December 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - Rose Salve

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, this is glorified vaseline, but it does wonders for my lips. During the winter, this or straight vaseline are the only things that keep the corners of my lips from cracking. This comes in a really cute vintage style tin. I'm a sucker for vintage or vintage-styled products, so I love this. The salve itself is pale pink and has a lovely rose fragrance. It adds shine and a touch of pink tint. I personally find it highly moisturizing and protective, and it is by far one of my favorite lip balms. It also makes an awesome base for lipstick. I have several tins open all over the house & in my makeup bag, and at least 2 in backup stock unopened. This is my HG lip balm and I will never stop buying this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Candy123718

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice slave. My sister has it, and I use it for elbows and lips. I just used it my cuticles, and it leaves sort of a shiny, oily residue, but it goes away. Texture is slick, and the smell is sickly sweet, but that's okay. I LOVE the packaging! I really like how the label looks all old fashioned, looks like something out of the 1800's. And it's easy to open too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the product inside but hate the packaging. I've had this product for almost a year with mixed feelings every time i had to use it because I just have to fight each time to open the lid. Worst of all, in the past two months some how it got closed down pretty tight and maybe with the temperature change it made it impossible to open. Well tonight after all that time I finally got it open thanks to hubby who had to use one of his tools (a vice). Ridiculous!! In this day and age I don't understand why this packaging has not improved. Maybe it's for nostalgia reasons. Anyways, I won't be buying this one again because what's the point of having a great product that you can't even get at.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVVVVE this salve. I primarily just use it on my lips but the smell reminds me of summer and it leaves a pretty gloss while protecting my lips and softening them. This is the BEST product for your lips. My only minor complaint is that it can get messy, especially if it gets too warm then it tends to melt a bit and the packaging makes it difficult to use under those conditions. Make sure you keep it at room temperature and use it often!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 2:30:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I enjoy using the Rose Salve on my lips -- softens them, eliminating chapping and the rose scent is aromatherapeutic.

The ingredients in this formula aren't cutting edge, as it's an old, tried and true formula. The price is reasonable and a little of the product goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by EIGNA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this balm. Reminds me of Turkish Delight candies. It's creamy w/o being greasy or waxy. Provides a nice glossy finish. Very moisturizing. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I hate that it's in a jar packaging. I mean the tin is cute, but not practical as I have to dip my fingers in it to apply it to my lips. I would prefer it in a stick or tube packaging. I generally only use this at night or early in the morning so I can apply it after hand washing so as to keep it sanitary, and carry a tube of other balm in my mu bag. I will probably repurchase unless I can find a simillar product in a tube/stick form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I bought this to replace my Smiths Strawberry lipbalm, I totally was thinking that I bought the Smiths Rosebud Salve but apparently it was C.O Bigelow! I bought this at bath & body works since I think that is where I got my strawberry lipbalm...no it was Sephora. Anyways, I love this stuff! Really moisturizes my lips, has a soft and smooth texture and nice flavor. Love the scent too, its not your traditional rose smelling grandma scent but very subtle mixed with a vaseline kind of smell. I use this on my lips before going to bed everynight and will continue to stay on my nightstand.

Oh and to comment one review I saw about this product, petrolatum is regarded safe and has a hazard rating of 1 on ewg.org/cosmeticdatabase site. Look it up, its fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Tipetoes1218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product! I am taking accutane which is pretty infamous for extremely dry lips but with the help of this product they aren't dry at all. I have been using other lip products but none have worked as well as this one. I will continue to use this product until they no longer sell it and i would recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:47:00 AM More reviews by midnightblue1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome product! It's my favorite lipbalm besides Burt's Bee ( a little too minty). It gives me this natural not too shiney but healthy looking lips. It makes my lips super soft and luscious. Oh and you can also use it on different places that's dry besides your lips. One of the best lip balm of all time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lovejustinb246

just got this today. so far liking it accept the packaging is soo hard to take off