Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

on 12/14/2007 11:23:00 PM

I honestly like this stuff. I've used it for a long time and it has never failed me. I would definitely buy this again if I didn't recently get everyday minerals, so now I no longer need this. It's pretty cheap and does it's job. recommended for an average pressed powder.

on 12/11/2007 7:59:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. I like the concept of TrueBlend and how it is supposed to match 97% of all skin tones. I purchased this is Translucent Fair - being winter I am pale and continue to get paler as it gets colder. Nice packaging, terrible product. This was just way to sheer for someone who wants to cover up an imperfection. This was like baby powder. Would be a nice Finish over any foundation but not to be used alone. I will be returning and not exchanging for another CG product. I will stick with my Pur Minerals which works and covers much better!

on 11/30/2007 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Trublend and Outlast pressed powder are the same.

This is in response to desiree_e's review on TruBlend powder that is currently on page 3 (according to my computer):

"Outlast has a way of somehow giving you a little radiance. I wouldn't buy this again. Try Outlast!"

This is the exact formulation of Outlast Powder. (If interested, see below)...The only differences are the compact and possibly the color options. They are both the same size at .39 oz and retail for the same price (about $7.49 to $8.05 depending on the retailer).

In fact, Advanced Radiance Age-Defying powder is also very similar. The first 6 ingredients in A.R. are the same and then there is a slight variation after that.

I chose TruBlend because of the color options.

This is the 2nd time that I noticed this with Cover Girl. The first time it was the Pocket powder being the exact formulation of another of their face powders. Those 2 powders are not listed at the Cover Girl website, so they may have been discontinued.

Notice below that the second ingredient is mica.

Mica: Earth mineral used to give products sparkle and shine. (from cosmeticscop.com)

Ingredient comparison

Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide (from drugstore.com website)

Cover Girl Outlast Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica, May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide (from drugstore.com website)

Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder:

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Lecithin, Methicone, Methylparaben, May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide - - - same ingredients with slight variation after the 6th ingredient. (from drugstore.com website)

on 10/12/2007 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

color choice: buff beige is good for my light yellow toned skin (translucent medium)
oil control: poor
texture: finely milled
Good coverage, one of the best in the drug stores
The only concern: after use, the surface of the powder became unsmooth. It seems that in the process of powder manufacturing, the powder and thickening agents were not mixed well.
It is a cheap powder, however gives an excellent result. Just wish it has more oil obsorbing ability. I like to use this one in the winter and fall.

on 9/1/2007 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I loved this make-up because I didn't need foundation. This powder has excellent coverage. The colors are great, and it is easy to find a matching color. However, the packaging is ugly and easily scratched, the powder, after you've used it for a while, takes on an ugly cottage cheese texture.
I would still have given it five lippies if it hadn't made my acne worse. My skin isn't that sensitive, and I see that a lot of people have had that problem with this powder. Still, I will give it three lippies for it's coverage and colors. This is worth trying if you want coverage in a powder.

on 8/25/2007 1:19:00 AM

what i like about this product is that it matches my skin tone well & is really inexpensive. But the packaging is tacky, the sponge applicator is rough & it doesn't provide any protection from the sun.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is currently the only poweder that I've used for over a year. I don't know why though...it doesn't cover that well. I have to apply several times throughout the day because it gives me that shiny look on my T-zone. After a few times it does look cakey.

on 8/4/2007 6:12:00 PM

I wear buff beige in the powder foundation. THis stuff rocks. It covers well for a powder but doesn't feel like you have anything on now make your face look dry like other powders. I like this whole line of liquid, cream foundation, and the powder. I am acne prone, I have bought this over and over. It also has SPF 15 though you should wear regular sunscreen too. Check out my other reviews. Thanks for this site. I rarely buy a makeup, skin, or haircare product without checking here first.

on 7/5/2007 10:58:00 PM

wow y did this get low ratings

i like it!

its true when they said this covers yet lets ur natural skin color still show..

it does cover decent...and it DOES let my skin color show , which is great cuz even when i get a tan, this powder will still match

im trying to figure out how this formula works
its great, i'll buy again specially at summer

on 6/16/2007 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

From my past experiences with very oily skin I can not wear a powder foundation very well, until now! Once again I have tried d/s & dept store brands all of them have made my face oilier and pores larger looking except for this one. A follow MUAer recommended it to me & she was right! This is just as good as any dept store-MUFE, EL, LC, PX, Chanel, Clinique and a lot cheaper. I appreciate this product more in the cooler months but I do use it in the heat of the summer as well.