October 31, 2014 | 909 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by babaysoot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got 2 shades of this, Rosy beige and Honey. Rosy Beige was a perfect match and I use it to set my foundation. My skin was glowing, not shiny. Honey was too dark and I only use it when I get tanned. I have pink undertones and would definitely recommend Rosy Beige as a wonderful match.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by barblekay

Oh my gosh! This powder is ONLY $1 , so cheap for such decent pressed powder!
But it works so well on me. I was so hesitant to buy it because I read a lot of reviews saying it's too Orangey for the skin. However, last time I went to Target, I grabbed it anyway and tried it the next day. I have to say I am NOT disappointed. For reference, I am NC30 and the color light beige is just PERFECT for my skin. It leaves my skin so matte and soft looking, quite natural in a way. I don't find it orange like other people said.
However, I don't personally think it does its job to "clarify". The powder does not do anything to my pimples as it's supposed to. All it does is to cover them up, that's it, not healing or clarifying.
Overall, if you're looking for a good coverage powder, go for this one. This is the 4th day I'm using it and I don't think it breaks me out ( my skin is extremely sensitive). It's soooo cheap too which is a great plus.
I'm so impressed with E.L.F products. They're awesome. If this powder did clarify my skin and if I could, I'd give it a 1000 stars and keep on purchasing it...probably forever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! yes it does have orange tone to it but it works extremely well with my tanned skin. I bought mine in light beige the packaging sucks but used with the right brush it blends in quite well. the powder itself is very soft and matte as well. It also has has blemish fighting qualities gotta love that! great product imo

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, one in ivory and one in tone 2. The tone two was at the store with a brush and it didn't say the color name on the package. It was the lightest one they had so I tried it. It is too dark to be a bronzer on me and makes me look very dirty. I'll find a use for it, but it has very little use for me at the moment.
The one is ivory is the lightest one they make and it is very very yellow undertoned. It looks like I covered my face in neon orange powder when I use this. It is also too dark for my pale skin tone. The powder is very crumbly and gets everywhere. This was a major dissapointment for me, but because it is so cheap, It's not a big loss.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by curlvaceouscutie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is actually pretty great coverage wise, for a buck it's def. worth that. insanely cheap packaging, not cute in the slightest, but hey. i got it in light beige today and wow- it's already flaked and broken. yeah, and the little sponge applicator kind of sucks.

granted, i LOVED THIS. the light beidge is kind of orangeish, but i have yellow undertones so it worked well on me and looks totally natural. I use my ELF complexion brush to sweep this everywhere and it looks pretty good. If you don't care about the packaging, you just want something that works and is cheap- BUY THIS. It's only a buck and covers and blends quite easily. i'm giving it 4 lippies because, yes, it is cheap packaging, but for a DOLLAR? You are SO getting your money's worth. I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2010 11:12:00 PM More reviews by XxOmgItsDaraxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love most of E.L.F. products but this is not one of them. It is chalky, chunky, and has the worse color. I have a tan skin tone and this powder made me look like an orange. Ew never again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by orchidally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The shade of this product that I purchased was light beige. I have yet to try it over my current foundation (Revlon Photoready), but I actually prefer this powder on its own over concealer. It gives me light to medium coverage, with a matte finish. I tend to prefer a more glowy, and dewy look, but I can see this as being a nice powder to set your makeup with.

The powder actually contains 1% salicylic acid, so it continues to help fight blemishes throughout the day, which is an added bonus.

I am not a fan of the compact, it is quite cheap, and the powder can really flake out unless you're careful. Also, the little pad applicator it comes with is way too intense for me, I just use a blending brush to apply it all over.

I would say that for $1 it is a decent product to try out and see if it works for you. My skin is on the dryer side, however, so I find that if I don't apply adequate moisturizer to my skin it will get a lot more oily during the day with this powder. So if you have dry skin, I'd recommend just using it to set your makeup with.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ghosty

Yucky uneven orange red shades and it changes color every time you sweep at it. It reminds me of BWC powder with it's unrealistic colors and bad texture. I threw this away fast. I like the elf studio nail polish remover pads but honestly this brand has a lot of junk products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ShebbysArtsyMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product, I bought this before and it works great, it doesn't cake, it's great for touch ups, and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It doesn't have any coverage so I use this over my liquid foundation. I have really oily and acne prone skin, so it's a plus that it have blemish fighting properties and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I don't like the packaging quality because it's a bit too small, but its great for purses, and the powder puff are easy to rip. I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got this in spice and i love it! i am once again shock with another elf product. gives me a nice matte look i don't wear much makeup so this is perfect. for me. sucks it comes with out a mirror but i brought thier compact that i really like and it a pretty color but is a keeper for me. my mom who hates makeup period even fell in love with this powder.