April 21, 2014 | 1568 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Un Jardin sur le Nil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this fragrance 3 times - meaning I walked up to the Hermes counter, sprayed it on my wrist and went away..... the first time was a test.... the 2nd time, I decided to buy it at the airport but could not as I had to dash off to board on the final call, the third time was to let my husband smell it on my wrist and he gave the thumbs up and bought it to commemorate out 27th year of knowing each other (yes, known him 27 years ago, married for 20 years).....

This is now my favourite among my classics (Mitsouko, Shalimar). It's a fresh fragrance, but unique and unlike most.... sorry, but I just can't describe fragrance well. It does not stay very long on me, but I don't mind reapplying often as I just simply love this scent, which I don't find similar in any others.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by cmars29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift, now its for sale on Ebay. I just don't notice the same scents as the other posters, on me this turns more into a pine tree scent...not very alluring. Oh well, at least it was a gift.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2006 3:16:00 PM More reviews by maybeljean

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been looking for a signature scent for 25 years. This is it. Un jardin sur de Nil is a beautiful, classic green fragrance that is very clean and feminine. I wanted to like Creed Royal Water like this, but Hermes does it better!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was attrached by the bottle initially. I love the clean green feel of the glass. When I tried it on for the first time, the rush of bitterness was overwhelming which was unique. When it faded, I smell grapefruit and likely to be white florals. Instant love as I am a very clean floral fragrance person. being Located in Singapore makes it hard to wear warm heady fragrances...therefore Un Jardin Sur le Nil is perfect for a after-rain humid afternoon or when I feel rather dizzy and need something to perk me up. It makes me feel light,fresh,and utterly clean.My favorite part is that at it's dry down it doesn't turn powdery as many other floral fragrances do.Its staying powder is suprisingly strong for a EDT,after a sweating day at school, I can still smell it in my hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2006 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was shopping in downtown SF Saks and the nicest salesperson (Rena) walked right up to me and asked me what perfumes I liked. I said fresh and green, she introduced me to Un Jardin sur le Nil and I flipped. I also bought a gift set of Mediteranee that included a purse spray, larger EDT and a tube of body lotion. I wore the SLN it to the Napa Valley and when the breeze blew I got a lot of compliments from the staff. It smells fresh and green and just right for Spring/Summer. Yes it is expensive, but the whole experience of wearing it from begining to end makes me happy and therefore worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Belle_de_Jour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my new HG scent--initially it has a strong citrus punch but then the dry down is very green, similar to Bulgari Eau de thé vert. I love it, it's not overpowering and gives me a lift whenever I smell my wrist.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by e18a

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not care for this fragrance at all. All I get from it is grapefruit. To me, it smells really similar to Orgins "Gloom Away" (at least I think that is what it is called). The staying power is not that great either. I do not think it is worth the price. This is more like a "hot summer day" fragrance. It seems really green, crisp and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by amykelley

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My husband smelled this on my arm and declared, "It's a perfumey grapefruit." For once, his usually scent-challenged nose was correct. That's Un Jardin sur le Nil in a nutshell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2006 1:19:00 PM More reviews by elsier

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd love to love this as much as I love other Hermes scents. But sadly, it just doesn't work for me. It ends up smelling like TBS' Lemon tea. Nary a green mango to be found. Not a bad scent, but certainly not what I was expecting. It smells fabulous on a friend, so for that it gets a happy medium rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by PattyGirl

Didn't really like this. I love Jardin en Mediterranee, but Sur le Nil turns sour on me. Almost like sour milk, but not as strong. I wished I liked it though. It smells great on my co-worker.