October 23, 2014 | 947 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this in NC45 off ebay, since the MAC counters here in Singapore don't stock concealers beyond NC30/NW35. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Honey, which is a pretty close fit.

This concealer unfortunately, is just too orangey for my skintone. I missed out on the Mickey contractor collection released here, for i believe NC44 would have been much better, but oh well.

On the positive side, i love the texture and blendability of this product. Its just so so creamy i swear. Goes on like a dream. Doesnt last very long though, unless you set it. Also oxidises to a darker orange. The shade kind of reminds me of Bobbi Brown's concealer in Golden, with golden being slightly darker. MAC creases far less than BB.

Would i get this again? Nah. For now, i'll probably get a lighter concealer and mix with this.

EDIT: I just had a EUREKA moment. Hah. I'm gona use this to cover my pigmented chin and mouth area first to counter the grey-green colour there. Since orange works to counteract green. Then apply my foundation, which is BB's stick. DONE! Pefect one-tone face. WooHOOO. My coloured sistas out there, TRY THIS!! Esp if you have dark olive/yellow undertones =D

EDIT: For shade reference, MUFE HD foundation in #170 is lighter than this, and Bobbi Brown's foundation stick in Warm Honey is lighter than MUFE =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 7:59:00 PM More reviews by B3NGAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After purchasing my first few MAC products I decided I'd head up to the counter and ask for a concealer for my dark circles. As i tend to have dry skin during the colder months they suggested select moisturecover in the shade NC42 (which was dark for me!! UGHHH! Are concealers not meant to be a bit lighter?) My MAC shade is usually NC37/NC40 and it was pretty annoying that they matched me up in a darker shade, which I've found that they do most the time,( not every wants to be extra tanned!!)

Anyways the product itself was nice and mosturising and easy to apply, and the applicater helped too! However I found it was a bit too sheer and sometimes would crease up, but maybe if i powdered on top that would of been better? I found when I wear Bobbi Brown correcter in peach underneath the concealer gave a better result, but all in all for my asian skin under the eye which is a little dark it was not right for me, but the texture of the concealer was really good!

Tried this with the powder and it works great :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Love it! I use the NC30 for my C4/NC30 Asian skin. I have pretty even skin with just a few broken capillaries and mild undereye circles, so I dot this and blend with a MAC 224 or a beautyblender on top of my foundation and it's perfect. I love the dewy finish and it doesn't settle into pores whatsoever, which I hate with thicker concealers. It definitely is a LIGHT concealer though, so it doesn't work when I have pimples or something major going on. Still, it's my daily go-to concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by nschink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was scared of this at first but the trick is to use it pretty sparingly and of course blend blend blend! It withstood my friend's wedding ceremony without budging! Not one speck transferred to my tear-soaked tissue, impressive! The finish is really natural and it didn't settle into the fine lines that I am unfortunately developing around my eyes as I get a little older.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The formula for this concealer is too thin and runny. It doesn't stay put, so I have to apply at least three layers (letting each layer dry between applications) before my dark circles and red spots are adequately concealed. I'm also not thrilled about the color selection. NW 15 is too light--I have to tap bronzer over it--but NW 20 is too dark.

I had originally hit up the MAC counter to purchase Select Cover-Up, my old college stand-bye, after a string of disappointing concealers but the SA told me Moisturecover was more appropriate for my skin type (very dry). Maybe this would work for someone who has dry skin and only minor imperfections to cover up. For my industrial-grade eye bags, this product just didn't cut it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this concealer for a few months. I use NW15 for redness and the occasional blemish, while I use NC15 for under my eyes. I wasn't really sold on this concealer when I was blending it with my fingers/MAC 217. It was a little too sheer for my tastes of but it has a very natural finish and blends right in with my skin. No cakey-ness. A few weeks ago I ordered the angled contour brush from ELF and I use that to blend my concealer now. It has really bumped the coverage up a notch. I think I've found my HG combination. I've even stopped wearing foundation since making this discovery.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sandydavis999

didnt provide me with any more moisture than any other (cheaper) concealers i have used, in fact it make my undereyes quite flakey.
Very disappointing considering the price, i also find that mac makeup only seems to work for people with excellent skin to begin with so looks good because they didnt really need to use it in the first place!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have eczema, (awesomely dry skin all over) so i pretty much get attracted to ANY makeup product that has something to do with moisture. I started using MAC's select cover-up concealer since the beginning of highschool, but over time that concealer was too sheer for me. I went back to mac and the MUA told me the moisturecover would be great for my dry skin. (especially since most concealers flake up the skin around my nose, which I cover due to redness) Indeed, the product was more moisturizing than other concealers Ive tried and I quite like it. BUTTTTT, I really wanna slap the MUA for giving me NC30 in this because their colours run darker than select cover-up, which I also have in nc30. I mentioned that I use my other one in nc30 and she didnt even bother colour matching me to moisturecover, which I should be a nc25 in. I use this concealer lightly now and blend with a bit of primer to ease my dry skin. Convenient packing and doe-foot applicator is nice. Not decided on repurchasing yet tho, its good but not amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the shade NW15 for 34 AUD from my local MAC counter within David Jones.

I've been using this concealer for a few months now and although I find myself reaching for it each time I do my makeup, it's just one of those products I love but I can't decide if it's worthy of HG status.

Although some reviewers aren't fond of the doe-foot applicator, I personally think that if it were in a squeeze tube the product would come out too quickly as it is too thin in consistency. The packaging is pretty much identical to the lip glosses by MAC, (you get 0.8ML more product than you would find in a Plushglass).

The consistency is a thin and lightweight liquid but it isn't runny. It sets to a smooth and natural finish, it doesn't appear cakey or scream "I'm hiding dark circles, scarring AND redness!". I find it looks the best when it's buffed in with a fluffy eye shadow brush and gently patted in with fingers afterward. I would say Moisturecover provides medium coverage (or light if you use it sparingly), I don't think this has the potential to disguise major under eye circles or dark pigmentation.

I apply a small swipe of the concealer directly from the applicator onto the inner third of my under eye area and do exactly as I mentioned above. For any redness or PIH I apply some onto my finger and tap it over any areas I feel the need to cover. It looks as natural as concealer possibly can and it lasts all day on me. I find that it does crease a little but any concealer that claims to moisturize will most likely crease in my opinion.

I have some dryness around my eyes which can easily be emphasized by a concealer. Moisturecover doesn't make my eye area appear drier, but it doesn't add moisture either. It easily covers any mild redness I have around my nose or on my cheeks. It covers any active break-outs sufficiently and the same with any post-acne marks I have.

It isn't a fantastic concealer, I would say it's just above average but it does stand out from what I've tried. Overall I would say that this is my favourite but I do intend on trying out other concealers so for now I will say yes, I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by PrincessLeia07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit on the edge about this. It is a nice color (though either too light or too dark for me since I'm not NW15 nor am I NW20). It provides a medium coverage- which is what I'm going for. It does not cake up but it does crease, in addition to that- It made my under eye area all dry and flaky looking, even though I moisturized before applying the product. For the price- it's not worth it and I will not buy again.