August 28, 2014 | 981 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Moisturecover

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by nschink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was scared of this at first but the trick is to use it pretty sparingly and of course blend blend blend! It withstood my friend's wedding ceremony without budging! Not one speck transferred to my tear-soaked tissue, impressive! The finish is really natural and it didn't settle into the fine lines that I am unfortunately developing around my eyes as I get a little older.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The formula for this concealer is too thin and runny. It doesn't stay put, so I have to apply at least three layers (letting each layer dry between applications) before my dark circles and red spots are adequately concealed. I'm also not thrilled about the color selection. NW 15 is too light--I have to tap bronzer over it--but NW 20 is too dark.

I had originally hit up the MAC counter to purchase Select Cover-Up, my old college stand-bye, after a string of disappointing concealers but the SA told me Moisturecover was more appropriate for my skin type (very dry). Maybe this would work for someone who has dry skin and only minor imperfections to cover up. For my industrial-grade eye bags, this product just didn't cut it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this concealer for a few months. I use NW15 for redness and the occasional blemish, while I use NC15 for under my eyes. I wasn't really sold on this concealer when I was blending it with my fingers/MAC 217. It was a little too sheer for my tastes of but it has a very natural finish and blends right in with my skin. No cakey-ness. A few weeks ago I ordered the angled contour brush from ELF and I use that to blend my concealer now. It has really bumped the coverage up a notch. I think I've found my HG combination. I've even stopped wearing foundation since making this discovery.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:43:00 AM More reviews by sandydavis999

didnt provide me with any more moisture than any other (cheaper) concealers i have used, in fact it make my undereyes quite flakey.
Very disappointing considering the price, i also find that mac makeup only seems to work for people with excellent skin to begin with so looks good because they didnt really need to use it in the first place!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have eczema, (awesomely dry skin all over) so i pretty much get attracted to ANY makeup product that has something to do with moisture. I started using MAC's select cover-up concealer since the beginning of highschool, but over time that concealer was too sheer for me. I went back to mac and the MUA told me the moisturecover would be great for my dry skin. (especially since most concealers flake up the skin around my nose, which I cover due to redness) Indeed, the product was more moisturizing than other concealers Ive tried and I quite like it. BUTTTTT, I really wanna slap the MUA for giving me NC30 in this because their colours run darker than select cover-up, which I also have in nc30. I mentioned that I use my other one in nc30 and she didnt even bother colour matching me to moisturecover, which I should be a nc25 in. I use this concealer lightly now and blend with a bit of primer to ease my dry skin. Convenient packing and doe-foot applicator is nice. Not decided on repurchasing yet tho, its good but not amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in the shade NW15 for 34 AUD from my local MAC counter within David Jones.

I've been using this concealer for a few months now and although I find myself reaching for it each time I do my makeup, it's just one of those products I love but I can't decide if it's worthy of HG status.

Although some reviewers aren't fond of the doe-foot applicator, I personally think that if it were in a squeeze tube the product would come out too quickly as it is too thin in consistency. The packaging is pretty much identical to the lip glosses by MAC, (you get 0.8ML more product than you would find in a Plushglass).

The consistency is a thin and lightweight liquid but it isn't runny. It sets to a smooth and natural finish, it doesn't appear cakey or scream "I'm hiding dark circles, scarring AND redness!". I find it looks the best when it's buffed in with a fluffy eye shadow brush and gently patted in with fingers afterward. I would say Moisturecover provides medium coverage (or light if you use it sparingly), I don't think this has the potential to disguise major under eye circles or dark pigmentation.

I apply a small swipe of the concealer directly from the applicator onto the inner third of my under eye area and do exactly as I mentioned above. For any redness or PIH I apply some onto my finger and tap it over any areas I feel the need to cover. It looks as natural as concealer possibly can and it lasts all day on me. I find that it does crease a little but any concealer that claims to moisturize will most likely crease in my opinion.

I have some dryness around my eyes which can easily be emphasized by a concealer. Moisturecover doesn't make my eye area appear drier, but it doesn't add moisture either. It easily covers any mild redness I have around my nose or on my cheeks. It covers any active break-outs sufficiently and the same with any post-acne marks I have.

It isn't a fantastic concealer, I would say it's just above average but it does stand out from what I've tried. Overall I would say that this is my favourite but I do intend on trying out other concealers so for now I will say yes, I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by PrincessLeia07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm a bit on the edge about this. It is a nice color (though either too light or too dark for me since I'm not NW15 nor am I NW20). It provides a medium coverage- which is what I'm going for. It does not cake up but it does crease, in addition to that- It made my under eye area all dry and flaky looking, even though I moisturized before applying the product. For the price- it's not worth it and I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Good concealer for my under eye circles because it doesn't cake up and it looks natural. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MascaraJunkiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG under eye concealer. I'm an NC42 and have this concealer in NW35. It was recommended by a MAC artist. I don't have very dark under eye circles to start out with, I use this to even out my under eye area. This hasn't made me break out or get any bad reaction. It's not drying or cakey and blends very nicely. I use my Sonia Kashuk white handle large blending brush to apply and blend it. This hasn't creased on me, I set it LIGHTLY with MAC Studio Fix Powder. I really love this concealer and plan on getting it in NC35 or NC30 for a more bright effect. I would recommend everyone give this a try! (:

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by rxhope2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite concealers. Have been using this for over 2 years. For everyday, I use this on blemishes and then a light dusting of MSF Natural. I get so many compliments that my skin looks great. This doesn't cover my very dark under eye circles well enough, so I use another product but for everything else it's great!