Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/7/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Did nothing to my skin- yes, skin was softer, but that's all. There are 2 silicones in it, which made skin feeling uncomfortable. Also after using it I noticed allergy on my cheeks. Total waste of money.

on 3/24/2011 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best serum i've used for my oily skin.My pores seem smaller and my face is not as red as it used to be.It controls the oilness pretty well and i love that smooth velvety finish that leaves on my face!!!It's expensive for my pocket but if you get the 100ml bottle i think it's a very good price. Try it with the hydrationist cream and at night use it after the Estee lauder Synchronised Advanced Recovery Complex serum.

on 3/10/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a 15ml sample bottle of this as a GWP and have almost finished it by now, so I think the time is right for sharing my thoughts.

PROS:
* As a "good morning serum", it is not bad. It really acts as a primer, smoothing the skin out, making it soft and dewy for the rest of the day.
* Nice, natural, light smell and pleasant texture.
* I have been using it on and off for about three months, and the bottle was rather small, so it also lasted for decent time.
* It did not break me out in spite of all the silicones, and my sensitive, clog-prone skin.

CONS:
* It did not do what it claimed (reducing the size of my pores)!
* It did not seem to have any other benefits such as a boost to hydration levels, reducing fine lines, clearing up my skin or making it smoother in the long run, either.
* It is indecently pricey.

So, as it basically did not deliver on its main promise (especially when compared to Advanced Night Repair which I am also currently testing, and which has been delivering well beyond its promise so far), I am only giving two lippies and do not plan to repurchase.

EDIT: Although it did not impress me that much, I thought I would give it a chance, and use up the the other GWP bottle I had, at least as a make-up primer if it really did not bring any other benefits. So I have been using it religiously every day, and after two weeks of continuous use, it actually started breaking me out. (Serves me right, after stating that it did not cause breakouts without trying it out thoroughly.) I stopped using it and voila, my skin goes back to normal. A word of warning then: It does not show immediately, but the ample amount of silicones in it might not be good for your skin in the long run.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had a sample of this hanging around for a while. After reading reviews, I decided to try this under E.L. Country Mist foundation this morning. It's a little hard to get the product out of the small sample-size bottle. I eventually took the end of a floss pick to get some product out. It took a very small amount to smooth over my T-zone and I used just a dab on the sides of my nose, toward the apples of cheeks where my pores are slightly visible. This went on like a serum or primer, with no scent that I could tell. It felt like liquid silk going on. I let the product set a few minutes before applying the liquid foundation. The foundation applied very smoothly but the formulation is incredibly smooth and dewy anyway. I used a small amount of powder applied with a brush to set my makeup. I'll have to see how my foundation wears throughout the day as it sounds like most people use this as a primer. After being at work about three hours, my face looks flawless as far as pores as concerned. I'd like to buy this--hopefully I can find it at the Cosmetic Outlet as I can't afford to pay full price at this time.

on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 PM

It works as a primer but it doesn't really shrink your pores or anything. It makes your skin look more even and the pores appear smaller. That's all...I love the little glass bottle with the pump but the whole product is just not worth the high price.

on 2/26/2011 12:09:00 PM

I now use this as a makeup primer. Three of the 4 main ingredients are silicones, which most primers are made of - Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, & Polysilicone (first ingredient is water). It works really well as a primer. It makes concealer and foundation application smoother and helps prevent makeup from sinking into pores.

When I previously used this as a serum under my morning face cream, I did not see it help diminish pore size. However, it was hydrating and brightening.

Cost wise, the larger bottle costs $77.50 for 1.7 oz. Lancome's La Base Pro Primer is $42 for 0.85 oz ($84 for 1.7oz) and contains Cyclopentasiloxane & Dimethicone as main ingredients. I realize that they are sister companies but you get more for your money with the Pore perfector and it also has other benefits to your skin than just being a primer. One pump covers most of my face and the bottle lasts me about 10 months.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is great. I bought it after trying a sample. The stuff was amazing I just tried cuz I had a sample I never even heard of before then. My skin felt so amazing after using it that I had to run out and buy a bottle when my sample ran out. I felt like I needed it in my life and now I feel like I couldn't live without it. I don't have big pores to begin with so I don't know if that work, but my skin is soo amazigly soft after I use it and I need less moisturizer after I use it. It also has bee calming down the redness in my cheeks (which is nothing crazy). It smells really refreshing and energizing so its nice to put on a freshly cleansed face first thing in the morning

on 2/21/2011 4:28:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two weeks in conjunction with other Estee Lauder facial regimen products and I have to say that my pores are definitely smaller and less noticeable. I have HUGE pores and this has changed their size dramatically. I was also so self-conscious about my pore size and now I feel better about my face. This is NOT a moisturizer, this is NOT a primer, and this is NOT a makeup remover. It is a pore minimizing skin refinisher, and that is what this product does. You can only expect the product to be capable of doing what is advertised on the packaging. You still need to cleanse, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin honeys. Great product, I see results, and recommend it if you have normal/combination skin. I paid $80 for my 1.7 OZ. bottle and don't have any expectations for the product to do anything other than what it was advertised to do.

on 2/21/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is misleading a lot of people.

First, Estee Lauder claim it could minimizing skin-pores. Well, it doesn't shrink your pores, its more like a pore filler, you wear it during the day time under your moisturizer or foundation! It will make sense if they promote this product as a makeup "Primer" instead of "Serum or Skin Refinisher", Your pores will NOT reduce after you wash your face at night time. If you have large skin pores, the real solution is to do clinical treatments. Department store cosmetics won't noticeably help out much. *I guess I was hoping for a cheap miracle!*

If you have dry skin, I'd suggest you to totally stay away from this product, the ingredient aren't good for drier skin. If you want to use it as make-up primer, this will make your foundation look very dry. When I first use this product, it was spring-summer time, but I already noticed the drying effect and eventually broke out my skin.

For people who expect a "Permanent" Pore Reducing result you would be disappoint it. Don't waste money on it unless you have combination/oily skin and want to use it as a make-up primer! EL make wonderful Advance Night Repair serum, and I'm always recommend it to my friends and sibling. But for this Idealist serum, sadly, I will not recommend or repurchase!

on 2/19/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It did make my skin matte and soft but I definitely wouldn't buy this again. I have found better, cheaper products which can do the same thing. It smells sooo nice!

Popular Treatments (Face)