December 21, 2014 | 854 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ilymarian

Maybe it's because this product isn't for acne-prone skin, but it did nothing for me. The smell was really nice. Easy to use. However, I didn't get the baby soft skin that other users have gotten. On top of that, it made me break out, so I had to go back to Herbalism.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Sanjibab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This didn't really help with my acne scars but it did make my skin feel clean and fresh in the morning. I wouldn't use it to remove make up but its definitely one of those cleansers that would wake you up in the morning. It smells lovely although some of you may not be a fan of the lavender smell coming from it. All in all I would rate it a 3/5 merely because it doesn't do much for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can understand why this is one of Lush's best selling products because really is great.

I use it daily - where I either mix it with herbalism or dark angels, because on its own its not heavy duty enough for my skin. I grab a pea sized amount and form a paste in my palm, and then cleanse for around 30 seconds. It leaves my skin feeling really refreshed and clean.

I'm a big fan of all of the lush cleansers really and I've repurchased a few tubs of this. They just work really well with my skin, and I feel like I am doing my skin a big favour using natural products.

Having clean and clear skin is really important to me - and recently I've tried making sure all the cleansing products I use are natural. For me Lush cleansers tick all the boxes!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

FLORAL ALLERGIES? BEWARE! This product contains chamomile and left my poor wife broken out in hives for days following a terrible allergic reaction.

That aside, this product does not live up to the hype for me. I will agree that this probably works well for those who have sensitive (non-allergy) skin, and helps to calm redness (again, in those without allergies!). A pleasant, calming scent. Left my skin feeling soft, but not particularly "clean". Definitely does not remove make-up. A very small amount of abrasive, so not ideal for good exfoliation. This is probably alright for a light morning wash when you have nothing on your face.

Buyer beware if you're purchasing in-store: ALWAYS check the expiration date! A sales associate brought me a heaping container that promptly expired within 3 weeks - $16 of product and the vast majority of it thrown in the trash because I didn't realize the expiration date prior to purchasing! Hint: if you purchase online, they will send you a fresh batch. ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Iridessa

My husband bought this for me at the suggestion of a sales person when he was told LTGTR was discontinued. I don't really like the fact there's bits of lavender in it, but I decided to try it anyway. The smell is really strong, I don't mind lavender, but this was too strong. I wouldn't consider my skin sensitive at all. In fact, one of my favorite fresh face masks is Brazoned Honey which some people think stings a lot. I also would consider my skin a combination of oily and normal. My t-zone is very oily and I feel like I get pools of oil around my nostrils and my chin area, but my cheeks are normal. This stuff dried my skin out so badly my face felt tight as if I used that orange bar from Nuetrogena. On top of the dryness, my face burned so bad I wanted to rip my skin off, and it was burning for over an hour after use. Later my husband told me my face had turned bright red which is bad considering I have medium tan skin tone. I also don't like the exfoliation. It's not scrubby enough for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am not fussed on this. I hate the smell but the assistant told me that this is the cleanser that would work best on my sensitive dry skin. So far has not broke me out but is nothing special.

UPDATE: have been using this for a while now and it has helped with my skin tone drastically. It takes a few weeks to really take effect but my skin is now more even and brighter. I will definitely repurchase. I love how it comes in a solid form and you add your own water so that there is no need for preservatives. Such a nice gentle product. Lush skincare saved me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by archielester

Love this product! I prefer to use this in the morning when I want my skin to feel truly clean rather than overly soft. One of my favourite Lush products and its always a staple in my skin care regime. I have combination sensitive skin and I feel that this goes on really gently on my skin and also acts as an exfoliant.

Be warned, you end up making a mess in the sink!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by 1432

This cleanser is great! I use it when I take a shower because it is quite messy. This provides gentle exfoliation and cleanses great. I don't wear makeup so I don't have to worry about it not removing any but I don't think that's the purpose. The smell is ok and could take some time to get used to if you don't like it.

The packaging is ok. It comes in those clear plastic tubs. I wish it came in those black pots so that I got exchange 5 for a free fresh face mask.

The price isn't that bad either. You usually have to pay about $8-10 for Neutrogena and other facial cleansers and this product is only a couple bucks more. This product lasts me a bit more than a month for a little over 100g. So I think the price is decent.

Overall, this is a great product and I would buy again and recommend to anyone. It's good for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by shannsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this product every morning. I mix a pea-sized amount of product with warm water until it forms a paste and then massage it into damp skin before rinsing off. This product lightly exfoliates dead skin and gives me a nice, smooth canvas for applying makeup after a light moisturizer.

Note: it's called Angels on *BARE* Skin for a reason! This product isn't meant to be used as a makeup remover. (Instead I use another Lush product to remove makeup in the evening: 9-to-5 Cleanser.)

This product doesn't irritate my skin, but some of its ingredients may not play well with others' chemistry. Ask for a sample.

I really like the smell. Umm, I can't help but think it smells like earthy cookies, whatever those are ... Regardless, the scent is "pretty" and uplifting and it fades immediately, so it's exactly what I want in a morning cleanser.

My only complaint is that the quality varies from batch to batch. When I get a perfect batch, I don't need to exfoliate or do anything extra to my skin (though I may still throw on the occasional face masque). Less-than-perfect batches don't exfoliate my skin as well, so I prefer to use a proper exfoliator once a week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Lovemymakeup

I got a sample of this and I have mixed feelings over this 1st off.... I love the smell it smells of sweet lavender which i love ,i was used to using a foaming cleanser and this doesnt foam up (when u add a bit of water it makes a paste)which is a bit tricky at first ,It didnt remove all my makeup completely ( i wear mac foundations and i had to was 2x for this to remove every bit of my foundation) This also feels like it leaves a film (which can be good if u have dry skin )but the film doesnt feel too heavy and when i wash at night in the morning i dont have the feeling of the film being there ,In the morning my skin feels super soft :) also i have to use something diff to remove my eye makeup cause this didnt dissolve my eye makeup but if u wear very natural makeup u shouldnt have trouble removing ur makeup with (im a mua so i tend to wear heavy makeup or dramatic looks ) anyway hope this helps !!!!