August 21, 2014 | 1167 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an ok product. I love the name, being a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan. The scent of this is very nice. I would love to see it made into a soap without the exfoliating stuff. The exfoliating stuff in this is very harsh to the skin. I love the moisturizing part though. I find I can use this on my skin and not need any extra lotion which is great when I am in a rush. It would be great in the summer instead of wearing a heavy lotion. So I am kind of in the middle of how I feel about this. I like the scent and the moisturizing ability of the bar, but I am not that big of a fan of the exfoliating beads. They were so rough that they actually scratched up my legs with red marks. I would love to see this reformulated with something gentler to exfoliate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I bought this last week and have used it a few times. You need a container for this! I use an old clean hummus container to store it. Then tip all the water out before you put the lid back on. At first I found it a bit abrasive, but now I love it. My backside, thighs and arms look a lot smoother since using this. I do use moisturizer after, but I find it soaks in better. I have the smaller bar and still have tons left.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Winnie15

This little scrubby moisturizing bar was a little too abrasive for me. Its meant to be used in the shower.....(use it away from the direct stream of water or it'll melt really quickly....and you just massage it over damp skin...and it exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time...)
Like I already said...I found it to be too harsh for an exfoliant...and as a moisturizer...though it is moisturizing...i found that it left a greasy film on me and didn't really absorb completely...actually as afar as moisturizer is concerned I'm addicted to Jergens...and I've used it everyday for the last 11 years...and anything else I use...including Lush massage bars...are more for the relaxation/aromatherapy than the actual moisturizing.
If you happen to stop by Lush...ask them to demonstrate how it works...its the best way to figure if you'll like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I use it on my arms and legs and it leaves my skin so soft and smooth! I still apply lotion after I get out of the shower but I have really dry skin so If your skin is normal then you should be able to just use this. I did take one lippie off because it can be some what ruff on the skin. Overall it is a good product and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the fact that i dont need a body lotion after this since its very moisturizing. i like the way it exfoliates

the only problem is that it melts fast.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I dont understand why this is 20 dollars. it didnt exfoliate very well...it melted a lot even though i turned off the shower before i used it....and it left oatmeal crap all over my tub. honestly just use your fave LUSH body wash or soap w/a bufpuf body puff, then use a LUSH bodybutter or lotion after you shower, and you will save money and your tub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by mphilip429

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this!
Great exfoliating and moisturizing body scrub. Yes, it can be greasy when you use it in the shower but when you wash it off a little and pat your skin dry, it leaves your skin feeling amazing. Great way to prep your skin for a moisturizing because it locks in the moisture of the water already on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product i had been wanting to try it for a while after hearing raves about it. It exfoliates so well and leaves my skin feeling very moisturised which i love because i hate putting moisturiser on after a shower and waiting around for it to dry so this is my perfect solution. The only thing i dont like is i have to keep it in a paper bag i didnt get any packaging with it and it is a little pricey but I would buy it again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

Wow, NO! Absolutely not. I appreciate Lush's eco-friendly packaging and ingredients. However, this product is absolutely terrible. It melts within a week, leaving a disgusting filmy mess in your shower (worse than bath oil, seriously). It doesn't exfoliate or moisturize any better than good ol' fashioned olive oil + sugar. In fact, the moisturizing effects don't really last. It simply isn't worth the price or the mess, especially considering the many alternatives out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by MUFEx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL EXFOLIATOR!!!!!!! Cannot sing this body butter/exfoliator higher praises!!! !st off, it smells gorrrrrgeous!! Like a coca, chocolate, sweet heaven that doesn't stick around to give you a headache! just creamy and fragrant enough that you'll enjoy sniffing yourself! but the smell is only the half of it! I have used this twice and the bumps on my thighs have pretty much disappeared!!!!!! I am truely amazed! I'm gonna keep using this 3 times a week now its winter to really banish my dead skin and keep it as smooth as possible but even if you used this once a week you'd really notice a difference in the feel and overall brightness of your skin! seriously evens out complexion and makes you glow!! annnnd if you don't want to....no need to moisturise!! it's a body butter so it's already built in for you!! bought the small size for 5 from the Lush store in Birmingham. One thing i hate is that you have to buy the tin seperately!! c'mon lush!? but other than that, what's an extra 2.50 when you've got something to keep your HG safe and clean in!! :) x