Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

I'm a big fan of this scent. It's light and fresh, not overwhelming at all. I bought the small bottle, and I keep in in my purse so I can reapply whenever. I do wish the scent lasted longer. About halfway through the day I feel it starts to fade. Next time I purchase, I'll try the eau de parfum instead of just the spray fragrance.

on 1/4/2009 10:26:00 AM

I will continue to buy this again and again, as this happens to be one of my very favorites!! It has such a clean, feminine scent to it, but it's not heavy at all. 5 stars!!

I got this as a sample in Sephora on my last visit. This is a light and clean scent. This cologne also has staying power because I could still smell it at the end of my workday. I used the amazing grace 3 in 1 as a shower gel then I used some of the cologne. It is a very feminine scent it does not smell floral to me it is just a scent that makes you say ahhhhh!!!!! If you like the amazing grace products you will love the cologne.

on 12/26/2008 2:58:00 PM

I ordered a boxed set from QVC - the hosts and Philosophy reps always make this sound like the freaking second coming, so I finally bit because I was looking for a new scent as my favorite has been discontinued. The first moment I sprayed it my stomach did a flip. It is cloying and the worst sort of cotton candy kind of floral. I am 54, (which probably sounds like nursing home candidacy to some of you), but trust me, I think it's awful and wouldn't wear it again if you paid me -- and I'm talking paid me big money! It's awful. I think one reason it keeps getting referred to as "old lady" is because it smells like a cheap drug store version of "White Shoulders" which was uber popular among my mother and grandmother's generation. WS is sweetly floral and makes me have horrible flashbacks to being trapped in an overheated Cadillac wearing my winter coat, rolling and swaying our way to church -- I can get car sick just thinking about it. This stuff is even worse - cheap, harsh, and cloying. I totally do not get the whole "clean and fresh" descriptions; the dry down is a little "soapier" but it's still nothing I'd willingly wear. I guess my olfactory senses just don't track with those who find it clean smelling. So far, all my experiences with Philosophy have been all hype and no performance.

on 12/17/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I want to start off saying that I really like the scent BUT I hate that it doesnt last long...I need to re-spray it a few hours later....I might buy it again but I just wish that smell would stay longer.

on 12/15/2008 8:20:00 PM

I ordered this perfume set after watching it on QVC. The lady on QVC made it sound like it was a fresh and clean (non-floral) smelling perfume, but after smelling it for myself it defenitly had a floral smell to it. Im not one for floral scents so..i wasn't all that excited about it. But it's not a horrible perfume...i like to use it occasionally....but its just not my first choice.

on 12/13/2008 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

2 words: Toilet Water.

on 12/6/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the clean smell of this perfume, however, I get tired of it. I also think it is pricey. My bottle turned after about a year. I thought it should have lasted longer. I have put off replacing it because of the price. I might look for a smaller bottle.

on 12/4/2008 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like fresh, clean, light scents in general (my favourites are L'Eau par Kenzo & Inis Energy of the Sea) so I was really excited to try this on after I received a sample in a swap. Unfortunately this fragrance doesn't live up to the hype. Zero lasting power (thankfully) and the dry-down smells even worse, like a mufty old lady. Yuck. Maybe it's my body chemistry but I wouldn't recommend this fragrance to anyone looking for a nice, clean scent.

on 12/1/2008 10:42:00 AM

I have been using Amazing Grace for almost 2 years now. I love this scent of it. Its a very clean flowery smell. The biggest issue I have with this, is that the scent doesn't seem to last very long.

Popular Fragrances