MAC Select Moisturecover

3.8

water (aqua purificata), purified, dimethicone, hydrogenated polyisobutene, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, zinc stearate, isononyl isononanoate, dimethicone crosspolymer, sorbitan isostearate, caprylyl dimethicone ethoxy glucoside, dimethicone/ vinyl, dimethicone crosspolymer, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, tocopherol, ascoarbyl palmitate, squalane, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, silica, potassium sorbate, sorbitol, hexadecane, triisostearin, glucose, fructose, dextrin, sucrose, phytosteryl isostearate, alanine, hydrogenated castor oil, hydrogenated palm glycerides, hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, hydrogenated vegetable oil, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, urea, methylparaben, propylparaben [ may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides ]

on 10/3/2011 2:28:00 AM

This is pretty great for concealing dark circles. It covers quite well but does leave a bit of ashiness on me. I normally use my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath to stop that but a MAC MUA told me (after I'd bought it) that I should be using NW concealers for the undereye area instead of NC because the undertones cancel out the colours in undereye circles differently. I wish the MUA who sold me the NC20 had known that!
I still need eye cream under this but at least it doesn't dry into flakes like the Select Cover Up did!
Overall, not bad. Will probably repurchase.

on 9/30/2011 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my first MAC purchase, and because of this I now I have TONS of MAC products and almost 90% of my money is in the shop!
I do like this, it's really moisturising and natural ,the sad thing is that I am a NW20 for most of MAC products but this was somehow REALLY DARK!
I just use this for the summer...
I would repurchase this in another shade but this does cover up dark circles but not spot guys! but it works well for me cause i don't have any acne or spots or blemishes just dark circles!
so do recommend.

on 9/22/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is just a completely average concealer. Not worth the money I paid for it. I expect so much more from MAC. This concealer doesn't have any lasting power and when put on my under eye area it creases like crazy and well I'm 23 it's not like I have wrinkles. The one thing I do like about it is that it is creamy and moisturizing. I will not repurchase.

on 9/11/2011 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in NC45 off ebay, since the MAC counters here in Singapore don't stock concealers beyond NC30/NW35. For reference, I wear Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Honey, which is a pretty close fit.

This concealer unfortunately, is just too orangey for my skintone. I missed out on the Mickey contractor collection released here, for i believe NC44 would have been much better, but oh well.

On the positive side, i love the texture and blendability of this product. Its just so so creamy i swear. Goes on like a dream. Doesnt last very long though, unless you set it. Also oxidises to a darker orange. The shade kind of reminds me of Bobbi Brown's concealer in Golden, with golden being slightly darker. MAC creases far less than BB.

Would i get this again? Nah. For now, i'll probably get a lighter concealer and mix with this.

EDIT: I just had a EUREKA moment. Hah. I'm gona use this to cover my pigmented chin and mouth area first to counter the grey-green colour there. Since orange works to counteract green. Then apply my foundation, which is BB's stick. DONE! Pefect one-tone face. WooHOOO. My coloured sistas out there, TRY THIS!! Esp if you have dark olive/yellow undertones =D

EDIT: For shade reference, MUFE HD foundation in #170 is lighter than this, and Bobbi Brown's foundation stick in Warm Honey is lighter than MUFE =)

on 8/19/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After purchasing my first few MAC products I decided I'd head up to the counter and ask for a concealer for my dark circles. As i tend to have dry skin during the colder months they suggested select moisturecover in the shade NC42 (which was dark for me!! UGHHH! Are concealers not meant to be a bit lighter?) My MAC shade is usually NC37/NC40 and it was pretty annoying that they matched me up in a darker shade, which I've found that they do most the time,( not every wants to be extra tanned!!)

Anyways the product itself was nice and mosturising and easy to apply, and the applicater helped too! However I found it was a bit too sheer and sometimes would crease up, but maybe if i powdered on top that would of been better? I found when I wear Bobbi Brown correcter in peach underneath the concealer gave a better result, but all in all for my asian skin under the eye which is a little dark it was not right for me, but the texture of the concealer was really good!

Tried this with the powder and it works great :D

on 8/3/2011 4:40:00 PM

Love it! I use the NC30 for my C4/NC30 Asian skin. I have pretty even skin with just a few broken capillaries and mild undereye circles, so I dot this and blend with a MAC 224 or a beautyblender on top of my foundation and it's perfect. I love the dewy finish and it doesn't settle into pores whatsoever, which I hate with thicker concealers. It definitely is a LIGHT concealer though, so it doesn't work when I have pimples or something major going on. Still, it's my daily go-to concealer!

on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM

I was scared of this at first but the trick is to use it pretty sparingly and of course blend blend blend! It withstood my friend's wedding ceremony without budging! Not one speck transferred to my tear-soaked tissue, impressive! The finish is really natural and it didn't settle into the fine lines that I am unfortunately developing around my eyes as I get a little older.

on 7/29/2011 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

The formula for this concealer is too thin and runny. It doesn't stay put, so I have to apply at least three layers (letting each layer dry between applications) before my dark circles and red spots are adequately concealed. I'm also not thrilled about the color selection. NW 15 is too light--I have to tap bronzer over it--but NW 20 is too dark.

I had originally hit up the MAC counter to purchase Select Cover-Up, my old college stand-bye, after a string of disappointing concealers but the SA told me Moisturecover was more appropriate for my skin type (very dry). Maybe this would work for someone who has dry skin and only minor imperfections to cover up. For my industrial-grade eye bags, this product just didn't cut it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I've been using this concealer for a few months. I use NW15 for redness and the occasional blemish, while I use NC15 for under my eyes. I wasn't really sold on this concealer when I was blending it with my fingers/MAC 217. It was a little too sheer for my tastes of but it has a very natural finish and blends right in with my skin. No cakey-ness. A few weeks ago I ordered the angled contour brush from ELF and I use that to blend my concealer now. It has really bumped the coverage up a notch. I think I've found my HG combination. I've even stopped wearing foundation since making this discovery.

didnt provide me with any more moisture than any other (cheaper) concealers i have used, in fact it make my undereyes quite flakey.
Very disappointing considering the price, i also find that mac makeup only seems to work for people with excellent skin to begin with so looks good because they didnt really need to use it in the first place!!

Top Rated MAC Products