Biosilk Silk Therapy

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40-B, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol,Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance)Hexyl Cinnamic Aldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool, Gamma Methyl Ionone, Citronellol, Lilial, Hydroxy Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol. Silk Therapy Lite: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone,C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Fragrance (Parfum),Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, GeraniolHydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool.

I won't repurchase this again because I think CHI Silk Infusion works better, but this product it a nice one to apply in damp hair before blow drying or heat styling. It will diminish your frizz, and leave your hair very soft. One thing it does beat CHI on is the SCENT! This one smells more feminine to me.

I did enjoy this product, but it wasn't my favorite. I definitely like the chi silk treatment better

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this product is kind of on the pricey side but worth it if your hair is damaged or dry, it gives you alot of shine i would buy it again if i ever need it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I REALLY wanted to like this product because it smells absolutely divine! But it has done nothing at all for my hair, just leaves it feeling a bit greasy and odd. I'm using the rest of the bottle as body lotion!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using Biosilk after every wash for about 10 months, it is the only thing that has changed in my hair wash/style/wear routine in the last year. I bought the largest bottle possible to save money, as this is expensive, and it lasted the full 10 months. This is what I have experienced.

Biosilk is very effective if you have frizzy hair that needs smoothing down before styling. However, there is a fine line between 'silky smooth frizz free hair' and 'greasy lifeless hair' when using this product. You have to make sure it is spread well through the hair when using. In short, it definitely helps with defrizz, styling, managability and providing a bit of gloss. It also lasts a long time.

However in the long term this is a definite NO NO. I have experienced an overall drying of my hair to a straw like consistency, brittleness, breakage & loss. I have read other reviews that warn of this due to the alcohol content of the product. I agree. After 10 months of opening the strong perfumed smell wore away and it started to smell like nail polish remover. This was when I threw the rest of the bottle away.

I think a lot of these reviews were written after 1-2 months of use, when you are not seeing the long term damage this product does to your hair.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this stuff! It lasts forever, which is good because where I'm from it can be a bit pricy (25 bucks for a small bottle). I use a dime-sized amount of this, a pump of Moroccan oil, and a pump of Redken heat protector oil after every wash, and whether I blow dry it or let it dry naturally, it tames my fly-aways and makes my super curly hair much more manageable. I use the other two products in addition to this only because my hair can get out of control if I don't. For someone with wavy or straight hair, it would be fine all by itself I'm sure.

I also put a bit in my hair (maybe half of a dime-sized amount) after it's dry which helps keep my straightened hair in place or tame any little frizzies that might have popped up while I was running around the house with my little ones.

Cannot say enough about this stuff. It's amazing. If you're on the fence, go for it! You'll be happy you did.

After 20 years of trying to find a product to tame my coarse, thick hair, I finally have it. I just tried Biosilk for the first time and I'll never again go without. I finally have the smooth, manageable hair I want. :) Worth the price. Definitely.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I keep coming back to this product.I have tried argan oil ("Moroccan"), macadamian oil, etc...and this one gives about the same results for a lot less money per ounce. You can use it on wet or dry hair and even skin. It smells great and it doesn't weigh down your hair. Works great before you flat iron and for touch ups during the day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

having a cabinet-full of expensive hair products, i came back to biosilk therapy for my curly, color-treated, auburn hair. after washing and conditioning, i flat-iron and follow with a tiny drop of biosilk, focusing on my ends. it works. and so do the compliments.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product a lot. It works very well and doesn't weigh down my hair. Most hair products I tend to avoid because they leave my hair all chunky and gross but this works exceptionally well. A bit pricey but not unexpected. You get what you pay for. It doesn't do much for styling but it gives it a healthy shine after using heat tools. A little dime sized amount is enough, if it's more than that it can get a little oily looking. I personally like it and would buy it again.