October 24, 2014 | 1867 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Garden Tomato Complexion Soap ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

not a fan. i just dont like the bar soap concept BUT if you are stuck on using bar soaps then use this one..

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2005 11:01:00 AM More reviews by courty

i absolutely HATED this soap. it was totally abraisive and drying on my skin, and i woke up after the first night of using it with a puffy red face. i thought it was supposed to be really mild and gentle (i guess just because its natural), but it sure wasn't on me. i'd recommend doing a test patch before using!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2005 10:13:00 PM More reviews by marathon_0316

I love Burt's foot products and liked the idea of using all-natural products but the face skin care line is awful. This is truly a horrible product, and it made me break out in a rash with large red bumps that went away rapidly after I finished using the product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lovefragrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Garden Tomato soap is a nice soap for all skin types. Some reviewers say it didn't clear up their acne but I don't think it claims too and is as some stated to mild for that. It is a great all around cleanser but is probably not the best for serious acne. One reviewer said it bothered her sensitive skin but I have VERY sensitive skin and noticed not trouble. I haven't used it for long so can't tell how much skin improvement but I like it so far.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lilkiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap was doing well for a little while. My problem prone skin looked like it was doing alright, and I was happy it was organic. I guess I need to stay with acne lines because I had clogged pores all over the place. If you get mild or worse acne, stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2005 5:41:00 AM More reviews by lina44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

eeek. didnt really help my skin much or oil @ all. *tear* . after i washed it off my skin felt like there was some residue left over and a bit tight like i washed my face w/ any ol body soap. would not repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2005 10:01:00 AM More reviews by beedah

this soap reversed all the improvement my skin was making last summer. i hadn't realized how sensitive my skin was until using it. the tomato extract in it is just too acidic. not for sensitive skin at all. my skin is very oily too. it didn't do anything to stop that. i just had oily skin, with itchy tiny little bumps everywhere. wasted money. so many people love burt's, but i'm never impressed...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by cocobunny

I remember when I first bought this soap and I was carrying it around with me in the store. Yecchh! I hated the smell at first, but I have grown to love it. This soap leaves my skin so clean and is perfect for the summer months, but not the winter months. This has evened out my complexion and leaves my face radiant and very happy indeed. Whenever I stray from this, I notice my skin begins to act up again. I never breakout when I use this stuff... I mean NEVER. Sure, it's expensive, but it's well worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 10:57:00 AM More reviews by MisseKast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it Love it Love it!!! A little expensive but you can get it cheaper at places like Wegmans and Online. I have extremely sensitive skin and this doesn't bother it one bit, however I wouldn't use it in the winter cause it would be a bit too harsh but for spring/summer skincare it works perfectly! Plus your not hurting your skin with uneeded chemicals. Thanks Burt!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this soap for about 2 weeks now and I think it is safe to say that this soap is pretty good. First of all this soap is for oily and troubled skin. So if you have sensitive and dry skin, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like it. Also if you have oily and sensitive skin, you may not like it because tomato is very acidic believe it or not, and may irritate your skin. Having said that, let me continue with this review.

I have been using this soap twice a day for two weeks. In my experience, I have not experience any excessive dryness or tightness. But keep in mind that the weather is warming up and my skin tends to get oilier during warmer months.

By no means am I toting this soap as the miracle product that cures acne or effective treatment of acne. Due to my experience, this helps cleanse my skin and it does have a mild exfoliating effect to help lighten some of the acne scars I have and decrease the size of the zit.

The down side is the price. I think eight bucks is too much to be spending on a soap but then again I am cheap as heck. Honestly this isn't the must have product to have in your bathroom, but if you are into organic skincare, this is a nice soap to try out.

About my skin:
    Very oily and acne prone. Somewhat sensitive to certain ingredients, I haven't narrowed it down yet.