MAC Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

on 2/27/2008 5:30:00 PM

Very subtle, but great color. The only fluidline that doesn't make a mess under my eyes! Doesn't stay on all day, but doesn't smudge.

on 2/15/2008 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great alternative to black eyeliner. Really subtle color (which can be built up to look more purple) and great lasting power! One of my favorite Fluidlines!

on 1/15/2008 5:54:00 PM

I hadn't seen the colour in person (just on MAC's website) but I told my boyfriend I wanted to have more purples, so he bought this for me for Christmas just past. I LOVE MAC's Fluidlines! This is a gorgeous deep purple that goes well with my brown eyes. I was impressed with the consistency- it just glides right onto your lids. It stays put for hours and doesn't run. What I really like is that you can play with the intensity of the colour by adding more for a darker colour. I'll definitely purchase other Fluidlines!

I love how this product does not smudge and stays on for hours! It goes on extremely smooth and the color is so rich and vibrant. This color looks great on just about any skin tones. I love the packaging and would purchase this product again in a different color.

on 1/13/2008 1:06:00 AM

Macroviolet is a lovely purple-plum with hints of red. It's one of the sheerer fluidlines, which can be a pain in the ass if you are in a hurry--I don't reach for this on workdays. But the color builds nicely and I love the color. *EDIT: Downgraded, wouldn't buy again. I ended up getting rid of this and replacing it with Jane's gel e/l in Wine. The sheerness of the color was just too much to cope with.*

on 1/6/2008 4:37:00 AM

I don't reach for this nearly as often as blacktrack or blitz-n-glitz, but it's still a pretty color. It's a little bit more interesting than those two colors, while still being fairly subtle on the skin (the color isn't too bright or shimmery.. on me, it looks like a mix of brown-purple-gray). It's great when you don't want to use a more interesting color but still stay neutral and corporate-workplace-friendly

on 12/22/2007 3:38:00 PM

love the color, I have brown eyes and this color makes them pop.It is a understated purple color. If you are looking for a bright purple this is not for you.It is pretty easy to use and it stays on untill you wash it off.Just make sure you tighten the cap after each use.I would but again

on 12/21/2007 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first fluidline and at first I was a bit disappointed too with its lack of color when I applied it as eye liner. However, after several tries, I found out the best way to apply this color and get it to display the same color like in the jar. First, apply this FIRST before applying e/s. Second, use pointy, tiny brush to get the dreamy purple color; the slanted brush creates a lighter color. I'm NC 20 with dark brown eyes.

on 12/9/2007 2:04:00 PM

I have pale, warmish cool skin; dark hair and green eyes. This color is great for me, though it doesn't show up very purple when it's on--more subtle. It still brings out my green eyes. Is great for a smokey eye, since you can blend Fluidline onto the whole lid. Love the slight shimmer in it, adds a nice depth.

on 12/3/2007 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I decided it was time to try another Fluidline after finding my holy grail black eyeliner in Blacktrack.
I opted for Macroviolet because I like purple :-)
It applies like a dream, but barely showed up on my skintone. And frankly, it has put me off trying any more colours... because they're not cheap...

Top Rated MAC Products