April 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by chikorita23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is misleading a lot of people.

First, Estee Lauder claim it could minimizing skin-pores. Well, it doesn't shrink your pores, its more like a pore filler, you wear it during the day time under your moisturizer or foundation! It will make sense if they promote this product as a makeup "Primer" instead of "Serum or Skin Refinisher", Your pores will NOT reduce after you wash your face at night time. If you have large skin pores, the real solution is to do clinical treatments. Department store cosmetics won't noticeably help out much. *I guess I was hoping for a cheap miracle!*

If you have dry skin, I'd suggest you to totally stay away from this product, the ingredient aren't good for drier skin. If you want to use it as make-up primer, this will make your foundation look very dry. When I first use this product, it was spring-summer time, but I already noticed the drying effect and eventually broke out my skin.

For people who expect a "Permanent" Pore Reducing result you would be disappoint it. Don't waste money on it unless you have combination/oily skin and want to use it as a make-up primer! EL make wonderful Advance Night Repair serum, and I'm always recommend it to my friends and sibling. But for this Idealist serum, sadly, I will not recommend or repurchase!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It did make my skin matte and soft but I definitely wouldn't buy this again. I have found better, cheaper products which can do the same thing. It smells sooo nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by drgnfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has become an HG product for me!!! I have been having problems with foundation sinking into my pores, mostly around the nose & cheeknbone area so I have been trying different primers & foundations of all price ranges and then and MUA at an Estee Lauder counter suggested I try this product. OMG!!! This product is AMAZING! Now all my foundations look great and give me an airbrushed looked and my skin glows. It glides on and leaves my skin silky and smooth. It absorbs quickly and the pump is super easy to control (although I usually use one full pump anyway). I use it right before my moisturizer and after any serums I'm using. I LOVE this product and don't ever want to be without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by sooopure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have a really big large pores problem for years. and my skin is very very sensitive, i have kind of rednesses espacially on my cheeks. i mean, i had. i've tried a million different products, also medicines,pills which are very effective. but nothing gave me a noticable change on my face, except this one. redness is almost gone, pores are getting smaller. many years later, i can just put some powder on my face and go out, without any foundation. my skin is oily so after that i dont use a moisturiser, it already makes my skin so soft and smooth.
yes, it is expensive but ask your seller to give some testers. there are 7 ml. tester of it and the woman who sold me that product, gave 2 testers, i paid for 30 ml. and also take 14 ml. for free. i will absolutely use another skin products from estee lauder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ashleey96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product however.. its far too expensive.
I got this as a sample & tbh its pretty awesome (bar the price).
I actually got this a couple of years back but hated it as first because I felt it didn't minimize my pores. After recently reading reviews on how to apply it, I tried it again and it worked fab! The trick is not to wear it alone, but to wear it underneath moisturiser and/or foundation (as many reviewers have already said)
+Definately made my pores look smaller (first time ever) & there was certainly a reduction in my oily skin (again, first time ever)
- Price is ridiculous though, so won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was 1st recommended to me when I was 19 and I've recently re-discovered it. I don't have enlarged pores but my skin tone can get a bit uneven and I get small pimples if I don't use right products.

I've started using Idealist about 1 months ago. I helped to me to get rid of the breakout and make my skin more even. I use it after cleasing (and sometimes toning) but before moisturiser. My skin feels instanly velvety smooth to touch. ATM I'm using it with Hydrationist moisturiser and they work really well with each other.

It can be quite pricey in retail stores(it around $99 for 30 ml in Australia) but I manages to pick it up from major online cosmetics store for $46.50. It is going to last me for a while and you only need a small amount. So at the end of the day its not a huge price to pay for a beautiful skin

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

I've got half full bottle in my fridge and haven't used it for a while now. Why? Because pure aloe vera juice keeps my pores invisible (while having other notable benefits), Guerlain's Midnight Secret makes me look like I sleep 100 years a night and La Prairie's line filler works wonders as a primer. Maybe the Idealist is the right product for some of you but I really can do without it. PS: This site says the night repair "version" has been discontinued. Since I can still get it here in Europe, I'll buy that one instead and shove it into the fridge for when I'm out of the MS. It will be interesting to compare the two.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by enotkatya1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely 0 result. AND So expensive!!! Will not buy again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by LHaley

I use this product as a primer during the day and part of my nightly skin care routine. First off, the smell is phenomenal! I really love it, it's light and fresh and seems to tone down some of that "cakey" smell most make-up products have. During the day I put HALF a pump on after my moisturizer, I make sure to let my moisturizer soak in for a good 5 minutes before doing this. Otherwise I feel like it is just too much product. At night I use this as directed on the bottle and have found a considerable difference in the size of my pores in my T-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by cathyalexis

Bought this around a year ago....kept using it for 6 months and nothing really changed. I have oily skin with some minor acne so I was counting on the gentle exfoliation claim but honestly my regular exfoliator works just fine on its own. Also didn't notice any difference in my pore size although my pores and not huge in the first place but not tiny either.
I applied it first, then used moisturiser for combination skin and then my foundation (YSL foundation long lasting matte).I always made sure the products have time to sink in before applying the next one. Here comes the worst part- it actually made my foundation flake off my face unless applied very very painstainkingly and carefully.
Half of it is staying on my sink probably never to be used again. Waste if money.