LUSH Buffy the Backside Slayer

4.2

Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Ground Rice, Ground Almonds, Ground Aduki Beans, Perfume, Lavender Oil, Lemon Oil, Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

on 5/10/2011 6:38:00 PM

For the most part, I love this body butter. My only complaint is that it leaves a thin layer of product on my skin and takes forever to absorb. I used this in the shower before getting out. I pre cut up the bar and use a TINY square for my entire body, out of the water, then I massage in and rinse before getting out. My skin can handle the rough texture of this butter so no problems there. Smells amazing! A little on the pricey side, but if its used right it can last a good while.

on 5/10/2011 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this!

I like to use it after I shave, in the shower. I'll turn the shower off, buff it all over my legs and body, then rinse. Afterwards theres no need for lotion because the body butter stays on your skin and leaves it soft and smooth. It helps to exfoliate and helps with the appearance of cellulite.

The only cons I have with this product are its price and the fact that its harder to use when the bar gets smaller (from use)

on 5/4/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wow. If you have keratosis pilaris, you HAVE to try this. I bought this less than a week ago after reading about it here for KP and have used it about 4 times now. The difference is already amazing.

It's basically an exfoliant and moisturizer in one. It's so easy and leaves little excuse to not bother treating KP anymore, which was a point I was at in my life. My boyfriend has it BAD - I have always tried to take care of mine but am too lax sometimes, whereas he would sometimes exfoliate vigorously and never moisturized, making his skin look pretty bad. This is a really simple way to get both exfoliating and moisturizing in quickly. His skin is nearly smooth now. We are both ecstatic about the results. I have never seen results like these with my old treatments (basic exfoliation and moisturizing).

The pieces are big and gritty, and can be harsh, so don't scrub for too long or too hard. The moisturizing effects are pretty incredible. Water beads right off my arms after using this and I can feel a slight greasiness/filminess (not in a bad way) for a while afterwards. Then I'm just left with soft, significantly less bumpy skin!

My only complaints are the price and the 'packaging.' It's $22 for the large block and $9 for the smaller one. It hasn't shrunk TOO badly yet but it's nearly new, and I can definitely see how it would disappear fairly quickly. For $22, I'd like it to last a decent while...so we will see. But for these results, I personally can't complain too much about the price because it is worth it for me. It just stings a bit to pay that much and to know that I will probably have to replace it in a month's time or so, but I'm also not used to spending a lot of money on shower products (I'm 100% a drugstore girl for those things).

The 'packaging' is...non-existant. You can buy a tin separately to store it in, which I did, mostly thinking about travelling, but you can use anything (old yogurt containers even). It's slightly inconvenient to have to store this separately out of your shower or ensure it's not wet when you pack it away. Not a huge complaint but worth noting if you don't want to deal with things like that. I'm used to just tossing my Dove bar back on the soap dish in the shower so this is a bit more high-maintenance than that.

I am also not a fan of the smell. There isn't really any fragrance, so it's kind of an all-natural smell of the shea butters etc in the product. Don't love it when I'm using it but it doesn't seem to stick around on the skin so a very minor detail for me. All in all, 5 lipsticks, simply because it works, and works very well. If you have KP and are getting frustrated by it, please pick this up to try! I'm so happy that I did.

on 4/30/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Okay so my knees ALWAYS get dry in both winter and summer; as well as, my elbows. This bar works so well! I stayed at a friends house one night and was not able to take a shower but this stuff kept my skin hydrated for two days! I didn't even have to reapply lotion. I also love Buffy because I usually forget to put on lotion but Buffy makes it ray to remember to put it on because you can use it in the shower. I advice everyone to buy a tin from lush or you can just use any closed container to put this bar in ecause it will melt. I've used in five times and I only put a small dent in it. I've got a long way to go!

on 4/25/2011 12:47:00 PM

I don't understand why this product has so many negative reviews. I love it!! It is a great exfoliator and leaves your skin ULTRA soft. I can't imagine putting lotion on after using this. You really don't need to. I don't use it too much because it is pretty abrasive...and expensive (it runs out fast). I got the smaller bar because it was my first time sampling it. But when I'm done with this, I'll go back for the bigger one. I get a lot of ingrowns on my legs, so this is great for that. It helps those hairs come to the surface so I can remove them. The packaging is not the greatest...but it is a bar after all. I keep it in a bowl away from the shower, for fear it will melt away. However people, don't use this as a soap...use it AFTER your soap.

on 4/15/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

mmm LOVE LOVE LOVE it. the smell is heavenly and it makes my already soft skin even softer. I feel like a baby's bum. Only thing is that I have to use it sparingly because it runs out fast!

on 4/13/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Great exfoilator and has lots of moisture. I use this when i don't feel like rubbing lotion on after a shower and about 2-3 times per week. I just love how it makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated. It is very abrasive so if you have sensitive skin or don't like it to be so rough then this might not be the body butter for you.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very nice moisturizing scrub. It smells really good, and the bars last a long time if you don't store them in the shower. It's a little expensive for my taste, but overall it's a really good product. (Not as good as You Snap the Whip, though. That's my HG.)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an ok product. I love the name, being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. The scent of this is very nice. I would love to see it made into a soap without the exfoliating stuff. The exfoliating stuff in this is very harsh to the skin. I love the moisturizing part though. I find I can use this on my skin and not need any extra lotion which is great when I am in a rush. It would be great in the summer instead of wearing a heavy lotion. So I am kind of in the middle of how I feel about this. I like the scent and the moisturizing ability of the bar, but I am not that big of a fan of the exfoliating beads. They were so rough that they actually scratched up my legs with red marks. I would love to see this reformulated with something gentler to exfoliate.

on 1/16/2011 11:22:00 AM

I bought this last week and have used it a few times. You need a container for this! I use an old clean hummus container to store it. Then tip all the water out before you put the lid back on. At first I found it a bit abrasive, but now I love it. My backside, thighs and arms look a lot smoother since using this. I do use moisturizer after, but I find it soaks in better. I have the smaller bar and still have tons left.

Top Rated LUSH Products