Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 3/19/2013 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I have this eyeliner in Black Ink and Caviar Ink. The black one dried out so quickly, it was unusable after a couple of months. The Caviar, on the other hand, is still going strong. It is a very wet eyeliner and is good for a nice dramatic line. I like it softer, so I put it on my brush and then let it sit for a few seconds to dry down. This way, I get the perfect look with little to no extra effort. If I run out, I will probably buy another one. I would like to try the other colors.

on 3/10/2013 11:01:00 PM

Beautiful product, was unsure when a friend offered to let me borrow it to put on my water line. Normally eyeliner on my waterline just goes into my eyeball and washes away in great pain but this stayed put all evening!

on 3/9/2013 10:20:00 PM

I am a convert.

I couldn't justify $23 for an eyeliner, but I was getting sick of the smudging caused by all the other eyeliners that I've tried.

So, I went to Sephora in search of a new eyeliner. I had the Bobbi Brown in mind. The SA also went over and recommended another brand, and he brought me over to an MUA and she put the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner on one eye first.

I didn't even bother to try the other brand. I liked this on the spot and bought it. I have no regrets, either.

This is definitely the best gel eyeliner and I'm not even searching for an alternative. I would like this to be available in a non-shimmery lighter brown color, but I will take the Espresso Ink.

It glides on easily and actually stays put. It does smudge a bit onto my lower waterline, but a cotton swab takes care of that. The only other smudging or migration that I've noticed is if I don't remove it completely at night, then the next morning, it's smudged all over my lower lid. I can deal with that.

I won't bother with anything else, unless I get a sample of it. Even then, I don't think anything else can measure up.

Update: I've been using this for quite some time, and it does have a tendency to dry out very fast. I took a lippie off (although, I would take a lippie and a half if I could) for this reason.

It globs up on the brush when it dries out, and it also tends to pill up into little balls of eyeliner on the brush... which then get in eyelashes or into the eye itself.

I've tried to revive it with plain eyedrops, which works for a short time, but then it dries again. There's only so much I can do.

I've yet to find another eyeliner with the same good characteristics...

Update 8/15:

This just doesn't do it for me anymore. I liked it initially, but I've discovered Mac Fluidline instead. Once I compared the two, there is just no contest.

Bobbi Brown dries out way too fast, and once it's dried, it's dried. Eye drops don't save it for long, and eventually, just makes it a gross mess.

It smudges too easily, transfers, migrates, and just isn't worth the high price they charge.

If this works for you, great, but for me, it just isn't worth it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this eyeliner as most of the khols I used basically disappear from my eyes within hours or smudged quite easily. I am happy to report that this eyeliner lasts around 8 hours in my waterline although after around the 4th hour is starts to fade. It does stay perfect when I use it as a tightliner. So far it hasn't dried and while it is expensive it lasts long. I would definitely repurchase this and will be looking for other colours although I'm also curious to try the Maybelline gel eyeliner as it's a lot cheaper and a few people in YouTube say it has a similar stay power to Bobbi Brown's

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I love this gel eyeliner. It's nicely pigmented and goes on smoothly. The lasting power is pretty good but I notice it fades slightly (during long wear days). Also, it does not dry out which I like because my stila gel liner did.

on 2/8/2013 3:41:00 PM

Have it in brown and black, it doesn´t smudge at all, which I really like.

on 2/3/2013 3:45:00 PM

hiya girls..i picked this up about a month ago and i wear this every day on the upperlash line, still got looooaddss left and its still the same consistensy as it was when i bought it!
definatley the most longwearing liner ive ever used, blackest black, doesnt drag across the eye.
My only moan about this is that you don't get a applicator with it.
I had to get one from topshop and its ok but im gonna have to invest in a better one because its too thick.
Definatley not good if your a gal-on-the-go as its not very handy for your handbag...but that aside it is brill :) xx

on 2/3/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Will not buy this again. My 3rd bottle, hard as a rock! It's ridiculous. Of course I screw the top on tight.

It wears beautifully, no smudge, gorgeous, lasts for days (haha) and then before you know it....rock hard. After so long one would assume they would have worked the formula out! I am investing in the Clinique one..someone recommended it here. Got good reviews. Or maybe even Revlon Colour Stay.

Actually Colour stay will be my next purchase....the brush applicator does irritate my water line a bit. Pencils are quicker. If Revlon smudges then will have to rethink....Maxfactor ? Clinique? We shall see. But BB bye bye

on 1/26/2013 6:37:00 PM

It's a good product but same as all other gel liners, easy to dry out. the product itself seems can last forever, but by the time it dries out you only get use half of the product. Even I tried so many ways to solve the drying problem, the product is just not the same any more. I'm just annoyed and no longer interested in spending a lot of time dealingwith this drying issue. I've gone back to liquid liner pen which is so much easier to use, won't smudge and last for quite a long time. The one I'm switching to is Stila stay all day water proof liner. The BB gel liner is expansive, but I suppose you do pay for the extra for a 'paraben free' formula.

on 1/17/2013 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i saw this stuff at my local dept store, but decided not to either buy or even try it. then i started to see this product reviews anywhere including my friends keep talking about how good this product is. then i decided to buy it. i REALLY love this thing. i use it daily. ive compared to some other brands in my area, this one's definitely the best. i love the texture, it glides on smootly, and doesnt look overdone. it doesnt dry off easily like other brands, for example make up forever aqua gel liner. however this product is quite pricey and it doesnt come with the brush. we have to purchase the brush and ofc spend more cash. as i see it, this is the best gel eyeliner ive ever purchased (or tried). love it. definitely will repurchase.