E.L.F. Foundation brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/13/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I got this brush today and I love it! The only problem that I have is that it's a little too small & when the brush was wet, it felt a little loose. But once it dried, it was back to it's original form!

on 1/9/2012 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OMG... I had this seating in my makeup brushes for ever. Until the other day I tryed it, it works really well to brush out concelar. I use it the most for the dark circles under my eyes.

on 1/8/2012 8:21:00 PM

In all honesty, I am a foundation brush virgin. I have used a kabuki brush with powder and liquid foundations before, with mixed results. A makeup artist told me a foundation brush provides fuller coverage, and I just can't seem to get full enough coverage to suit my taste. So I saw this for $1 and decided to try.
I think it's just awesome. It made my foundation cover SO much better, and I used even less! I didn't have ANY streaks from this, and the bristles were super soft, way softer than I expected for $1.
The only dislike I have is that it felt a little lightweight, but it didn't affect coverage, and probably sucked up less product. It was full enough that it wasn't streaky though, and the bristles didn't separate.
I've only used this for a day, so I can't speak for durability, but it's worked great today.
Like I said, I haven't used a foundation brush per se before, but I have many other types of makeup brushes, from low to high end, and IMO, this one performs. It's soft, it's smooth, it does what I need it to do (provide full, even coverage, without sucking up all my foundation) so I'm happy, and for the price, I'm very happy I purchased this!

on 12/18/2011 7:33:00 PM

I am reviewing the black angled foundation brush that has soft, long bristles. I don't use this brush for foundation, despite the name. As with everyone else who has reviewed this, it does not apply foundation well. However, I've found a new use for this brush - to apply loose powder along the creases of my nose and the area between the eyes that's hard to get to with a large powder brush. It works very well for that. Thus the 3 stars.

on 12/17/2011 1:37:00 PM

Used this brush on someone this morning for a gig I had and I was pretty surprised with how awesome the brush is.
Maybe it doesn't work well with certain foundations? I have Loreals True Match in my kit and it worked fantastic with it. Wasn't streaky for me I always blend with sponge after anyway and set with powder. Will b getting a few more of these since they r so cheap!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this brush as a newbie to makeup and brushes but even a newbie can tell that this brush is horrible. It streaked my foundation and the bristles were so hard it felt like plastic. So I felt as if I had bought a cheap paintbrush. I now use Elf's powder brush from the studio line and I must say there is a BIG difference!

on 11/25/2011 11:24:00 AM

Did nothing but left streaks all over my face.

on 11/23/2011 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall, this is worthless. It leavs streaks of foundation all over my face. I do use this something though, simply to place foundation on my face. I then use a sponge to blend it in. You get what you pay for with this one. Too bad, because ELF normally exceeds my expectations.

on 11/23/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I use this for my Missha BB cream and my Skin 79 BB cream and I find that it leaves streaks on my face. It also absorbs quite a bit of product so it's hard to apply the cream evenly on my face. I did read some reviews that says you can use it to apply masks so I will definitely try that out and if that works better than using it for foundation I will repurchase otherwise I won't.

on 11/17/2011 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this brush to apply my Missha BB cream on the sides of my nose and under my eyes. I do not use it to apply to my entire face. The bristles are too thick, which leaves streaks of foundation on my face. Also, the brush soaks up too much of the foundation. I prefer applying with clean hands. I would buy again because it does a great job blending in the foundation into the delicate skin under the eye ;)

Popular Makeup Brushes