August 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Lash Power

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Ymber

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I decided to give Clinique Lash Power a try, and it does exactly what I want from a mascara, in this specific order:

1) Stays put the whole day. No rubbing or smudging.
2) Lenghtens and separates lashes beautifully. No clumping.
3) Is easily removed with just warm water and does not cause irritation.

It creates a natural look, not big fat dramatic lashes, and is therefore perfect for everyday wear. (To get the picture, it gives more definition than Clinique Naturally Glossy - without the rubbing - but less than Estée Lauder DoubleWear - without the clumping).

I think I have found a new love...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

A very good long-wearing and lengthening mascara with decent curl hold on my spare, straight, short Asian lashes. I am very pleased with it! The wand is very small and thin which is perfect for my weensy lashes. I curl lashes, apply 3 coats, do the rest of my face while it dries then I hit my lashes with a curler again with a very light squeeze and a curl is set for 8 hours. No smearing or smudging after a full work day. This formula isn't volumizing, but I prefer length and curl. This might be my new HG! Also WAYYY easier to remove than my longstanding Sana waterproof curl mascara. So happy I tried this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by jcrsehy

This mascara is great! With my deep set eyes, most mascaras run like crazy on me after a few hours. Nothing is more annoying to me than having a perfect face of makeup ruined by raccoon eyes, so I've been on the hunt for long lasting mascaras that also enhance my lashes. I naturally have long, thick lashes and this mascara does a great job of making them longer and thicker without any clumping. The small wand is a bonus because you can pretty much reach every lash with out. After a long day at school or work, my mascara manages not to budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by krystalc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the mascara of my dreams! I have very fine, long lashes, and I love mascaras that enhance those particular qualities. Think "doe eyed"; delicate, long, and defined, not thick, clumpy, or unnatural. The fact that its smudge proof and fairly easy to remove is a huge bonus, since I have a bad habit of rubbing my eyes and I don't like to use heavy duty makeup removers.

ETA: When I first wore this to work, the very second my co-worker saw me she exclaimed "You have a new mascara!!!". Yeah, it's good.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:33:00 AM More reviews by papierflora

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

A tubular mascara that forms polymer wraps around each lash. The formula is rather thick and wet. I feel that this mascara does not work well for Asian lashes that point straight down. It works better for thicker and fuller lashes.

Pros:
-very smudgeproof
-water-resistant
-rather black in colour, which is good for darkening lashes and subtly defining eyes

Cons:
-a MESS to remove (it comes off in little bits, EWW)
-lashes becomes limp after a couple of hours
-have to remove a lot of excess mascara on tissue for this to work (Maybelline One-By-One WP does not require me to do this step)
-pricey and does not work (seems to be the case for Clinique products--all hype and no quality to me as their products falls terribly short of my expectations time and time again)

Back to my HG mascara. Using this till my HG arrives.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by amandab

I bought this because I wanted to try a 'tubing' / fibre mascara, and beauty editor Zoe Foster recommended it. This mascara honestly never smudges, even if you get caught in the rain or shed a tear or two! But, better than waterproof mascara, it comes off really easily with *warm* water. Fantastic. The only tiny drawback is that you have to apply carefully to avoid clumps. I find that the best way is to just apply one very light brushstroke - don't go back over your lashes at all. Also try not to load too much mascara on the brush, wipe it briefly against the top of tube if you need. It also does lengthen the lashes really well. And is a pretty great price compared to other fibre mascaras out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:13:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I read a review on this and thought I would give it a go, unfortunately I found it at a department store charging nearly $50 for it....but anyway, I thought I should try something not cheap.
Unfortunately, I really don't think this is for me. I have quite long lashes already, but very fine ones. So this just clumped everything together into like 3 or 4 giant super lashes. Occasionally this has happened before with regular $20 mascara, but usually I can add a few drops of water into the bottle and dilute it a bit and its fine. The problem with the Clinique formula is that its already quite liquidy in the bottle, so I don't really dare to add anything to it.
Because its so liquidy and sticky, I have to scrape off a lot of whaht is on the wand, which wastes it as it is so expensive. Or I have to put it on and then brush out the large clumps, which also wastes it. Not really keen on buying it again with the price and lacklustre results.
Not reccommended if you:
- have long lashes
- have finer lashes
- prefer a more subtle, natural look
- don't have a lot of time to spend on doing makeup
- want something cheap

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Magdusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If only every mascara was as smudge-resistant as this one, and yet came off so easily with just a few wipes of warm water! Clinique mascaras are above average in quality, but this one is my favourite by far. The only downside is that it's not very dramatic, so I've been opting for l'Oreal's Beauty Tubes for the evening, but nevertheless, it's a fantastic daytime mascara. I can't go back to waking up with racoon eyes (despite scrubbing with makeup remover the night before), no matter how good another formulation of mascara may be.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by berrycheesecake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara, my problem with mascaras is that most transfer on me and i was happy to discover that this mascara did not budge.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by honeybeeyy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm amazed with the staying power of this mascara. It's truly smudge proof! I will definitely repurchase this mascara!