Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher

3.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Acetyl Glucosamine, Sodium Lactobionate, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Yeast Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Fruit Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender), Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Caffeine, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Coriandrum Sativum (Coriander), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit California), Cholesterol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Squalane, Polyethylene, Isopentyldiol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 20, Pantethine, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Polysorbate 80, Peg-8, Ethyl 2,2-Dimethylhydrocinnamal, Phospholipids, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Sodium Glycyrrhetinate, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Limonene, Linalool, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had a sample of this hanging around for a while. After reading reviews, I decided to try this under E.L. Country Mist foundation this morning. It's a little hard to get the product out of the small sample-size bottle. I eventually took the end of a floss pick to get some product out. It took a very small amount to smooth over my T-zone and I used just a dab on the sides of my nose, toward the apples of cheeks where my pores are slightly visible. This went on like a serum or primer, with no scent that I could tell. It felt like liquid silk going on. I let the product set a few minutes before applying the liquid foundation. The foundation applied very smoothly but the formulation is incredibly smooth and dewy anyway. I used a small amount of powder applied with a brush to set my makeup. I'll have to see how my foundation wears throughout the day as it sounds like most people use this as a primer. After being at work about three hours, my face looks flawless as far as pores as concerned. I'd like to buy this--hopefully I can find it at the Cosmetic Outlet as I can't afford to pay full price at this time.

on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 PM

It works as a primer but it doesn't really shrink your pores or anything. It makes your skin look more even and the pores appear smaller. That's all...I love the little glass bottle with the pump but the whole product is just not worth the high price.

on 2/26/2011 12:09:00 PM

I now use this as a makeup primer. Three of the 4 main ingredients are silicones, which most primers are made of - Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, & Polysilicone (first ingredient is water). It works really well as a primer. It makes concealer and foundation application smoother and helps prevent makeup from sinking into pores.

When I previously used this as a serum under my morning face cream, I did not see it help diminish pore size. However, it was hydrating and brightening.

Cost wise, the larger bottle costs $77.50 for 1.7 oz. Lancome's La Base Pro Primer is $42 for 0.85 oz ($84 for 1.7oz) and contains Cyclopentasiloxane & Dimethicone as main ingredients. I realize that they are sister companies but you get more for your money with the Pore perfector and it also has other benefits to your skin than just being a primer. One pump covers most of my face and the bottle lasts me about 10 months.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is great. I bought it after trying a sample. The stuff was amazing I just tried cuz I had a sample I never even heard of before then. My skin felt so amazing after using it that I had to run out and buy a bottle when my sample ran out. I felt like I needed it in my life and now I feel like I couldn't live without it. I don't have big pores to begin with so I don't know if that work, but my skin is soo amazigly soft after I use it and I need less moisturizer after I use it. It also has bee calming down the redness in my cheeks (which is nothing crazy). It smells really refreshing and energizing so its nice to put on a freshly cleansed face first thing in the morning

on 2/21/2011 4:28:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two weeks in conjunction with other Estee Lauder facial regimen products and I have to say that my pores are definitely smaller and less noticeable. I have HUGE pores and this has changed their size dramatically. I was also so self-conscious about my pore size and now I feel better about my face. This is NOT a moisturizer, this is NOT a primer, and this is NOT a makeup remover. It is a pore minimizing skin refinisher, and that is what this product does. You can only expect the product to be capable of doing what is advertised on the packaging. You still need to cleanse, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin honeys. Great product, I see results, and recommend it if you have normal/combination skin. I paid $80 for my 1.7 OZ. bottle and don't have any expectations for the product to do anything other than what it was advertised to do.

on 2/21/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product is misleading a lot of people.

First, Estee Lauder claim it could minimizing skin-pores. Well, it doesn't shrink your pores, its more like a pore filler, you wear it during the day time under your moisturizer or foundation! It will make sense if they promote this product as a makeup "Primer" instead of "Serum or Skin Refinisher", Your pores will NOT reduce after you wash your face at night time. If you have large skin pores, the real solution is to do clinical treatments. Department store cosmetics won't noticeably help out much. *I guess I was hoping for a cheap miracle!*

If you have dry skin, I'd suggest you to totally stay away from this product, the ingredient aren't good for drier skin. If you want to use it as make-up primer, this will make your foundation look very dry. When I first use this product, it was spring-summer time, but I already noticed the drying effect and eventually broke out my skin.

For people who expect a "Permanent" Pore Reducing result you would be disappoint it. Don't waste money on it unless you have combination/oily skin and want to use it as a make-up primer! EL make wonderful Advance Night Repair serum, and I'm always recommend it to my friends and sibling. But for this Idealist serum, sadly, I will not recommend or repurchase!

on 2/19/2011 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It did make my skin matte and soft but I definitely wouldn't buy this again. I have found better, cheaper products which can do the same thing. It smells sooo nice!

on 2/14/2011 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This has become an HG product for me!!! I have been having problems with foundation sinking into my pores, mostly around the nose & cheeknbone area so I have been trying different primers & foundations of all price ranges and then and MUA at an Estee Lauder counter suggested I try this product. OMG!!! This product is AMAZING! Now all my foundations look great and give me an airbrushed looked and my skin glows. It glides on and leaves my skin silky and smooth. It absorbs quickly and the pump is super easy to control (although I usually use one full pump anyway). I use it right before my moisturizer and after any serums I'm using. I LOVE this product and don't ever want to be without it!

on 2/13/2011 11:30:00 AM

i have a really big large pores problem for years. and my skin is very very sensitive, i have kind of rednesses espacially on my cheeks. i mean, i had. i've tried a million different products, also medicines,pills which are very effective. but nothing gave me a noticable change on my face, except this one. redness is almost gone, pores are getting smaller. many years later, i can just put some powder on my face and go out, without any foundation. my skin is oily so after that i dont use a moisturiser, it already makes my skin so soft and smooth.
yes, it is expensive but ask your seller to give some testers. there are 7 ml. tester of it and the woman who sold me that product, gave 2 testers, i paid for 30 ml. and also take 14 ml. for free. i will absolutely use another skin products from estee lauder.

on 2/10/2011 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this product however.. its far too expensive.
I got this as a sample & tbh its pretty awesome (bar the price).
I actually got this a couple of years back but hated it as first because I felt it didn't minimize my pores. After recently reading reviews on how to apply it, I tried it again and it worked fab! The trick is not to wear it alone, but to wear it underneath moisturiser and/or foundation (as many reviewers have already said)
+Definately made my pores look smaller (first time ever) & there was certainly a reduction in my oily skin (again, first time ever)
- Price is ridiculous though, so won't be repurchasing.

Popular Treatments (Face)