November 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just got this and have worn it just about every day since I got it! I love the colour with my skin tone (NW15). It looks very soft and natural. I don't find it builds for me the way it does for others; I kind of max out the pigment with a couple of coats and blotting would take a lot of it off anyhow. The only drawback is the frequent need to reapply, which as a wearer of mainly opaque matte red lipstick, is a bit foreign to me. It's not enough to stop me from preferring it to every other pink lipstick I own and I think to get the look you do from this, a sheer tinted lipstick is the only way to achieve it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have pale, dry, sensitive lips, and Black Honey is the way to make them feel AND look good.
Ive read about it for years and couldn't try it because it wasn't sold where I live. Then by the time it finally arrived I'd forgotten about it. Finally got hold of one on a trip to NYC. I loved it so much I wore it for almost 2 weeks straight and went back to get a backup before I left. Its moist but not glossy, visible but not overly-dramatic. The perfect low-maintenance everyday lippie when you want to have lush, stained lips!
Im most impressed by how it NEVER goes on patchy and uneven looking, unlike many other dark, sheer lipsticks. It's just too bad this doesn't come in a bigger tube, since you can go through it so quickly.
----------------
Tip: I like to apply one light coat all over and then a little more right in the center of my top and bottom lips for a juicy stained look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by froggygrow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've had several tubes of this. It seems to go quickly because of its emollient quality. What can I say that hasn't already been said about this one? It's a subtle shade that is universally flattering. The only drawback is you have to reapply frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked this alright. I am very pale, NW15ish with full pigmented lips. This really didn't change the color of my lips all that much at all - so if you are worried it will be too dramatic, don't. even if you have pale lips this is a safe bet. So anyway I was a little disappointed, I love the mid-deep berry/plums. That said, it was pretty, and the texture did feel just like a balm, so. It isn't bad, just nothing to write home about. Oh, also, the cap ALWAYS falls off in my bag/basket. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's very sheer and cool, I wear it every day, lik ea tinted lip balm, it has great colour. This is my HG quialty lilogloss, It's shint, the weard thing is the staying power is very poor, it wears off when I eat and drink, but I always reapply, i can build up the colour and make it darkmk berry or a subtle hint of colour. It's skinda liek abrely ther emakeup, I have this in a lighter oclour too Chic honey. Black Honey is very overrated and I love it, trhis is my favorite clinique product, as therse new flavors of the old discontunued Almost Lipsticks, cam back again, black honey never faded, but colours are back, in stock

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Giannatherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Its a make up must have for me. sleek design, beautiful color, good staying power. its very flattering and makes me feel beautiful! it just dries my lips a little bit after a while so i put some lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by jameelaxx

My mom surprised me with this product the other day and the name struck a bell, For some reason, I knew this was a cult favorite for makeup lovers and I was beyond thrilled to get my hands on it. When looking at the tube, you are shocked and think, "Hell no, I can not pull this off." Thank God the product is incredibly sheer and totally buildable! I would even say it is a "your lips but better" kind of product which wins for me. It's a great buy! The formulation is also incredible on your lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by fauxfur

I'm very much a plain old chapstick kind of girl, but I'd heard about Black Honey and figured I'd give it go. Since I bought it a few months ago it's become one of my standard beauty products.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

This dried out my lips so severly. Loved the tint it gave, but such a horrible performance. Not recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One swipe of this lipstick is the perfect MLBB shade. I layer this over a little lip balm for a perfect moist finish. You can also add extra layers of this product for a more dramatic look if you so desire.

I carry a tube of this with me all the time. I keep a tube in the bathroom. I also keep a third tube on hand just in case. I never want to be without this. My HG lipstick.

Edit: Horrors of horrors, this lipcolor is not as perfect as I thought. I recently became a redhead and found that the Black Honey looks funny with my hair. It's just a little off. If only it were a little bit warmer, it would be perfect. Very Sad! I took off two lippies because this lipcolor is suppose to work on everyone.