April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 6:35:00 PM More reviews by littlesunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE vanilla. And I LOVE this! Being CDN, I thought I'd hit the jack pot when I found Parfum De Couers Vanilla spray. I got this as a gift and this is way better. :) It is sweet and long lasting. No plasticky smell or mimicked vanilla scent. Just goodness! :) I hope I can get my hands on more! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 8:55:00 PM More reviews by BBCat

I really love this scent! It's soft and comforting. I agree that the initial spritz can smell a bit too alcohol-ish, but that quickly fades and a nice scent remains. I even like to spritz it on my bed sheets. Anyone else do this?

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2005 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cremebrulee71

Just like the lotion this stuff is way too sweet. I couldn't stand the scent. Yuck!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2005 3:10:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArtyst

I wore this splash back in high school (1999) and the scent was a wonderful vanilla, non-cloying scent. Now since it has been reformulated there is a high concentration of alcohol in it (even after a couple of mintues of drying time). I wanted to wear this scent again, so I even checked out some other V.S stores and found out they all smell this way now!
V.S, please change the formulation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 11:07:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very glamorous fragrance-true vanilla with some kind of smoky undertone. This splash usually lasts all day on me, and people always ask me about it-to me, it reminds me of sugar cookies. My favorite fragrance from Victoria's Secret Garden line, and also my staple fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2005 5:43:00 AM More reviews by luckygirl322

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm reviewing the regular body splash...not the 'silkening'.

Smells great, after the initial STRONG alchohol scent fades. Because of the high alcohol content, I find it somewhat drying, but I'm planning on keeping it in the fridge this summer and using it as a cooling mist after tanning. It should work great for that purpose, especially since alcohol has a cooling effect on the skin.

Lasting power is o.k., but not especially impressive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2005 9:57:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

The only reason I gave this a 4, and not a 5, is that the staying power leaves something to be desired - other than that, it is gorgeous! There's a sweet smokiness to it that I love in a vanilla. During VS' 6/$30 events is when I stock up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2005 10:21:00 PM More reviews by sheisontherun

On my skin, Vanilla Lace is a custard-like scent with slightly smoky undertones. I think it smells a bit like a nice vanilla incense. Since it contains a lot of alcohol the initial spray is harsh, but that dies down within a few minutes. A very common scent but certainly not a bad one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 1:05:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

I know this was a very popular scent, but I can't stand it. It is sickeningly sweet and artificial.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2005 1:59:00 AM More reviews by vanillasweet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This scent will always win compliments from people. When I showed up at my new job wearing this, everyone loved it, and it surprised me that no one there had ever heard of it before! Everyone knows Vanilla Lace! Anyway, 2 girls started wearing it after that. It's a great scent to wear everyday. Sweet and pretty.