July 29, 2014 | 1738 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by soozface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love loveee it! I saw my friend wearing it one night and kept having flashbacks of the image of her blinking eyelids.. we went shopping together the week after and I swatched it and fell in love, she told me it was the eyshadow she was wearing that Friday night and all the pieces fell into place.. I don't know what I'd do without it now!

One of my favourite ways to wear it is layered over matte grey, it really makes the duochrome pop.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of the 60+ MAC shadows I own, this is the first I've ever hit the pan on. This color, already well described here, is a MUST HAVE for anyone's eyeshadow collection. Its uses are endless. Get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh Vex. You have come to exemplify what it is that makes MAC so beloved: uniqueness and versatility.
This is another case of "what is there left to say?" but, nonetheless, I'll put my 2 cents in as to why you must, MUST have this color in your collection.
Another poster described it best when they said it reminds them of an Abalone shell. It is such a tepid color in the pan, but when swatched and, especially, when used with other colors it is so brilliant and original! It's a sort of - creamy, mid-toned gray with a pink/green duochrome that has chameleon like properties, in the sense that the sheen changes based on what you pair it with. It's a beautiful all-over-the-lid color, it's great as a crease-to-brow color, it works wonderfully as a blender shade, it looks great as an inner-corner highlighter - honestly, the possibilities are limitless. And, as a few people have mentioned, it is absolutely one of MAC's more unique colors and a shade that is not dupeable in any and every other cosmetic line you can find.
Personally, I think it's a color that would work *best* on fairer, neutral-to-cool complexions, but I'm almost certain that ANYONE can make this work for them. But, as I can only speak from personal experience, I can say what works on me: and Vex is it!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by shklnyk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

VEX is my all time favorite eyeshadow. I didn't appreciate it at first because I didn't know how to use it but it really looks great with just about anything from purples, pinks, greens, browns, silvers and black just anything! It is so unique I can't even describe. It is worth trying out! You can't see its true beauty just by looking at it in the pan you have to swatch it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by dremay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is literally the only eyeshadow color MAC has that I have fully ran out of. I love me some MAC duochromes! I have NC35/Buttered Tan skin and I love it. But I must say that I think it looks better and shows up much more nicely on lighter and a bit cooler skintones. Yes in the pan it looks weird and indescribable, but on you have a myriad of colors, making it easy to use with any other colors. It kinda reminds me of the colors of abalone shell, with it's pinks, greens, and shimmer. My fave is using Vex on my lid, Carbon on the edge, topped with Club (also a duochrome), Ricepaper as a highlight, and of course Blacktrack fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lizchewy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A great greyish/greenish/ pink shadow???
I use this as a go to shadow when I'm unsure where to go! Use it as as lid colour up into the crease with copperplate blended into the crease.
Works great as a subtle wash where you see more of the pink duochrome. When laid down more more heavily it loses the duochrome:(
It is a very soft shadow which swipes easily onto my e/s brush, BUT no fallout! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by margiemay80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought Vex at least five times if not more. It is one of my favorite shades to use particularly as a base shade packed over my entire lid. It has a subtle shimmer that makes it right for day or night. Love this especially with greys and charcols for the smokey eye look. Definitely one of my HG MAC eyeshadows!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by UltraPremiumDeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, this is the strangest color, truly Vex-ing. Swatches don't really do it justice, you just have to see it in person. However, there is not the least bit of green or duochrome on me, it just goes opalescent pink. It is very pretty, but I prefer Seedy Pearl's opalescent lavender, which I already had. They're very similar but SP shows up better on me. I'm thinking of returning this, and my instinct is usually right when I get something new. I still like it and it's very unique, just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HMMM. It may be a bit premature to be reviewing this but I just tried it on and it's not what i was hoping for. The duochrome doesn;t show up on me. the MA at mac told me to try this under club to make clubs duochrome standout. no...it doesn't. All this does is lighten club up a bit. also i find it doesn't blend nearly as easily as my other mac shadows. once i put 2-3 layers on the color started showing up. The only reason i gave it a 3 is because even macs worst shadows are better than any others. the color on its own is quite nice and natural. will keep on trying with it...may grow on me.
UPDATE: So i found out what was wrong. maybe it was a shadow that sat around the store for too long or something because it seemed to have a coating on the top. i scraped it off with my fingernail and under it was beautiful blendable color. very nice and easy to apply. it looks more pink than green on me but it is nice under other colors. i used it with a purple and it's really lovely. not my favorite shadow but nice. would repurchase if i use it all up.
update #2- i use this shadow literally everyday. it is so lovely and versatile. it is a dove grey with a touch of beige and a touch of pink and a touch of green.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This colour is so pretty in its package. However, I cannot wear it. I am fair but I have deep set eyes with a natural darkness around them, so I have to use a lot of concealer and primer to lighten them up. I have tried this so many ways, but pinks and greys make me look tired and sick. The idea is nice and I love duochromes.....