E.L.F. Foundation brush

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/20/2012 10:20:00 PM

I bought this because it was only a dollar. Like my other ELF brush, this one fell of the handle. This is the first foundation brush I bought and I didn't really like it. It sheds and makes foundation look streaky. It does not blend well and it doesn't really feel soft. I only like getting soft brushes.

on 2/20/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brush is great as a starter brush. It was my first foundation brush and dirt cheap. I do not recommend it for professional use, but it is great for people starting out who do not know whether they prefer to use a brush or their hands for foundation!

on 2/13/2012 2:56:00 PM

I haven't used many brands of foundation brushes, but, this one has been my favorite. The brush does not shed or fray, the metal piece has not broke away from the stick. I have owned this brush for a year. Amazing quality for $1.

on 2/10/2012 10:29:00 PM

I actually found this foundation to be quite nice. Since I like to pat my foundation on so that it doesn't look cakey, the flatness of the brush works best. I used to use an AVON foundation brush and it was much too thick. This is my favorite foundation brush by far and is amazing quality for its affordable price!

on 2/8/2012 12:02:00 PM

I saw all the negative reviews after I bought this and was so turned off that I didn't even give this brush a try! It was sitting in my drawer for 2 months but then one day I decided to give it a shot. And I love it! It works well and there was no streaking at all. I use Clinique Even Better makeup with it. This brush may not work well for a super thick foundation though...

on 1/13/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I got this brush today and I love it! The only problem that I have is that it's a little too small & when the brush was wet, it felt a little loose. But once it dried, it was back to it's original form!

on 1/9/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... I had this seating in my makeup brushes for ever. Until the other day I tryed it, it works really well to brush out concelar. I use it the most for the dark circles under my eyes.

on 1/8/2012 8:21:00 PM

In all honesty, I am a foundation brush virgin. I have used a kabuki brush with powder and liquid foundations before, with mixed results. A makeup artist told me a foundation brush provides fuller coverage, and I just can't seem to get full enough coverage to suit my taste. So I saw this for $1 and decided to try.
I think it's just awesome. It made my foundation cover SO much better, and I used even less! I didn't have ANY streaks from this, and the bristles were super soft, way softer than I expected for $1.
The only dislike I have is that it felt a little lightweight, but it didn't affect coverage, and probably sucked up less product. It was full enough that it wasn't streaky though, and the bristles didn't separate.
I've only used this for a day, so I can't speak for durability, but it's worked great today.
Like I said, I haven't used a foundation brush per se before, but I have many other types of makeup brushes, from low to high end, and IMO, this one performs. It's soft, it's smooth, it does what I need it to do (provide full, even coverage, without sucking up all my foundation) so I'm happy, and for the price, I'm very happy I purchased this!

on 12/18/2011 7:33:00 PM

I am reviewing the black angled foundation brush that has soft, long bristles. I don't use this brush for foundation, despite the name. As with everyone else who has reviewed this, it does not apply foundation well. However, I've found a new use for this brush - to apply loose powder along the creases of my nose and the area between the eyes that's hard to get to with a large powder brush. It works very well for that. Thus the 3 stars.

on 12/17/2011 1:37:00 PM

Used this brush on someone this morning for a gig I had and I was pretty surprised with how awesome the brush is.
Maybe it doesn't work well with certain foundations? I have Loreals True Match in my kit and it worked fantastic with it. Wasn't streaky for me I always blend with sponge after anyway and set with powder. Will b getting a few more of these since they r so cheap!

Popular Makeup Brushes