April 20, 2014 | 1512 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is prolly the nicest mineral powder you can find in the drugstore. you can pack and pack and itll give you an airbrushed look but if you look close up it doesnt look like you have powder packed on your face. i looooove physicians formula :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Mia87

I canot say how much I love this product, I have been using it for 4 years now, since i first discovered it I never wanted anything else on my face. I have combo skin which is also sensetive and hard to please. I hate wearing liquid make up and having cakey looking skin. This product is absolutley beautiful, its natural ( to an extent) I always put it on top of my sunscreen, it settles beautifuly, takes any excess shine off and makes my skin look really natural, like im not even wearing make up. Since ffirst I started using this product, my skin stopped breaking out, and the little pimples inside the skin have almost disapeard...i guess because it dosnt clog my pores unlike the the other stuff...it has no smell which is a big plus, as i hate putting anything with any perfume or smell on my face. The only thing which i really dislike is the packging, its really clumsy and hard to use, if the poweder drops it break easily...but so far thats my only complain. will keep buying forever unless they stop making it, which i hope they wont.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really, really like this! I'd give it a 4.5 if that was an option. Not a full 5 because the packaging is crap. Floppy, over-large, and obnoxious. Just last night it fell from my cabinet to my sink, only about a foot drop, and part of the powder cracked and broke off. So the big package certainly doesn't protect it.

Here's the first testimonial of how much I love it: I'm someone who barely uses a product before moving on to something new. Despite this, even before the plunge from my cabinet, a dent is already forming! I never do that!

So, I use this as my foundation. I have super sensitive skin and after so many trial and error with foundations, most of which give me cysts on my chin, it's down to this and the loose powder. I have and really like the illuminating loose powder but prefer this because it's pressed and I hate dealing with the mess of loose powder. I really wish they'd make a version of this in a illuminating formula because I do love the sheen it gives me.

So what I do when using this is conceal first using the PF RX concealer, apply my PF mineral wear corrective powder, then apply this using my Eco Tools mineral brushes (powder brush and kabuki in places I want more coverage), spray my face with my mineral water setting mist to avoid powder look, then a quick shot of rose water spray on my cheeks for a glowy look there.

Finished look is natural and pretty, lasts me all day, and (hopefully writing this won't jinx me), hasn't cased me breakouts and I'm finally healing.

I love Physicians Formula products and will stop trying to stray. But hey, PF, get on an illuminating version of this! I'd love you X's 2!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by sarahlovesmakeup101

I love this powder, it made my skin look really nice. I wear as a foundation type thing. It reduces the oily look on my face and gives a nice matte finsh without making me look too powdered or cakey. It also seems to cover the redness and reduce the look of my pores which are quite big on my cheeks. I HATE the brush that comes with it. It hurts my face when I tried it.
I also love how it doesn't make me break out :D. I will definatly buy again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Rusty1711

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this product for a couple years now and use it as my setting/finishing powder. Its one of the best powders I have ever used. It gives great coverage and is great even on its own if you decide to not wear a bronzer. I have oily skin and when ever I feel that my skin is looking shiny i brush on some more powder and then my skin is matte again. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by comma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder! It gives a nice, matte finish and wears so nicely! Looks very natural. Light coverage but layers well to build more coverage where you need it. Love the minimal list of ingredients. Very gentle with no talc. The packaging is okay. It's not the most convenient to use when you're on the go but it works. Definitely use a different powder brush to apply! The one that comes with this is okay for touching up but it's too narrow to get an even dusting all over the face and the bristles are hard. I find the price to be a bit high compared to that of other drugstore powders but I definitely think it's worth it. One lippie off because of the shade selection. There aren't very many shades to choose from, a lot of them seem very close together and the darker shades are all very pink. I am somewhere in between Translucent Light and Translucent Natural. Light is a bit too yellow and Natural is a bit too dark. I can get away with either but neither of them are translucent! I can get almost full coverage with a concealer brush. I don't mind, but it is a little misleading.

Overall, I think this is a great powder. Wish I had a perfect match.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:15:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually don't wear foundation but when I do I use this as my foundation. I apply with the Ecotools travel kabuki over Guerlain Meteorites balls in Mythic. People tell me my skin is glowing and want to know why it looks so perfect. It looks so natural while doing a great job of covering my redness too and no other makeup has been able to cover my redness without looking thick/heavy. I'm really pale and have been using the Translucent but I'm going to look for the lighter color which would be a better match since this one makes me look like I have a tan. The package kind of sucks but I use it to my advantage by using the bottom compartment to keep some Clean&clear oil absorbing sheets in there. I blot my oil with the sheets and then if I need some more powder I lightly dust some on with my Ecotools kabuki.

EDIT: 3/11
I've been using this in Translucent Light and the color match is much better.

EDIT 8.11
Somehow I was able to get a tan (which pale me thought was impossible) and I found Translucent to be a better match until the tan faded. So I'll be using Translucent Light most of the time and if I ever get a tan again I'll just switch to Translucent till it fades away. I recommend keeping 2 colors and alternate them depending on the season if your skin gets darker/lighter throughout the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

Good stuff. I, too, tried MAC Mineralize and all I got from it was cystic acne! I bought this in Creamy Natural which is great for my neutral fair skin. It's super easy to blend and looks very natural on the skin. It's not cakey and still lets my natural "glow" show through. It controls my oily skin without being too harsh. A definitely winner in my book. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the price and the packaging. The packaging is decent, but I wish it was a little less flimsy. It's $14 for a container of this stuff which is pricey for drugstore, but it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by halloweenhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

ohgoodness I LOVE THIS POWDER. if you have sensitive acne-prone skin this is for YOU! i've used mac msf natural and it broke me out. this physician's formula powder has no talc in it and is a mineralized powder AND has spf 15 in it. it's not full coverage but it does give a nice natural look. i use the essence of beauty blending brush to apply it and it looks great! the bad things about this is that: the packaging SUCKS and the brush it comes with is useless. i've been using this for almost a year now and it's stayed in one piece but i just dropped it in the bathroom the other day and it's all cracked and basically became all powdery and like loose powder. it's around $14 which is pretty good. overall, it's a GREAT powder despite the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Malik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for the face brightner bronzer. I love it...it gave me a healthy glow. I also love the ingredients and you can't beat the price!