October 1, 2014 | 1982 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Count me in as another fan of NARS Laguna bronzer! I've joined the train of "in-the-know" bronzers. Growing up and experimenting with makeup in the '90's, I had no idea how important bronzer is. Bought this bronzer based on countless raving reviews on YouTube and MakeupAlley.

Yes, it gives your skin a beautiful glow and is great for contouring. My skin goes the full range: deathly pale to a very deep, olive tone tan and this bronzer works with any color I happen to be and and working with on any given day. I've also used it with spray-tanned skin and it works wonders.

Laguna will give you a brown based glow....just make sure to build up the color and use it sparingly. This duo will last a long time. I've experimented using different brushes and the best one to use is the large stipling brush from MAC. Based on prior reviews, yes, Laguna will go on very muddy brown if you use the wrong brush to apply it, so watch out.

I tested the bronzer out on my sis and she's hooked as well. Went out and bought it as well as a brush right away. I'm lukewarm on Orgasm blush. It's too light a peachy pink for me to use regularly, but I sometimes will use it when the mood for a sun-kissed glow look strikes.

And after you try this out....head out and prepare for the compliments you'll get. Laguna makes that much of a difference in a makeup look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by blondejunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As for Laguna......This does not turn orange, it is not shimmer at all and does not look streaky! This gives that perfect sun kissed glow. I'm pretty light, NW 20 ish. It applies smoothly. Did I forget to mention it does not look orange? It doesn't oxidize to orange....there is NO orange! You will not be disappointed if you try this out. I will be replacing my Laguna soon. It's the best bronzer I have ever used.

For the Orgasm, it's a beautiful shimmer peachy pink color. It works great in conjunction with the Laguna for the just fresh from the sun look. It gives a dewy and hydrated shimmer on the cheek area. It's the perfect summer and spring combo.

The products are very pigmented so they last for a long time and apply easy. I recommend starting with a little and then building your application. It would be easy to overdo it.

I am not the biggest fan of the NARS packaging, but the product is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've hit pan on this, no joke. I'm a total bronzer junkie, and out of all hat I've tried, this is my go-to for special occasions when I really want to look good. On a regular day, I just use something cheap like nyc sunny. Laguna is a great bronzer-I am nc37 and it is perfectly neutral and has just the right amount of color so it looks real. When I am done with this, I am going to buy a full size laguna. As for the orgasm blush, its really nothing special to me-looks like MAC springsheen. However, it DOES last much longer, so I still use the blush when I need one that will last all day. Great product overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mszlaydeej

I love this duo. I'm glad I got it. I was originally planning on only purchasing the blush itself, but my friend convinced me to get the duo. I bought this with a gift card from Christmas and it sure was worth it. I use the blush everyday and the bronzer every once in awhile. Good deal for a blush and bronzer since Nars can be quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by amandakoran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I actually got this duo as a part of a palette with 4 eyeshadows and 4 lipsticks/glosses. I loveeee the blush it comes out as this pretty pink color with just a hint of glitter and i love love love the laguna bronzer. i love how subtle the colors come off on my skin (im filipina, skin color in between medium and tan). love the gigantic mirror. the best blush and bronzer ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by kfrager

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is alright.
Bought it off ebay because it was just too expensive in the shop here in Australia. Was in perfect condition etc.

Packaging: So cute. Love the feel but gets dirty easily with make up marks

Product Laguna: Pretty light bronzer actually, takes a lot to show a colour on me and i'm not that tan to begin with. I bought Casino as well and that one shows us better on me. Love the big mirror

Product Orgasm: I've heard sooo much hype on this product, thats really the only reason i bought it but i was pretty disappointed. If you're looking for a blush which comes out obvious then this isn't for you. Comes out very sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by joeynwon

Before I purchased this duo, I read reviews in magazines about how universally flattering it is on all skin tones. As a woman of Asian descent, I had my doubts about the veracity of what seemed like such a bold statement, especially since I've had problems with finding the right colors - in any type of makeup - that would look flattering. I have to admit, the Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush are indeed all that they're hyped to be. The bronzer isn't too dark and is easy to build up for a more intense look, while the blush gives off a nice peachy glow with a very subtle shimmer. The biggest drawback of this is the packaging; the outside is kind of sticky, drawing and collecting dust, powder, and whatever else it touches. Other than that minor flaw (I address it by keeping it inside a plastic baggie!), I'm really happy with it and plan to be an avid user for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this duo!! I've tried other bronzers and there's def no other like Laguna from this duo, doesn't make me look orange or washed out and doesn't have alot of shimmer to it. Orgasm is the perfect pink for a healthy glow. Yes $38 is alot of money but for such a great product, it's totally worth it and it will last you a long time! I've had mine a year and still haven't hit pan on it yet. Great sleek packaging as well. I will never part from this duo!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

In a nutshell, I love Orgasm but not a huge fan of the Laguna.

Laguna - Even applied with a super light hand and a brush best for bronzer it makes my face look dirty. I like bronzer to be just a hint and not so noticable but every time I've tried I've ended up putting my face powder on top of it to settle it down. I think its because my skintone is so light and I haven't mastered applying it yet. I'll keep trying because I really want to love this bronzer!

Orgasm is the perfect pink for my skintone, however. Its noticeable and blends well and gives me a nice healthy blushing cheeks. My only complaint is that it doesn't last all day.

If I ever repurchase, for now I will just be getting the Orgasm blush on its own. I will update this review if I've made Laguna work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by jadejiang

It's a little awkward to use because both colours are so close to each other in the palette and once you swipe it with a brush, the pigment gets onto the palette, but other than that, the colours are great. It is a pretty good deal if you like both colours a lot! Only other thing is, like most bronzers and blushes, they don't stay on long enough.