Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 2/12/2014 7:22:00 PM

This is a nice lotion for dry to very dry skin. The problem with this classic lotion is that "mineral oil" is only the second ingredient. The only ingredient more abundant is water. So, this stuff is no good for anyone with oily skin, especially in the face. If your skin isn't very dry, Nivea makes a GREAT alternative: The Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream for face, body, and hands (I use it on my face every day and on my hands throughout the day).

on 2/12/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I only recently bought this after stumbling over various internet musings comparing this to Creme de la Mer. I have no desire to actually try or buy CdlM but I am always on the lookout for really good moisturizers after I decided I could no longer justify $100+NZD for Shiseido Intensive Nourishing and Recovery cream (which is lovely and very effective, just hideously expensive)... So a quick walk down to my local supermarket, grabbed a 100mL blue plastic pot off the shelf (and got a couple of the Nivea Lip Butters as well, because they were on special ;-) and for about $10NZD, I toddled off home to try it.
That was two weeks ago.
I've been using the Nivea (German version, FWIW) every second or third night because initially I was concerned it would be too heavy or could cause potential breakouts.
The cream is very thick and quite stiff and it is quite heavily fragranced with something vaguely powdery floral-ish.
Still, it has worked really well so far.
I use a decent sized dab (enough to cover one index finger tip down to the first joint) and then I rub and warm the cream between my palms before applying to my face. I found it works best to ensure your skin is completely dry after cleansing - like pat dry with a towel and then brush your teeth and floss or do whatever you want to to do for 5 or so minutes until your skin is no longer even slightly damp.
I rub any excess into my hands :-)
In the morning I wake up with fresh, well plumped, smooth and velvety skin. No dry patches to speak of and I am susceptible to these, especially around my chin and nose. Doesn't cause any redness, irritation or breakouts (pimples, boo!) and the biggest difference I have noticed is that my skin seems more "elastic-y"... (I don't know else to describe it!), so that's a really positive thing during my rapid descent into crinkled hagdom ;-D
Cheap, effective, will last for eons, easy to find... ticks all the boxes for me!

on 2/11/2014 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Used sparingly, it is a very hydrating everyday moisturizer for very dry skin. It really softened the dry areas on my chin and forehead. It has a nice texture and a very soft powdery smell. I bought the smallest tin and will soon upgrade to the biggest size! Compared with my Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream, this one wins hands down!

on 2/11/2014 2:12:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Nivea Creme worked very, very well for me! It added much moisture into my skin. However, it can look oily. Also, with continued use, it started breaking me out which was shocking because when I first started using it, my skin had never looked better!

All-in-all I would say it's a great night creme. I don't think I would wear it during the day, though. Like I said, it tends to look oily and I just don't think it's something for the day.

The packaging is okay. Nothing special.

on 2/10/2014 6:47:00 PM

So I used this as a kid, but stopped when I got acne cause I figured it probably wasn't doing me any good. I went back to it a year ago for reasons I can't remember and I am so glad I did! This stuff is seriously the only thing that doesn't break me out! And I am really, really sensitive to all sorts of moisturizers. I can even slather on a thick layer and that doesn't break me out. In combination with bp this has cleared my acne. I still have hyperpigmentation though and I figured I'd use another moisturizer during the day to help with that (plus nivea can give u that shiny look) and although the ingredientslist was excellent, I have since broken out. I am going back to my trusted nivea and never trying another thing!

Oh and my dad uses it and he could easily pass as 40 though he's 50. So I guess there's some kind of anti-aging goodness in it too.

on 2/10/2014 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the basic Nivea Creme in the dark blue jar. The cream is very thick and Crisco-like. Although it is occulsive I do not think it is particularly moisturizing. I bought it for a hand cream but I think I will wind up using it on my legs after showering. Gold Bond Ultra Healing Cream and AmLactin body lotion are far superior to this.

on 2/6/2014 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was at first very hesitant because of the German vs. Mexican formula debate. The Mexican formula is the one commonly found on store shelves in Canada, with $6 price tag. The German formula is said to be better, but that costs 3-5 times the normal price plus crazy shipping rates.

You know what? The Mexican formula is actually amazing. In fact it's been my miracle night cream for the past 3 months. Every morning I find my combination skin well-moisturized, non-oily, and this lasts 2-3 hours after I wake up. My complexion has a nicer glow. The really amazing thing is, it dries/heals my acne from the previous day, and no other moisturizer can ever do that. It doesn't cure acne of course but I find my acne healing much quicker because of it. I also use it on my elbow and heel sometimes. 1-2 uses are enough to soften my elbow and heel, and the softened skin lasts about a week without reapplying Nivea.

There are 2 things to be aware though (1) It has a old-fashioned scent, some might find it strong (2) It is a very thick creme, only a bit softer than butter. I am concerned about heavy rubbing on the face as that might create wrinkles. So I learned to spread it on my hands first and then pat that onto my face, followed by small-scale massage to rub it in.

on 2/4/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I been using this for months I use it everywhere. feet,hands, body, legs everywhere makes so soft. made my rough feet smooth. and it does wonder for my hands especially since I wash my hands 24/7 because of my job. and I found the 13 oz for 6 bucks at walmart double the size i used to get for 8 or 9 bucks at cvs or walgreens. best moisturizer for me and my skin.

on 2/1/2014 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This cheap (1.75 euro/150 ml jar) cream does what it promises, which is to moisturize your skin. It does not do wonders like say, my HG, Ole Henriksen, but that was expected.

Does not break me out. I only use this in my face. The thickness of the cream is slightly disturbing since I like to layer my skin care and this moves the layers underneath.

The packaging mirrors the low price. Nothing fancy, but a sturdy metal jar.

What makes this product fab is the PRICE! I'm poor but I want nice skin! :D
My skin care philosophy is to use as mild and simple products as possible when it comes to cleansing and moisturizing, and then, baaam: aha, retinoids and all that stuff you know will work.

on 2/1/2014 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the original Nivea creme in 200ml blue plastic jar, made in Germany version. I use this everyday all over my body and i'm sworn by it. The cream works wonder on dry areas such as legs and arms. I use it on my feet as well because I have really dry feet with callouses and the cream softens them. During summer when I wear sandals and can't be bothered with pedicure, i slather this cream on my toe nails and cuticles, it's very moisturising and makes my toe nails look very healthy.