C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

4.3

Petrolatum, Lanolin oil, squalane, jojoba esters, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, cotton seed oil, octyldodecanol, bisabolol, red 20 lake (CI 73360).

on 12/28/2011 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is great! It moisturizes my lips wonderfully and leaves a nice shine on them. The smell is pleasant but not too over-powering. I personally like the packaging but I always make sure to only apply it with clean hands. I haven't used it in any other areas besides my lips, but I'm sure it'd be wonderful moisturizing other areas as well!

on 12/17/2011 8:01:00 PM

I love this stuff. I put it on my lips and cuticles at night, and use it on dry patches of skin on my hands. (I work in food service and dishwashing destroys my hands.) Everything is soothed, and not dry or chapped by morning. I would definitely recommend this!

on 12/12/2011 12:20:00 AM

This stuff is amazing. But the packaging is horrible. I couldnt get the top off and when I finally did my finger slipped into the rose salve and it wasted soooo much product and it also got everywhere! But besides the packaging that i hate I love the product! It smells really good and comforting. It smooths on your lips and moisturizes so well. This and the C.O. Bigelow my favourite lip balm are amazing! I will use them forever!

on 11/12/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It is a good product. But only when your lips are cracked. If you lips are just chapped it doesnt really do anything but if they are cracked and it hurt it definatly works!! Ok packagng, it's hard to open sometimes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off. this is a wonderful product! it's a multipurpose product, its moisturizing and its easy to get a hold of! i use this for my elbows, knees, lips, and eyelashes. ( you should keep what you use for ur lashes seperate from the rest of your body. i put mine in a little container and im almost out!) you can even use it for cuticles! its super moisturizing. i really recommend this product for winter because it saves your lips and all the chapped areas. i have super dry lips and skin (except for my face idk why) and this works WONDERS. i just can not say anymore good things about this product! (: YES it is just like vaseline. but i find if you put a little bit of this it is not at all greasy but vaseline would be! the packaging isnt the best, my tin is all demented and dented. but i can still use it!
i will DEFINITELY be repurchasing, in fact i need to get some more now (:

on 9/4/2011 12:48:00 AM

i cant describe how much i despise this stuff. it smells horrible, the packaging is beyond idiotic, i almost always struggle to get the lid off, and it is simply overpriced vaseline. i bought this to use on my cuticles, it does nothing special. i will be throwing this away, never repurchasing and going back to lush's lemony flutter which is a far superior product.

on 9/2/2011 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Yes, this is glorified vaseline, but it does wonders for my lips. During the winter, this or straight vaseline are the only things that keep the corners of my lips from cracking. This comes in a really cute vintage style tin. I'm a sucker for vintage or vintage-styled products, so I love this. The salve itself is pale pink and has a lovely rose fragrance. It adds shine and a touch of pink tint. I personally find it highly moisturizing and protective, and it is by far one of my favorite lip balms. It also makes an awesome base for lipstick. I have several tins open all over the house & in my makeup bag, and at least 2 in backup stock unopened. This is my HG lip balm and I will never stop buying this.

on 8/21/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice slave. My sister has it, and I use it for elbows and lips. I just used it my cuticles, and it leaves sort of a shiny, oily residue, but it goes away. Texture is slick, and the smell is sickly sweet, but that's okay. I LOVE the packaging! I really like how the label looks all old fashioned, looks like something out of the 1800's. And it's easy to open too.

on 8/19/2011 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love the product inside but hate the packaging. I've had this product for almost a year with mixed feelings every time i had to use it because I just have to fight each time to open the lid. Worst of all, in the past two months some how it got closed down pretty tight and maybe with the temperature change it made it impossible to open. Well tonight after all that time I finally got it open thanks to hubby who had to use one of his tools (a vice). Ridiculous!! In this day and age I don't understand why this packaging has not improved. Maybe it's for nostalgia reasons. Anyways, I won't be buying this one again because what's the point of having a great product that you can't even get at.

on 7/27/2011 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVVVVE this salve. I primarily just use it on my lips but the smell reminds me of summer and it leaves a pretty gloss while protecting my lips and softening them. This is the BEST product for your lips. My only minor complaint is that it can get messy, especially if it gets too warm then it tends to melt a bit and the packaging makes it difficult to use under those conditions. Make sure you keep it at room temperature and use it often!

Popular Lip Treatments