July 22, 2014 | 1286 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the German made Nivea Creme.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for cult classics. And who can resist trying the creme that Marilyn Monroe herself used? certainly not I.

It took me a while to find a place to purchase this, living in the midwestern United States, but I finally found it on smallflower.com (which is actually a legit place to buy the German formula, yay!)

I purchased this while I was using Retin-A. My skin has hormonal breakouts, rosacea, PIH marks, AND is dull and flaky on top of everything. Yes, I indeed won the skin lottery. Retin-A was making my skin peel horribly no matter what I did, peeling so badly that I couldn't even put foundation on, because it just made it look worse. On top of that, it always made my skin feel so incredibly dry. My order of Nivea Creme arrived not a moment too soon. The night that I received my package, I took a rather large dollop of this creme, smoothed it in my hands, and plastered my face with it before bed. I woke up to no flakes. NONE. And not only were my flakes gone, but my skin didn't feel tight as it usually did. I've been using this for about two months now, and the flakes have never come back. This has also never caused a breakout...not a single one. I look forward to using this creme in the winter, and seeing what it can do when my skin starts getting hellish.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

GERMAN Nivea Creme is my HG moisturizer. Love this. I was a la Mer user for several years, but with the terrible economy, I have to be much more conservative with money. That means, no more expensive creams! Thankfully, German Nivea Cream does the job ;)

I use this for face and body.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hanna84

I have tried most lotions out there,but figured i would give this cream a try cause im trying a more natural skin and haircare.and considering its history i had to try it.i have had access to the cream when i was younger,but never gave it much consideration.i have problems with acne,and i was pretty worried about trying the creme on my face,but i have been using it for 1 week now and no breakouts! I use it all over and my skin is so soft,smooth and glowing!! I love this creme and i use it every morning under my makeup.i think it looks great and not greasy. I use the german cream,and u guess its the better one.i will never use any other creme!! Its so cheap and lasts long.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by rosaschnee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after I saw my friend using it. She has great skin and doesn't use a lot of base make up or fancy skin care so thought I would give it a try. I was always hesitant to use it as it is such a thick formula.
I primarily use this during the winter months on my face and my skin is definitely feeling nice and soft and smooth in the morning after. I normally would use Shiseido's The Skincare night lotion, however this leaves a softer feel to my skin after using it. I wouldn't use it when the weather is warmer though.
It's also nice and thick for my dry skin on my legs and body. My boyfriend also uses it as his no fuss nightly moisturiser so we share the same tub. The tub cost about $9 AUD and it lasts for I would say almost a year even more between 2 people! Great value for money and proves that you don't need to use expensive products, drugstore brands work just as well.
I would say though, I am in my late 20s, so I don't have acne or problem skin anymore. I would never use this during my acne and oily skin years as it would be far too rich for it. But for people with good skin already I would definitely recommend giving this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Nivea. It's an old faithful for me. I love the smell, it's really comforting, and it's very moisturizing. Will repurchase this little tins forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cream so much! I wish I found out about it sooner! I have the Mexican version and it works great. The cream is rich and has a powdery clean sent. I use this on my elbows, knees, feet, hands, even my lips! It's very moisturizing and thick and the skin on my body is dry so this is great for me. I wouldn't use this on my face because it is pretty thick and my face is more to the oily side but this is great for my dry body. It doesn't absorb very quickly and it can be a tad bit greasy but I don't care. If you got dry skin give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Extremely hydrating and luxurious feeling on my skin. I use this mostly at night time and occasionally in the mornings before applying makeup, it really just depends on how dry my skin in. I would say during the winter i use it twice a day. Affordable, reliable, re-purchasable.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

A classic. My grandmother used this and only this. The nurses in the hospital commented on her beautiful skin even when she was dying. There may be more modern products around now , but I would feel I was betraying my grandma if I did not have a pot of this in the house at any time.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by SilverRocks

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I am from Germany and have lived in the Seattle area for a long time now. And the weather has taken a toll on my skin.
I was head over heels into Strivectin, then Manuka only to find out that neither was good for my skin in the long run (sam with Coconut and EVOL).
I finally went back to my childhood routine: Nivea....The GERMAN version only. I've tried th US one made in Mexico, however, it was not the same.
My skin is very hard to work with: dry but black heads, sometimes flaky but again the constant pimples. Even though nobody can see that my skin isn't clear once I wear CC cream or MAC powder I now they and start to "try and get rid of them". The next day is usually a nightmare. Flakes, red blotches etc.
My 6 year old son as very sensitive skin also and I slather Nivea on him nightly. No more "bumpies". Is skin is beautiful and so is mine.
I only s Nivea at night and lately used to do what mygirlfriends and I did as teenagers; when I see a pimplr forming I put an extra dab of Nivea on.Sonds strange but works great for me.
I usually have a white Niva face every night, using it as a "mask" and then massage the rest in afte about 50 minutes.
My skin is soft, subtle and no wrinkles (I had a Restalyne injection fo my nose to mouth lines, ence was onlt left with a few laugh lines aond my eyes).
Sometimes less is more. I am a face poduct junkie and have tried La Mer te second it came out but it wasn't a "miracle creme'.
The Manuka oney or raw honey does work occasionaly on pinmples but dried out my skin, Strivectin workd wonders UNTIL they changed the formula and I ran out of options. I used MAC's Strobe creme for about 3 months but it ended up breaking me out.
So I stopped by a little Grman bakery around here and boght Nivea, 150ml for around 5 dollars (the ingredients are in Russian? But the formula is the same as in the version I used all my teenage life back in Germany (btw, I did not have ONE pimple as a teenager).
To make a long story/review short, Nivea ROCKS and I will stick to it (until I get suckerd into some new "miracle" cream for a while;)
Don't be worried to use it on your face (if it is the Geman vesion). You will wake up with very soft and very glowing skin but you will feel a slight film (at least I do but I use a LOT).
Enjoy, Nivea is an oldie but has never let me down. Back to basics for me. Danke :)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Tee82

Not sure why I stopped using this cream when I was younger but I've only been using a week and some how it has diminished some fine smile lines on my face I was shocked I recently broke out wiv the worst acne of mankind and I've never had a spot in my life so the shock and depression is still around how ever I do have dry patchs on my cheeks so I though let's go back to what I use to do as they do say old is gold it's really calmed the redness of wht use to be a crystal clear skin I'm hoping in time it will be just as good as it is for me now I know it shudnt be used as a facial moisturiser but it's liking me so far will keep you updated ........