Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace Silkening Body Splash

4.1

on 10/1/2005 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am SO glad I went out and bought this splash after reading all of the wonderful comments about it on MUA. I am in love with it. I wore B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar for a while when I was younger, but it's way too sugary and strong for me. I hated that. Vanilla Lace, however, is such a real scent. This is how vanilla should smell. DEFINITELY buy this if you are a fan of vanilla and love the smell of a real vanilla.

EDIT: Took off a lippie b/c the lasting power is rather dismal

I LOVE vanilla. And I LOVE this! Being CDN, I thought I'd hit the jack pot when I found Parfum De Couers Vanilla spray. I got this as a gift and this is way better. :) It is sweet and long lasting. No plasticky smell or mimicked vanilla scent. Just goodness! :) I hope I can get my hands on more! :)

on 9/18/2005 8:55:00 PM

I really love this scent! It's soft and comforting. I agree that the initial spritz can smell a bit too alcohol-ish, but that quickly fades and a nice scent remains. I even like to spritz it on my bed sheets. Anyone else do this?

Just like the lotion this stuff is way too sweet. I couldn't stand the scent. Yuck!!

on 7/11/2005 3:10:00 AM

I wore this splash back in high school (1999) and the scent was a wonderful vanilla, non-cloying scent. Now since it has been reformulated there is a high concentration of alcohol in it (even after a couple of mintues of drying time). I wanted to wear this scent again, so I even checked out some other V.S stores and found out they all smell this way now!
V.S, please change the formulation.

on 5/28/2005 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Very glamorous fragrance-true vanilla with some kind of smoky undertone. This splash usually lasts all day on me, and people always ask me about it-to me, it reminds me of sugar cookies. My favorite fragrance from Victoria's Secret Garden line, and also my staple fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm reviewing the regular body splash...not the 'silkening'.

Smells great, after the initial STRONG alchohol scent fades. Because of the high alcohol content, I find it somewhat drying, but I'm planning on keeping it in the fridge this summer and using it as a cooling mist after tanning. It should work great for that purpose, especially since alcohol has a cooling effect on the skin.

Lasting power is o.k., but not especially impressive.

on 5/7/2005 9:57:00 AM

The only reason I gave this a 4, and not a 5, is that the staying power leaves something to be desired - other than that, it is gorgeous! There's a sweet smokiness to it that I love in a vanilla. During VS' 6/$30 events is when I stock up.

on 4/29/2005 10:21:00 PM

On my skin, Vanilla Lace is a custard-like scent with slightly smoky undertones. I think it smells a bit like a nice vanilla incense. Since it contains a lot of alcohol the initial spray is harsh, but that dies down within a few minutes. A very common scent but certainly not a bad one.

on 2/16/2005 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I know this was a very popular scent, but I can't stand it. It is sickeningly sweet and artificial.

Popular Fragrances