April 24, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated, combination skin, with the occasional zit, and a tendency towards grease in the t-zone and chin. I use this as an eye cream, on dry flaky patches on my face, as an occasional face mask, as a hand cream and for my scaly elbows. It works pretty well! As a face mask, it works wonderfully, I leave it for 30 mins before wiping it off with a warm, damp wash-cloth, my skin feel so smooth and soft afterwards (I have never left it on my face, it's too heavy to be my face moisturizer,...maybe if you have really dry skin all over)...I also use it to spot treat dry patches around my nose and cheeks. For scaly elbows and dry hands, perfecto as well. My only complaint is that it's quite thick so it doesn't glide on easily under the eyes, I always end up dabbing on too much (hence I use it as a bedtime eye-cream). However, it does moisturize my under-eyes, and most importantly, it doesn't give me milia. This is a BIG deal for me as I have dry, milia-prone skin under my eyes, and many rich eye creams have given me milia, whilst the lighter eye-creams that don't give me milia just aren't moisturizing enough. So far I have stopped using other eye-creams, it's just Nivea Creme under my eyes before bed. I would re-purchase, but I'd like to try Nivea Soft Creme after I run out of this big blue tin, hopefully it is a little less thick and glides abit more easily over the skin.
Btw, if you are acne-prone + oily, never use it on your whole face or leave it on your face, ever...infact don't use it on your face at all! It is so heavy that it could just exacerbate any acne problem. If you are not acne-prone but you get the occasional zit or mild acne, never use Nivea creme on any active acne. For those with combination-dry or dehydrated skin, with minimal to no acne, this stuff is great, worth a try at the very least.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:51:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore this cream! It is an amazing product for your face and your body. First of all I like the packaging- it brings that vintage look on my cabinet and I don't find inconvenient at all the fact that it comes in a metal tin..moreover there is no way the lid will come off-unless you do so. The smell is very clean and quite comforting actually. The texture is very thick indeed and spreads out quite difficulty. I have oily skin with acne and I use this moisturizer quite frequently- about 4-5 times a week. It doesn't give me any breakouts and it doesn't cloge my pores. What I like to do is apply a thick layer of it (like a mask) on my face -when -l'm at home of course- and let it sit for hours -I don't usually leave it on overnight-. When I wash my face afterwards my skin is so so so so soft and glowy,brighter and it looks clearer!!! This cream provides the necessary moisturization my anti-blemishes moisturizers won't. This is definitely my go to moisturizer when I'm at home. I don't wear it when I go out because I'm pretty sure I will look like I am sweating non stop.

-I even like to use it as an eye cream - it is very moisturizing,it god rid of some lines and it improved the appearance of my under eye milia!!! Can you believe it? My milia were making me very frustrated and self conscious but now you - I - can hardly see them!! I haven't tried it under my concealer yet though- I'm afraid it will run or crease.I have also noticed that the appearance of my under eye wrinkles is a lot better and some of them have disappeared! This creme is pure magic!! Additionally, it gets rid of any redness around my mouth and nose. I'm not crazy about it as a hand cream because I feel like I can't touch anything afterwards.

As for a body moisturizer I'd say it's pretty good but I need a pretty big amount -as I like to lather my body with moisturizers- and you have to work it really really well to spread out nicely. I originally got my Nivea Creme to use as a hand cream but now it is my favourite face moisturizer. I was reluctant to try it on my face at first because my skin is sensitive but then I thought -hey women have been using this for years and years and all women of the past century especially in the 40's and 50's had gorgeous skin and used to use Nivea Creme and Vaseline..(My grandmother used to use it aswell) so what do I have to lose?? I'm so glad I tried this! Also, I live in Europe and I use the German version of this creme. It cost me 2 euros (the small tin). I'm pretty sure though I will buy the huge one next time!! Overall,this is a great product and you have to at least give it a try..sorry for my very long review but I just had to let people know how wonderful this product is! Good luck !!! :)). Xo. P.s : I just purchased another small tin and it has a summer design with a heart drawn on the sand!! It's so cute!! I picked it up over the water design! Also, the smell is very very sweet and it smells like cookies to me!! :)

******UPDATE****** this has given me eczema.I still cannot believe it.I had been using it for months and my skin looked so great but then one day I looked in the mirror and the corners of my mouth were really red and looked rash-like.a few hours later,it became itchy,flaky,really painful to the point I couldn't open my mouth.Then I just grabbed my jojoba oilnapplied approximately every 20 minutes and the next day my eczema was healed!! I still can't understand why my skin reacted so badly since I had been using it for so long with no unpleasant results! Also my under eye milia are back.... Well I guess I'll just stick to my favourite (which I have grown to loooooove) Jojoba oil.this magic thing is like a savior to the skin. I'm still sad about my beloved nivea creme but I hope it will work for those with not so sensitive skin because it is such an amazing cream!!!!.good luck :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by asw37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for roughly a month and really don't think it's for me at all. This is for the German-made version.

