MAC Satin - Club

4.4

on 9/28/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is definitely one of my favorite shadows. it's sort of a unique color, reminds me of mermaids and those shells on the beach. it's described as a brown with green and red reflects. i didn't think i'd like this as much as as i do because it seems to be cool toned and i'm more into warm bronzey browns. the pigmentation is great and very smooth. i like to use it in my crease heavily and then blended out upwards using the remains. the light fade that it gives is a very nice warm shade.

on 9/22/2010 6:56:00 PM

I love the colour. It also reminds me of their green / blue pigment. I wet my brush before applying the eye shadow for a more sleek look. Love it.

on 9/22/2010 6:28:00 PM

Amazing! What more can I say, everyone else has pretty much got the color down to a point. Im a complete newbie to eye makeup, and this was the well worth the buy. Of course, I had to get it after seeing it in Pixiwoo's favorite video, as I had been completely amazed by the concept of duo chrome.

The application is tricky, the first time, I just used my bronze gel eyeliner as a base and didn't work as well as I hoped. The second time I used MAC's Nice Vice paint pot, and it worked wonders :DDDD

Never been so excited to see that it actually worked, and that the eyeshadow didn't just look like your typical one shade color wash.
Add on a nice black mascara + liner and it's a quick sexy smokey look.

If anything I def. agree with pixiwoo that the eyeshadow looks more and more amazing with people who have darker skin tones. For once, Im actually happy to be tan :)

Do not hesitate getting this! It may take a bit of practice to use, but the results are well worth it!

Now this is a unique shadow. Very much worth the $11 price tag. Club is a duo-chrome shadow - It has a reddish brown base and a beautiful teal flash. Using it dry will bring out more of the base tones, and using it wet will pick up more of the teal. Therefore, I like to pat it on my lids dry, then take a bit of it wet and put it right in the center. Blend out the crease, and voila, you have the easiest colorful smokey eye. The texture is fantastic - soft and blendable. In my opinion, this is a must-have from MAC.

on 9/11/2010 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

What I like most about this eyeshadow is that its duo-chromatic, although on me it tends to lean more towards brown. When I'm in a hurry, I usually use this as an all over lid color and blend it out; as you blend it, the edges brown. So it looks like I have 2 different shades of eyeshadow on. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that it isn't the most blendable of eyeshadows, but I can live with that because for me, the most important aspect of eyeshadows are their color payoff. This is definitely something I'll repurchase over and over.

on 9/7/2010 4:03:00 AM

Beautiful color, awesome sheen, super blendable. This is 'that color' for me, the one that flatters my fickly toned skin (light olive, like a pale greeney yellow hahaha) as well as brings out the reddishness of my brown eyes. It lasts really well and looks awesome both as a neutral on a brown base, bluer/cooler on its own, or even over eyeliner so it's bright blue. This color is so versatile that it's indescribable. If you're into makeup that can be used in a ton of different ways, invest in this eyeshadow! I haven't seen a color like it anywhere else (:

on 8/31/2010 4:16:00 PM

Absolutely love the green shot through the brown. I like to use this with satin taupe on the crease or even a darker shade of brown. I love how it makes my brown eyes pop. Depending on the lighting around you, it can either show more of the green or brown. The combination is fab! I think its great for going out at night.

on 8/29/2010 11:23:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow, but the downside is that you cannot wear this eyeshadow without really knowing what to do with it. This is a duochrome shadow and with the right application it is soooo worth it. It looks best (in my opinion) with a taupe/bronze/ medium brown base. This has become a staple color in my kit and I am always complimented when wearing it. This is one of those MAC shades that every MACaholic should own.

beautiful colour! i use this all the time with vex. theyre great together. i especially like the tints of green in this one

on 8/24/2010 12:52:00 AM

One of my favorite eye shadows from MAC. It is completely unique and actually very versatile. Can be good for an office look or night look. I was pleasantly surprised!