and lengthens great. It can clump if you put too much on, 3 coats max, but most mascaras do. I wouldn't say my eyelashes looked fake, but they certainly looked more fanned out and longer, which looked great however I think other CHEAPER mascaras do the same/better effect so therefore imo, this is way overpriced, I got this in Spain for 23 euros, which is my most expensive mascara however it is not my favourite although it is good and I enjoy using it, it's just nothing special. HG mascara is 'Benefit They're Real!', would recommend that over this and it's cheaper too. I love the packaging of ysl, it feels and looks expensive, I also like the brush too, it's straight and picks up a lot of product so coats lashes great, mmm..gold ysl tube! fancy. I like this mascara, and will continue using it until it dries up, however I wouldn't repurchase due to it being way overpriced, and the Benefit mascara blows this out of the water.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this mascara...back when I had permed eyelashes. I'm sure it'll do wonders for gals blessed with naturally curled lashes, but once my perm wore off and I had to curl my lashes again this mascara made them fall flat in 3 minutes. Not only that, the original chemical smell got even worse as time passed, so much that my eyes would burn and water after wearing for an hour (and this was about a month after I first opened it). Maybe I just got a bad one? Which leaves one lippie for the gorgeous, heavy packaging; made me happy to use it even though it's a fingerprint magnet.

Popular Mascaras