I bought the Nivea to use a face cream, as I wanted to buy something cheaper than what I had been using. It was awful on my face, both greasy and dehydrating at the same time. It made my face very hot, greasy and itchy. Off it came.

So being left with a large pot of Nivea I thought I'd use it as hand cream. Again, an epic fail. I have no idea what's in the Nivea to cause it but it makes my hands super dry and very rough.

Nivea Crème is supposed to be a classic, but there's better stuff out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the only Nivea product I've tried and I am very impressed. I wanted a general all-purpose moisturising cream to minimise my routine and scale back on too many products. I use this for a multitude of things:

Hand cream - my hands get very dry very easily. I work in a hotel restaurant kitchen washing up - so you can imagine what havoc this wrecks on my hands! This is thick and emollient and I wouldn't really use it during the day - but applying once at night before bed has made my hands smooth and nourished and now I don't even think about reaching for hand cream during the day, whereas before I was applying it regularly throughout the day. A little goes a long way.

Body cream - I don't like body lotion. It just sits on my skin and makes it feel saturated, and I don't find my skin is dry in any case. But sometimes I need just a little moisture around my knees especially after shaving, or on my ankles if I've worn new shoes and they've rubbed - a tiny bit of this does the job with no fuss.

Eye/Neck moisturiser - I didn't want to buy a separate eye cream. I'm only 20 and just want to hydrate my eye area with something plain and basic. A little of this patted around my eyes and on my neck leaves the areas feeling nourished and again a little goes a long way.

Overall, a great product that you can't really go wrong with. Super cheap, lasts ages because the tub is a decent size and you only need a small amount. Smells gorgeous to me - vaguely like Sudocrem (which I also like the smell of). I'm weird and prefer basic or pharmaceutical packaging so I like this. Just a fantastic basic tub of a plain multi-use cream. Just my kind of thing and really glad I picked this up. I can see this lasting me a long time, but when it finally runs out I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best for combating dry winter skin or just naturally dry skin. I've had a problem with flaking in the winter especially on the cheeks, chin & forehead. The price for this product is amazingly low and it lasts me for awhile. I put it on at night time and it does leave a sheen on my face however in the morning my skin is soft and it got rid of the flakes within a day. I would recommend this mostly to people who are in need of a lot of moisture

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by aixthuong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a few years now. Everytime I run out of it, I run to Walmart and I always get the huggee 13.5 oz one. It's cheap for the amount of product and lasts for a long time. It's SOO thick and SO moisturizing,

I use it after getting out of the shower and when I wake up it doesn't make my face dry, flaky, or crusty, which is WONDERFUL! I also use it before putting on makeup and it works great for dry patches on the body. I haven't experienced any breakouts or anything bad while using it. The minor thing i don't like is that it is greasy at first but after a bit my skin is super soft.

I've tried other moisturizers and all of them never moisturized enough; I end up packing it on but after like 30 minutes or so my skin would get dry again.

I really don't even know how my skin survived before i found Nivea Creme. lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Manitia

My favorite cream. It's best in the winter and I usually use it for my lips. Way better than labellos. They often make special editions for example the horoscope edition.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cream is super thick and moisturizing. A little goes a long way. If you apply too much, it'll turn into a greasy mess. I only use this cream for my dry elbows and knees; that's it. I find this product to be too greasy and thick to use all over my body. It takes awhile for the product to sink into skin.

I can't imagine someone using this on their face!!! I feel like it would clog up your pores but that's just my opinion. I would not repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by givemesometruth

Despite the thick consistency of this cream, Nivea Creme surprised me being the only face cream that doesn't broke me out. This is the sixth tin that I bought and was manufactured in Chile.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I buy the little tins of it for .99 at ULTA and they are perfect for my pocket or keeping in my clipboard. As a medical professional, I wash my hands with hospital grade cleansers and use alcohol based foams for 12 hours a day and this is what I rely on to keep my hands feeling moisturized and from being chapped. It works so well. It is really thick though and takes a bit to work in and at first it feels really greasy. That goes away in a few minutes and it really makes my hands feel so wonderful after using it. Soft moisturized hands is what it's all about at a cost that won't break the bank. If this wasn't so thick and took such a while to get it worked in, I'd have rated it 5 lippys. Oh well, I still love this stuff and I can't recall how many of these little tins I've gone through, but I have been using this for about 2 years now.