April 24, 2014 | 1975 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I got this in a swap as an evener and I was kinda excited, I love brown eyeliners. I would personally never purchase one from MAC just because I cannot justify paying that much for a single pencil. Anyhow, this is a very nice dark brown color. It did not tug or pull on my eye when applied. I actually really thought I would like this but towards the end of the day I had smudging, which I cannot stand. I guess that is due to it being a kohl. I think this works for some and not for others, but I did not take away lippies because it did not work for me. I obviously would not purchase this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this shade. Wish I had found it sooner. Usu wear mostly blacks so turning over to bronzes was a push out of my MU comfort-zone, however this is spectacular. Most bronze tones don't define enough and their shades dont seem neutral enough. Having a warmer, olive tone with surface redness, a black was the easy choice but could look harsh. This is a great shade because it retains the softness of a gold/bronze, is deep enough to define my eyes (provided I still tightline with a black) and looks like a neutral brown with a slight ashiness against my ruddy complexion, as opposed to being too red or turning too gray as most browns do. I compared this to the Chanel Brun Cuivre, which seemed lighter and had more of a reddish. burgundy cast compared with Teddy. Great alternative to black for women who have a hard time finding softer neutrals (as I sacrifice a neutral, natural effect for softness when using plums, grays, navy's, etc instead of my black). Easy to do an understated, smoky eye with this. Would repurchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 3:13:00 AM More reviews by yingyingz

I love that there's a review specifically for this product and in this color Teddy. I have used this eye kohl pencil liner for 4 years, and loved it since day 1. First off, the color is great because it's brown so not too dark to give you a more natural look, and it has gold flecks that makes your eyes sort of pop. The application is so smooth, and one pencil can last you almost a year (at least for me, and I use it most days). Also it's good for the waterline as well. Although it does smudge (since it's a kohl), it isn't too messy and almost gives you a smoky effect. I have also gotten a few of my friends to become followers of this product after they used mine, and we have different skin tones. All in all, this is a good, staple product to get.

As a side note, I also like MAC's Powerpoint in Permaplum as another alternative to black eyeliner. This one doesn't smudge since it's waterproof and meant to be longer lasting.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by HBeall

Great color and texture, but made my eyes water like crazy!! It must have some red pigment in it or something to make my eyes have a reaction. Too bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by selenalikeduhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is such a pretty eyeliner. It is a golden, medium brown and it makes my light brown eyes pop. Very nice for that sex kitten smudgy eyeliner look. I put it on my upper lash line and my lower lash line and it makes my eyes look bigger and more done up. If you can't wear black eyeliner because it is too harsh then this is a great option.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

This gives a beautiful effect to my eyes. A light touch and this is good for everyday and when applied with a heavier hand it gets rather sexy. Good texture for tightlining too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by brandi14307

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like teddy eye kohl but I may want something smoother on the top of my lids.. It's good though and does what it is suppose to do.. I think I will buy it again unless I find something just as good but creamier.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Poshaj

I love this color eyeliner!! I am used to using liquid (pen) eyeliner because pencil will fade during the day, but I like the smokier look of pencil. Finally with this color, I can wear all day and it still shows up without looking harsh against my pale skin/blue eyes. I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Teddy is the best brown pencil for lining lower lids.

It is a deep dark brown chocolate-- which is good because for anyone, chocolate is what you want to define and give your eyes emphasis. I use it personally and it defines my lower eyelid without encasing me in blackest black.

this is a gorgeous shade and although not waterproof, it stays on for hours if you settle it with a brown (sometimes I use a light brown/golden like Soba, or a reddish brown like Brown script -- MAC) using a slanted brush it will be beautiful for the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by skimcap

I find that I use this when I go for a brown smoky eye effect. Like other MAC kohls its super soft and highly pigmented. Its brown with specks of gold and not too dark. I often steer away from black liners and use this instead, this is a must have liner in my bag of goodies along with the MAC Rosemary & Thyme kohl.