April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading reviews that it was translucent and would produce a MLBB effect, which is the impression the name "Almost Lipstick" gives. But that's not how I found it. On me, it's pretty opaque and seems heavily pigmented. I could get away with using it if I only swipe it lightly once across my lips, in which case it's not too dark (though still pretty dark), and only lasts five minutes. But if I put two coats on -- or even one and a bit -- the result is dark purple lips, which with my colouring looks harsh (though it might look good on others).

Also, it seems to make my lips drier. I'd have thought it would be moisturizing with castor seed oil as the main ingredient, so I was surprised when they started to feel dry with it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by VBaricelli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A friend of mine turned me on to Almost Lipstick in Black Honey a few years ago and I love it. It's not heavy feeling, leaves a fresh berry stain on your lips and doesn't look too fussy. It looks quite dark in the tube, but it's very sheer. I keep one in my car, one in my purse and one in my bathroom! I haven't ventured out into any of the new colors they've come out with in the Almost Lipstick line...but I might have to!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Sorry but i'm one of those who don't really like this. I'm 25 this year, NC15 with medium-plummy lips.

When applied, my lips look like a dark brownish red shade and it just makes me look OLD. :( Like a kid putting on her mum's red lipstick... just out of place... not flattering at all, my skin looks sallow.

A pity because I really wanted to love it after reading all the reviews here! However I do love the texture, very balmy and moisturising. The sheen is good too, lips look plump without being too glossy, which is the way i like my lips to be.

Maybe i'll try it in one of the other colours... when I swatched it at the counter i was actually doubtful that the colour would suit me, but i went ahead anyway because of the raving reviews for this colour and how it made EVERYONE's (except me) lips look MLBB.

Overall i still find it a good product but this colour is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by yolunia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So glad they brought this product back! I have super fair skin and with one light coat it brings some life and color to my face. My only qualm: I wish it had some SPF, that way I could ditch my pre-balm and use it all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by dgsgeh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have medium-dark skin with naturally purplish lips. This lippie simply emphasises the natural colour of my lips and evens out their colour. Very natural looking and nice texture. Great for people, who like me, are not comfortable with using a "proper" lipstick.

Will definitely buy again.

The only thing I don't like abt it is the packaging which seems a little lightweight to me... like as if it could be damaged easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am medium complected with red undertones and fairly pigmented lips. Black Honey is so subtle and nice on me. The silver case is classy and fun to pull out of my purse. I can apply it without a mirror! It is the perfect mlbb color on me (and obviously lots of others) but beware, not everyone can wear it. My bff, who is very pale complected with naturally light pink lips, put it on and it turned ORANGE on her. Lucky for her, Clinique lets you return.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I remember being really impressed by the color of the Black Honey potted lip gloss, but this wasn't quite the religious experience I was hoping for. Nice consistency and no intrusive fragrance if slightly more brown than the brownish-plummy-berry I remembered. It's still a very useful color; I'll probably repurchase.

Edited to add that I put this over a coat of Benetint and presto -- I got the exact effect I remember from the gloss. Result!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by outlandishlady

I'm late to the game with trying this, but I love it already. Natural look, smooth feel. I do wish it lasted a bit longer but it's super easy to tote and reapply. This is going to be my summer go-to color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sayshal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this "lipstick". Feels more like a lip balm, but the color is gorgeous on. My lips are naturally coral looking and the the black honey darkens and reddens them enough to make my lips really pop. I personally think this lipstick has pretty good staying power, about 2 hours? I also found the product to be moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

This should not be called a lipstick. It's really a balm cum gloss. It's a pretty colour but it doesn't have any staying power. And your hair keeps sticking to it. Plus in hot weather, it melts and breaks really easily. "Almost" lipstick is so right.