Philosophy Amazing Grace cologne

3.7

on 2/11/2009 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Amazing Grace is lovely if you like clean, fresh, light, soapy scents. It has a light feminine musk scent w/ mild citrus base notes.
I have read reviews on The Q, Sephora and MUA that say the Spray Fragrance do not seem to have a good holding power. I would say the contrary, because the clothes in my laundry hamper and my coats always smell like a combo of Amazing or Pure Grace which are my signatures that I rotate as my mood dictates.
If you want to give it a try, check it out on QVC b/c of their return policy. For me, Philosophy did it right on Amazing Grace.

on 2/1/2009 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favorite scents. Very light and clean, not overwhelming.

on 1/29/2009 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about amazing grace. It seems from the description that it would be a great fragrance. I have heard people say that they wear this to work in hospitals because it is so inoffensive. On me, it has a sharpness to it that does not fade as it stays on my skin. Worth a try if you like out of the shower type scents, but this was not it for me.EDIT: I am increasing my rating from a 2 to a 4. I had a chance to smell this again and really like it. The first time I might have used the eau de parfum. This time I have the spray cologne, which is light and pretty. Doesn't last long, but worth it for a light scent. Sephora sells a half ounce spray to take with you if you need to refresh throughout the day. I would purchase again. EDIT 4/2011 I'm still wearing this, and it's become my favorite. I now think it lasts all day because I get complimented when I feel it has faded.

on 1/28/2009 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Love Love Love this perfume...I get compliments on it wherever I go...from total strangers...I DO agree however, that you have to spritz it throughout the day. I do it in the morning and once mid day...

I'm a big fan of this scent. It's light and fresh, not overwhelming at all. I bought the small bottle, and I keep in in my purse so I can reapply whenever. I do wish the scent lasted longer. About halfway through the day I feel it starts to fade. Next time I purchase, I'll try the eau de parfum instead of just the spray fragrance.

on 1/4/2009 10:26:00 AM

I will continue to buy this again and again, as this happens to be one of my very favorites!! It has such a clean, feminine scent to it, but it's not heavy at all. 5 stars!!

I got this as a sample in Sephora on my last visit. This is a light and clean scent. This cologne also has staying power because I could still smell it at the end of my workday. I used the amazing grace 3 in 1 as a shower gel then I used some of the cologne. It is a very feminine scent it does not smell floral to me it is just a scent that makes you say ahhhhh!!!!! If you like the amazing grace products you will love the cologne.

on 12/26/2008 2:58:00 PM

I ordered a boxed set from QVC - the hosts and Philosophy reps always make this sound like the freaking second coming, so I finally bit because I was looking for a new scent as my favorite has been discontinued. The first moment I sprayed it my stomach did a flip. It is cloying and the worst sort of cotton candy kind of floral. I am 54, (which probably sounds like nursing home candidacy to some of you), but trust me, I think it's awful and wouldn't wear it again if you paid me -- and I'm talking paid me big money! It's awful. I think one reason it keeps getting referred to as "old lady" is because it smells like a cheap drug store version of "White Shoulders" which was uber popular among my mother and grandmother's generation. WS is sweetly floral and makes me have horrible flashbacks to being trapped in an overheated Cadillac wearing my winter coat, rolling and swaying our way to church -- I can get car sick just thinking about it. This stuff is even worse - cheap, harsh, and cloying. I totally do not get the whole "clean and fresh" descriptions; the dry down is a little "soapier" but it's still nothing I'd willingly wear. I guess my olfactory senses just don't track with those who find it clean smelling. So far, all my experiences with Philosophy have been all hype and no performance.

on 12/17/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I want to start off saying that I really like the scent BUT I hate that it doesnt last long...I need to re-spray it a few hours later....I might buy it again but I just wish that smell would stay longer.

on 12/15/2008 8:20:00 PM

I ordered this perfume set after watching it on QVC. The lady on QVC made it sound like it was a fresh and clean (non-floral) smelling perfume, but after smelling it for myself it defenitly had a floral smell to it. Im not one for floral scents so..i wasn't all that excited about it. But it's not a horrible perfume...i like to use it occasionally....but its just not my first choice.

Popular Fragrances