December 22, 2014 | 1470 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by KirRoyal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this eyeliner in Black Ink and in Ivy Shimmer Ink. Both of them were purchased at the same time about a little more than a year ago. And for the first 10-11 months both shades performed excellent: really long wearing, non-smudging, easy to work with liners. Gel formula is brilliant for being creamy yet it sets fast. Any style of line is achievable.
However, when I applied Black Ink this week, I was in for a very unpleasant surprise - my unmoving, non-smudging eyeliner smudged all over my face, creating an ugly panda-eye. And I haven't even touched the line! My eyes naturally get wet sometimes, which is why I originally went for a long-wearing formula. And it never let me down before that last week. I tried it once more, and the outcome was still the same: the liner didn't dry completely.
I think it's not as much as the product's fault, or my fault, or the packaging fault, it is that you're not supposed to use this eyeliner for more than 12 months, and once that time is out - you should just though it away, even if the plenty's left. Which is surprising, I've never come across a product that changed dramatically right after the expiration date.
My Black Ink started smelling funny, and the quality changed.
Bottom line is: great product for the first 11-12 months, but needed to be changed to a new one immediately after.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by beautifulthings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate shimmer and denim ink. It seems to me that the quality depends on the formula of the colour; chocolate shimmer goes on beautifully. It's smooth, creamy and a lovely colour. I would definitely recommend it.

The denim ink, on the other hand seems to be a drier formula and does not go on so easily and has a tendency to flake while I'm using it. I find if I go slowly and draw in small segments I can get a straight line, but the blue particularly drags. I'd be interested to try the other colours, such as caviar, and see how well they apply.

Both of them seem to last well during the day and I've not had any problems with smudging, but then I only use it over the top lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by mrubatino

This is my favorite gel liner. Some people have complained that it dried out quickly, but not for me! It has lasted so well over time. It glides on so easy and creamy, doesn't flake or wear off (except on water line a little bit). The black shade is so nice and rich. I LOVE IT!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

Not long wear! So disappointed. Smudged and faded in about an hour on my trip to Hong Kong. Going to have to return this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by renaphuah

Had high hopes, was using MAC Blacktrack before. This Bobbi gel liner is just bad. It flakes after a few wear and I always ensure that the lid had been screwed and closed properly. So disappointing for the price tag. Will g back to MAC, why cant they match the quality? Both brands are owned by Estee Lauder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I was not impressed at all with this eyeliner. I had it for about two weeks and then it started to dry out. I heard very good reviews and it was highly recommended so I will not buy again. I think I may try mac's fluid line next. I did have their liquid eyeliner and wasn't impressed but I have heard the gel liner is better so I look forward to trying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by azuresky11

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner is the best gel eyeliner I've tried so far.

The application is easy and it won's budge until you decide to take it off.

I do not give this a five star because of the price and the fact that I have not tried MAC's fluidline.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Lakkert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in balck and use it every day, its fantastic! It has an amazing satying power and is easy to apply (I use an angeled brush from Kiko). It does not smudge or fade and is easy to remove with make up remover. No cons! Really the ultimate eyeliner for me, no need to search anymore, I will definitively repurchase :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by Racheal319

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would this liner is much more like a cream liner. It is very easy to apply , very smooth and suitable to be apply on waterline. But unfortunately, it SMUDGE like hell, my eyes were like raccoon few hours later after I applied this, even though I'm not sweating neither Under high temperature. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone but I think it works well for those who wanted to create a very smokey eye look.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by glopa

Very disappointed with this product. Smeared 1 hour after applying. Will not buy again.