April 21, 2014 | 1283 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Tommy546

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colour of this a very pinkish beige, it IS a perfect nude colour for a fair skintone.

however, this lipstick (and all of the satins) are much too drying for me and my lips =/

I love the pay off and everything but it's simply not worth it to me when mac has other amazing finishes!! (cremesheens, lustres, even frosts!!)

I would recommend creme d'nude as apposed to this shade!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tiamoe1

This is my go-to nude lippy when doing my smokey eye, it matches perfectly w/ my NC35 skin tone... I use MAC's prrrr lipglass over it being that it is a satin finish&can be drying to the lips, but overall i`m glad i purchased this item=)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by xomegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this lipstick but I am very pale and it looks kind of weird on me and makes me look dead. Some times I can pull it off but it really depends on what im wearing. It looks way better on me in the summer when I'm a bit tanner, but I am so fair it is really hard. I wouldnt repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Ctoth87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic nude color! Goes with everything, but you need to make sure your lips are in good condition. This color shows any imperfections. Top it with any lip gloss for a finished look everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by emer1451

Hands down favorite lipstick. Absolutely love it. A great dupe is Apple Blossom by Natural Collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is very white-ish concealor looking but now I am blonde and less tanned this suits me again. However, as I don't like the concealor look lips I tend to put a bright gloss over this which then makes it into a pale colour but I wouldn't wear alone - prefer creme de nude for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by honeypink00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Myth is a great nude lipstick color if you want really really nude lips. I always apply a moisturizing lipbalm before I put on Myth because if I don't it dries out my lips and sinks into the cracks. Otherwise, it's the best nude lip color out there. It's also a great combination with smokey eyes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love Myth, but not really because the color works for me. I am NC42, and this color looks ghastly on me by itself, which is fine since I love this color more as a concealer against my awful lip color which is purple on top and pink on bottom. I wear this paired with a pink lipgloss and it looks flawless, it adds a nice pearly nude tone underneath pinks which I absolutely adore! However I can't rate 5 stars because of the dryness it causes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ivana01

i've tried a lot of nude lipsticks and this has to be my favourite, i'm never changing to another lipstick again! it's such a beautiful colour but make sure you top it off with a lipgloss such as the mac lipglass c-thru otherwise it will look too cakey and dry but the lasting power is great, it lasts really long. as for the people that are complaining about it being too dry, have you ever heard of moisturising your lips? most lipsticks look like shit on if you have dry/chapped lips anyway so make sure you keep your lips moisturised. will definately buy again but thumbs down for it being too expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jamie__marie

okay, so the people that have complained about how light/nude this product is, i've noticed are tan or deeper toned. well first off, you wouldn't wear this alone if you are. of course it looks chalky! you need a lip liner. secondly, it is a satin so it does have more of a matte look. IF YOU PUT A MATTE ON, YOU NEED TO HYDRATE THE SKIN YOU PUT IT ON. i think a lot of people who don't like it, aren't educated enough on how to wear it, or because they are a deeper tone, that's not always the color for you. your nude would be a little darker. myth is more of a lipstick that you apply lightly.

with that said, i love it. it gives you the perfect slate for multiple nude looks. put a pink/brown/peach gloss on top and it creates a more nude shade in that tone. you don't need a lot of it. remember, swatch it on your hand before you just buy it. it's not hard to see that it's a light nude lipstick...and not for everyone. BUT IT IS THE PERFECT NUDE FOR MOST PEOPLE, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH IT.