December 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by boredtotears1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Review for the UK version

Obviously we have all read the Creme de la Mer comparison in the daily mail ! :)
That's the reason I bought a little pot - at £2 you cant go wrong really.
I use it occasionally especially in winter when the skin is drier.
I cant say I've used it long enough to compare with CDLM (also I've never tried that particular product) but here are the good uses I found for it

* Hands - leaves hands very greasy afterwards - definitely don't pick up a newspaper after applying this!! It does moisturise well though & good for rubbing into sore , dry cuticles.
* Face - I daren't use it around my jaw line as that area is prone to blocking up & getting angry pimples if I use anything too greasy.
* Eye area - I do use it to dab on a bit of extra moisture around my eyes during the day at work - I'm paranoid about wrinkles now I'm in my 40's so believe a little bit of extra moisture is a good thing. Used sparingly it acts as a kind of moisturising "highlighter" (largely because of the greasy oil slick it leaves behind is very shiny!)
* Inner corners of eyes / eyelids - I've read about this causing milia so Im cautious of using too much, but recently I've noticed a hideous "crepey " texture to my eyelids. I dabbed a little Nivea on for a few nights & it does seem to be a bit better... jury's out on that one though..
* Feet - slather this over your feet , put socks on then go to bed. You'll wake up with babysoft tootsies!
* Elbows - perfect for dry & itchy elbows after sitting in an air conditioned office all day
* Lips - acts as a good lip balm/ moisturiser - as good as vaseline
* Legs - good post shave moisturiser , but as above , be wary of the shine factor! Probably best to apply after an evening /pre bedtime shave , not during the day - unless you want to dazzle everyone with your plastic looking legs!

All in all its a great all rounder & for the price you can afford to slap it on wherever you like! A bit like WD40 for the skin! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by NaughtyChantie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nivea has been around forever and its just tried and true a decent product, nothing special. t is, indeed, thick and creamy - and on me a bit greasy feeling even though other people swear it's not. Good for elbows and knees. Even better during winter when it gets really dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jessstad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's a big difference between the stuff they sell in the US and what they sell in Europe. The US stuff is basically your standard lotion, don't bother. The European stuff is much thicker, and to me you can tell it's designed for a place with cold, harsh winters... This is for people with serious dryness to treat. I have extremely dry skin and this is one of the only things that can soothe it for long. To me it's not that strongly perfumed, and it's not an offensive scent at all. Kind of clean, like a laundry detergent. It's cheap and it works. And I like the traditional tin - I find it easier to pack and there's less risk of it getting squashed/exploding everywhere like there would be with a plastic bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have only used the German version, no idea about other.

I use it for lips, generally have lips and around mouth area that cracks very easily, and nivea works very well for it. I can use also yves rocher lip balms, but still need nivea at least to put from time to time for extra hydration.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by arcss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the european version of this magic creme. I've used this since i was a child maybe that's why i don't have negative reactions to nivea creme. I use this on my hand eczema and it almost heals it. It's my undereye moisturizer believe it or not. I dab it on at night and in the morning it's moist and soft. I have used undereye creams but they either puff my eyes or don't do nothing ( or make it worse). Yes i've tried expensive stuff, nothing beats this, but again i tend to puff with almost everything. Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I wash my hands constantly, I guess this is a habit I picked up from my days in nursing school and it stuck with me, even though I am not a nurse! The winter months are the worse since my hands get very dry and chapped and my cuticles crack and bleed. I bought a huge jar of this cream to keep on my night stand to use on my feet before bed, since this keeps those dreaded cracked heels at bay. I have noticed that with nightly use it has made a big difference on my hands this winter. The smell is delightful and brings back memories of when I first discovered Nivea products 30 years ago and they used to make an after-sun moisturizer that was my HG to keep my tanned summer skin glistening and dewy.

I do have to remember to keep my hands off my face at night when I use this, as this cream is way to heavy for use on my face and makes me a grease ball. I have noticed that it doesn't absorb well when applied to my legs, I guess the heaviness of the product is better used on areas with thicker skin (hands and heels) where a lot of rubbing can be tolerated. I also keep a small jar in my purse and apply to my cuticles throughout the day to keep them moist and supple.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Cnk1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't absorb into my skin too thick hard to rub in

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily skin, but in the winter my hands often dry out, so I only use it for my hands.
I always have this Nivea cream lying around, my grandma gives it to me. But I don't like it. The tin packaging is crap. The formula is very thick, my hands don't really absorb it. And it doesn't do much to help the dryness.
All in all, it does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by CupcakesAndUnicorns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the original German version, not the one that is made in Mexico.

The actual cream is thick. Like, super thick. This makes it quite difficult to rub in, but I find that warming it up in my hands first helps it go on more smoothly. I also make sure my face is 100% free of water when I put it on, or else the oils in the cream mix with the water and create this 'slick' that just kind of sits there.
As for the scent, I'm really into it. It's kind of citrusy-powdery, which I think is delicious and comforting. It's quite strong though, so if you're sensitive to fragrances in your products this would probably annoy you.
I buy the 100ml tube because it's easier to carry around and more hygienic than the tubs, but I'm not sure if it's available in tubes in all countries. One tube lasts me about 2 months.

At night, I wash my face and then apply 5% benzyl peroxide to ward off any evil blemishes which may be lurking. Once the BP has soaked in completely (I usually give it 15 minutes or so) I literally slather my face and neck in the cream and go to bed with this 'mask' on. By the time I get up in the morning, it's all sunk in and my face is soft and dewy.

Most mornings I just rinse my face with hot water, apply sunscreen and some vanishing cream (only on my oily bits) and nothing else. However, when I wear makeup, I mix in a little of the cream with my foundation and apply it with a stippling brush. This gives the most beautiful look to my skin after I set with powder - My face is matte, but somehow still glowy and pretty. The best part is that my foundation never looks cakey, even after powdering multiple times throughout the day.

I never thought such a thick, fragranced product would work for me, but my face just eats it up with relish. Fabulous, amazing stuff.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by skinsthatcare

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Some of my friends mums use this cream and I used to use it when I was a teenager.I recently repurchased as the skin on my hands was drying out from excessive washing up and this was the only moisturizer they had in the pharmacy.

What I like about this product is the price is very cheap in comparison to other skin hydration products so it is good value for money, it leaves your skin texture soft and moisturizer and it comes in a practical container with a silver grey security seal so you know when you open it it hasn't been contaminated with other products.
What I don't like about this product is that it is highly perfumed and I'm not really a fan of the scent as its not gentle enough for me, it can leave your skin with a shiny residue on it as not all the product is absorbed by the skin, it can cause some spots because it is greasy, it doesn't have ability to hydrate lines on the face and I wondered why they chosen that shade of navy blue for the packaging.

I have been using shu uemura depp sea moisturising lip balm and caudalie pulp vitaminee regenerating concentrate in combination with this product to enhance the skim hydration as the product was not enough by itself.it feels like a product for use in cold weather to create a barrier between cold winds and your skin if you are someone who is forced to spend a lot of time outdoors in cold weather.I would repurchase this product for this purpose and to use on my body but I am still looking for a more effective moisturizer with increased skin hydration as the small line at the side of my mouth wasn't hydrated from using this product.