April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Instant Nail Enhancer [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 12:39:00 PM More reviews by kmodesto

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never written a review before..but had to for nail enhancer b.c it is literally AWESOME! This is easy, cheap and works WONDERS!!! for my nails. I literally can't believe how strong and long this has made my nails which normally end up cracking when they start to grow. I have told everyone about it and my nails speak for themselves. The enhancer doesn't smell, dries in like 60 secs and is sooooo easy to apply.

RAVES!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by lizzielou742

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this stuff! I have the world's thinnest, weakest, grossest nails, and they never grow fast my fingertips. After 2 months of using this stuff, I HAVE NAILS!!! Words cannot express how that makes me feel. I actually have nails that don't peel, break, split or crack! It's amazing. Even right now, I don't actually have any of the Nail Enhancer on, and my nails are still strong. I can (and have) use a regular polish for a few weeks and my nails would be strong enough to handle it. My nails have actually gotten so long I've had to file them down shorter! NEVER IN MY LIFE has that happened before!

The Nail Enhancer is awesome. I have the pearl and I love how the color looks, but I'm a fan of light-colored nails anyway. I have no problems with it staying on. The only time it peels off is after I take a long, hot bath, and I usually use that opportunity to get it all off and start over (after a week or two it gets pretty thick). It dries in like 15 seconds, so you can (and I know!) apply it at a red light. This is great for me because I just keep it in my purse and whenever I see it, once a day, I put it on. No thinking or time required.

This is one of those products that has changed my life, honestly. It allows me to grow beautiful nails. LOVE IT!

EDIT: If you have trouble with too much of the product coming out at once, be sure you are squeezing the tube VERY LIGHTLY, and you really only need to squeeze it once to get it going. Also, you might have better luck holding the tube more horizontally while swiping your nails - holding it vertically can cause too much product to come out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2005 12:07:00 AM More reviews by hotchica104

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product was VERY disappointing. I was excited to buy it because nail polish without harsh chemicals sounded like an environmentally friendly deal. But the morning after I applied the enhancer, ALL of it peeled off in the shower. If you put your hands in water, the product will peel off and be gooey, like glue. Also, it's hard to get the tube to dispense the product after only one use. Please don't waste your money on this expensive product that doesn't work. You're much better off sticking with traditional polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by retailslave1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't notice any difference in how my nails looked but it's so nice to have a product that's quick trying and gives a little shine when you are in a hurry. It goes on smoothly for me every time and I never have a problem with it. I am very happy with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by claire5

As someone who can't stand the smell of polish on my hands, I find this a great alternative. I purchased the pearl first and found it a bit dull. On a trip to New York i bought up all the buff I could find and use it daily. i have never had it peel off or become gummy and I find the application really easy. I don't sqeeze the tube, I just shake the product down and apply. It works great on both hands and feet, giving both a polished finish in seconds. I will buy it again when my current seven tubes run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2005 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ctrjenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw this in the store the other day and I hate nail polish. So I thought, why not try this. I love it! It goes on smooth, and dries almost instantly. I hate to use nail polish because I have to remove it before I push my cuticles back. Too much hastle, but with this, I don't have any pre steps and my nails look great! It won't give you an all day shine...4 or 5 hours, tops. I've only started using it, so I don't know how much the vitamins and minerals will help, but I'm hoping it'll make my nails stronger.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by BethanyMurphy

This stuff is great- I have had no problems with getting the stuff out, my nails don't "gunk up" and it makes my nails look slightly shiny but like it says, more of a buffed nails look. I already have pretty healthy nails but I was looking for something low maintenance and this is it! Maybe the problem is that other folks have tried the "pearl" one, and I've been using the clear one. Maybe the pearl formula is not as good or the pearl element gunks it up. I love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2005 5:29:00 PM More reviews by beasyouare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this product - I hate the maintenence that regular nail polish requires so this seemed like it would be perfect for me. However, it kinda sucks. I got the Pearl Sheen and although putting it on was super easy and efficient, it lasted about 5 hours before it started looking drab, dull and peeling. Tried it a few more times with the same crappy result. Disappointed by what promised to be a great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2005 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this is the pearl sheen version and am on my second tube. The idea of this product is wonderful (honestly, it seems revolutionary to me, but I'm no nail expert!). I hate dealing with polishes, chipping, nail polish remover but leaving my nails completely bare always made them split, break, peel and look generally dull and unappealing. This stuff is so quick and easy and has helped my nails get stronger and look presentable without having to worry about application precision, color, chips, removal. The application is built-in with its own brush/bristles attached to a tube you squeeze slightly. The product itself is quite thin & liquid-y, not viscous or goopy like nail polish. It dries almost instantly and give your nails an ultra-natural look and feel with a light sheen. Indeed, I feel like my nails look "au natural" and can "breathe," yet they are actually protected, too! For such a thin layer of material, the protection is impressive. I tend to re-apply every 1-2 days and it just seems to fade enough on its own. If worse comes to worse, I will "start fresh" every 7-10 days by using nailpolish remover to get rid of any residue--but it's SO quick and easy to remove and doesn't bleed any color into the surrounding skin. My nails have really grown with this stuff, too, and they seem harder. My one complaint would be that sometimes the dispense of the product is a bit erratic--ie too little and then you squeeze and there's too much. But unlike regular nail polish, even if it goes on heavy, it's not a big deal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved this free from IN STYLE magazine. This is the worst nail polish I've ever used. It doesn't do much and the formula goes on uneven, is thin, and cheap. The formula dries up on the brush after just one use. It is also hard to make the polish come out. Im throwing this away.