Mavala Double-Lash

Aqua, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Xanthan Gum, Lactococcus Ferment, Glycosaminoglycans, Pronline, Riboflavin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hexamidine Diisethionate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1, 3-Diol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have short, straight asian eye lashes and I bought this product to see if I could change the length and thickness of my lashes.

Before using this product, my lashes were.. let's just say, 0.7cm?!
After using this product for 2 weeks, my lashes grew to 1cm! I can definitely see an improvement with the length as well as the thickness.
Also, my lower lashes grew to 0.7 to 0.8cm!

When I used my favourite mascara on my 'new' lashes, I almost looked like a doll because my lashes were so long!

I'm only giving it 4 lippies because I'm trying to use this for a month. I'll review this again when I accomplish that.

Overall, a very good product and I'd be glad to buy this again :D!

on 6/6/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

i got my mavala double lash in the mail last week and i have been using it for a week now, i apply both at night and in the morning. i agree about the brush that it's very hard and feel like it almost not grabbing on to any of the product in the bottle. however i took my time applying it on to my lashes and apply the product as close to the base of my lashes as possible so i can get the product to coat on the base of my lashes since that should be where the product should absorb into to help nourish and grow my lashes =) (i think lol)

i can say so far it worked!!!!! my lower lashed are bit longer i can visibly see the different, my upper lashes gained a bit of volume and lashes are very soft. i am very happy to see this small improvement within just one week. i am patient and cant wait to see the result after this.........will post an update soon xox

on 6/4/2009 3:19:00 AM

I snapped out of my "I'm too busy to bother with my appearance" mood that I had been on for the last 10 years. I now felt that I wanted longer eyelashes so I went on a quest to find them. Based on the reviews on MUA, I bought the Mavala Double Lash. I paid $15cdn for the bottle. I bought this because it was readily available at my local London Drugs and I didn't want to wait for something to be shipped.

Its kind of an awkward application because you put it on like a mascara. The brush is a bit stiff and it didn't apply too well. I gave it a 3wk trial but I didn't see any improvement (no lenghtening, no thickening). I decided to use a liner brush to apply it rather than the spoolie. Shortly after I bought this, I bought the 3pk of the Ardell Lash and Brow Growth Accelerator on ebay for $9.99 thinking that if this worked, maybe I can maintain the length with something cheaper. 3wks in and I saw no improvements. The Ardell came in the mail about 3wks in to my trial so I stopped the Mavala because there had been no improvement. I was not a regular mascara wearer so I wasn't trying to cure make-up damaged eyelashes. I was just trying to defeat genetically short asian eyelashes. They were so short that I never thought mascara would make that much of an impact and it took more effort that what I wanted to put forth in the morning. I was also trying to fix the lack of eyebrows from my tweezer-happy youth when I thought thin eyebrows looked good(?). Nothing on that effort either. The Ardell product I used after did show results. I had some growth on my eyebrows where it was bald. I had a bit of curl on my outer lashes where it didn't exist before.

I've now been reading about Folligen cream on eyelashes and bald spots on brows. I bought a bottle ($18usd) and I'm going to see how that works...

on 5/15/2009 6:59:00 AM

I love this stuff!!! I applied it (almost) every night and some mornings for 4 weeks and it works. I'm not sure about thickening lashes but my top and bottom lashes are so much longer. I have also noticed a lot more individual hairs growing.I actually had to stop using it on my bottom lashes because I think they are getting too long (they now measure 6mm). My sister and Mum are using it now too after seeing my results. For the price I would recommend this product is worth a try. Just make sure you try to apply it everyday :)

i used this product last year for a few months, and as the other reviewers noticed, it's more of a lash conditioning product.

as for the growth, i think it's more of a placebo effect. i noticed my bottom lashes were fuller, but nothing astonishing.

there was no eye irritation in my case, but i don't think i'll be repurchasing anytime soon.

on 3/2/2009 7:14:00 AM

Although I think Mavala needs to introduce a new and more hygienic packaging to this product, it is a great one to revive your eyelashes after mascara abuse. I started using Double Lash 5-6 years ago when the Lancome mascara I was using at the time destroyed my long, thick healthy lashes. I applied it religiously every night. In 2 days the lash loss stopped, in 3 weeks the lashes were growing back. In about 6 weeks, I had full long lashes. I use this occasionally to strengthen my lashes. There is also a tiny bald patch on my right under-eye that I've never been able to remove, new lashes spring out whenever I start using DL. It does not irritate my eyes or blur my contact lenses like Talika does the next morning and starts working much faster.

on 2/3/2009 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I heard about this product from PurseBuzz. She couldn't stop raving about it so I decided to try it. I have thin and short asian lashes. This product does wonders on my eyelashes. The product is packaged like a nail polish but instead of a brush it has a mascara wand applicator. When you open it, you have to apply the product like how you'd apply a regular mascara. The consistancy is really thin and dries really fast. It doesn't irritate my eyes. At first, I have been using it every day for 2 weeks. Now I use it every other day or 2-3 times a week. It doesn't give dramatic results but I think it helps keep my eyelashes healthy from daily use of mascara. Kinda of like a conditioner for ur lashes. I seen noticable growth on my bottom lashes. My top, not so much but It did make it look fuller. I also like to use this on my brows. I also have thin hair there. It helps some.

on 1/30/2009 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because I wanted natural lush lashes, not those irritating fake lashes that poke out my eyes.

PROS: (1) added some thickness but mainly length to my lashes. (2) Restored my lashes from mascara abuse! (3) Made my lashes feel super soft again. (4) Worked to fill in gaps in my eyebrows that had not grown back in 6 months, yay!

CONS: (1) As much as I like the benefits of this product, it causes too much irritation to my eyes. I was able to use this for 3 weeks before partially giving up (now I use it every 2nd to 3rd night to minimize irritation). I also had to buy eye drops because my eyes would feel so dry and swollen the following morning. Now that I have reduced use, the swelling has gone away and my eyes just feel a tiny bit irritated.

On the bright side, I can use this on my eye brows with out any qualms. However, this is not ideal for sensitive eyes. This is not to say the product does not work, it was lovely, provided that you buy it from a respectable retailer. If your eyes donít easily irritate, than I would definitely recommend it, otherwise, for those with sensitive eyes, approach with caution!

Happy Shopping!

on 1/27/2009 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i was interested in this after watching a youtube vid about eyelash growth products, the other products cost about £70 and theres noway id spend that just to make my eyelashes a tiny bit longer/thicker, so i went with the cheapest one (i bought it from ebay for about £2, with £4 P&P) before purchasing i read reviews on www.folica.com and on MUA, and alot of them said it worked so i bought it. ive been using it every single night for a month or more, and theres no difference APART FROM the other night atleast 10 eyelashes fell out!! i hadnt tugged at them or anything i jus wiped my eye with a makeup remover pad like i always have done for years, and i never ever have noticeable lost eyelashes before using this product, and now it seems i always have one on my cheek where its fell out. what the hell!
i thought it was ment to grow them not make them fall out!
im very disapointed as i thought this product sounded great from the reviews :(

on 1/17/2009 4:59:00 PM

I can't believe I never wrote a review on Mavala, as it was the first lash growth product I ever used in my quest for beautiful eyelashes. I used it religiously for a couple of months and....nothing. No added fullness, no lengthening, nada. It simply made my lashes hard and crunchy. Now that I have tried Ardell (which I don't care for) this stuff is on par with it, maybe even worse. I think I actually ended up throwing the remaining product away. Won't ever revisit this one.

Popular Lash Treatments