September 20, 2014 | 1860 users online

Lip Treatments - Fusion Beauty - LipFusion Lip Plumping Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bellefranjic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a few lip plumping products, and this one is probably the best. It doesn't make a significant difference, but it does subtly make the lips swell a few minutes after it is applied. This effect appears to last for a few hours after application, even if the gloss has rubbed off. I have this in 'sugar' and the smell is divine. Another advantage is that it doesn't sting like other lip plumping products. I just notice a slight tingling sensation. I'd buy this again, primarily because it is a good lipgloss with excellent lasting power, and the added benefit that it makes my lips slightly fuller.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by ILChazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first lip plumping gloss and i gotta say its great! My medium sized lips became fuller and smoother immediately after the first application. I felt gentle tingling sensation (quite pleasant) and saw my lips becoming bigger and fuller in just few seconds. I believe some people are disappointed with this product because of their unrealistic expectations. It really doesn't make your naturally slim lips Angelina Jolie-like full, but it makes them fuller and better looking. I give this 4 lippies because i have nothing to compare it to yet, but if I don't find better lip plumper, i will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by aveyoubeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have several different colors of this lip gloss and I love them all. Unlike some lip plumping products that sting and burn, lip fusion lasts for a pretty long time. It doesn't have cinnamon or clove oil in it so the effects aren't just temporary. It really generates collagen in your lips and even after the gloss wears off your lips, they will be fuller. You will see the fine lines in your lips fill up in just a few minutes. I have been using this product for about 2 years now and I absolutely love it. I use the XL at night as a supplement and I always get compliments on my full lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It took about 4-5 months of regular daily use to finally see results, but it has made a big difference in my lips - fuller, poutier, bigger. (Not so the XL - waste of $$). Those who aren't getting results, just keep applying it a few times a day for a few more months, it takes a while to see a difference. I've been using it for a couple of years now and my lips keep getting better and better. Now I use it every night and during the day I alternate with Colorfil lip plumper from B&BW which gives a faster plumping effect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by MomColors

This receive low lippies for the price. The product does not deliver. Now, if it were in the $20 price range I would give it 3 lippies, it's a nice gloss with super staying power. As for the plumping part of the product, that gets zero-lippies. I noticed no stinging whatsoever. This product is $48 at my local Ulta.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by BRANDI7013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank gawd I didn't buy this stuff! It doesn't work and the only advantage is that it is a nice lip gloss. Not sticky, just right. But, I would never purchase this because it doesn't do much- not even tingle a little!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by DyslexicSpeedreader

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. Before Lip Fusion, I thought all plumpers were like a Sexy Jedi Mind-Trick. Only giving me a teasing, tingling sensation but leaving my lips feeling used and burning.

LipFusion rocks! It takes a couple minutes for it to set it - and WITHOUT burning might I add. And then Bam all of a sudden I'm a white Beyonce, only without the moves.

Yeah yeah it's expensive. $38.00 for lipgloss might seem ridiculous to even those with the most discriminating taste. I assure you though, this stuff really really works. My lips aren't quite twice as big, but honestly - almost. It's a clear, Noticeable difference. Even others can tell. I get compliments on my lips when I'm wearing it. Granted I don't have super thin lips, so with more surface area to work with than some, I bet it works a little better. But, if you want collagen and need something to hold you over, I'd definitely recommend this gloss.

One tube lasts me quite a while, too. I'd say about 3 months. However I refrain from using it when I'm sitting around the house etc. I try to stick to when I'm going out or worried about looking my best. If it weren't for the price, though, I'd use it every 10 minutes.

Money well spent!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2008 5:47:00 AM More reviews by vyxxyn

First, have a look at this photo on my profile: http://www.makeupalley.com/account/pic.asp/f=926604/c=/u=vyxxyn/k=
If you invested $38 in this thing hoping it will deliver its promises, then be prepared for major disappointment. You're just helping the company to buy more advertising airtime on TV. If you're going to use Lipfusion for the first time, may I suggest you get it from ebay. Read the reviews below, I did but chose to believe the informercials over real user reviews, and went ahead to buy 2 for myself! No real change in lip size. If at all, just the lines on lips got smoothened out. Not noticeable from 3rd person's perspective, I seriously think the lips shown on commercials were edited. Firstly despite Fusion Beauty's claims of no stinging or burning, Lipfusion does sting lips, although it is not as painful as brands like Urban Decay or Duwop. This feeling starts about 10 seconds after application, and lasts about 5-10 minutes depending on how much gloss I've put on. In my opinion, nicest natural-looking colors that would suit most skin tones are Bare, Sugar, and Fresh in that order. I tried on all colors in the store but bought my tubes from ebay for $16-19 each including shipping, from trusted sellers. If you purchase from ebay, make sure they are known colors on Sephora's, Ulta's or Fusion Beauty's websites, as those marked "unreleased colors" and/or don't come with packaging and/or color labels are fakes. Lastly Lipfusion's technology is NOT new. There are at least 2 other brands that plump lips as lightly as Lipfusion does, that share exactly the same technology of micro-injected marine collagen, they're not advertised therefore their regular prices are much lower. Alice in Wonderland by Goldie (sister company of Hard Candy) $12, and Liplicious Plumper $8 both can be bought from Bath And Body Works, but come in limited choice of colors. I've tried both, both give exactly the same plumping effects of Lipfusion. Liplicious doesn't sting, it gives a nice numbing sensation instead. Despite this, I might buy Lipfusion again if I can get a good deal on ebay, and only because I like their color Sugar.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Foamy

I would give this product a 3.5 if I could, but since the rating scale doesn't allow 1/2 increments, I'll give it a 4. I like this product because it moisturizes and plumps your lips without making your lips burn, or making you look like you just ate a bunch of chili peppers. Some people may like the pink/redness effects but I definitely don't, especially since I like to get a little bit of plumping going on right above my lips (to try to enhance my lips even more). This product lets me do that without looking like a fool. One thing to note though - it definitely doesn't last as long as it claims to, ("Results can last for up to 48 hours" -- yea, maybe if you put it on and don't eat, kiss, or go out of your house! I know it says "up to," but even if I were to try hard not to touch anything with my lips, I don't know how results can even last longer than 5 hours). Overall, I like the product because it works without burning... now only if it was cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by jrbold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have pretty average lips, but they have become dry and thinner since I moved to a cold climate. I had hopes about the plumping feature of this gloss, but I also bought it because so many people raved about its moisturizing qualities. I absolutely agree with the raves about moisturization ... my lips were dry and cracked all winter last year, before I started using this, and this year I have had NO dryness at all. Nice! As for the plumping, I have not seen a dramatic difference, but I do think it does a little something, and it's SO MUCH better than the burning, horrible stuff I've tried from other companies! I also have to agree that it seems to work better when used over time, which is kind of a raw deal if you want to try it out in the store before buying it.