October 1, 2014 | 1314 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in High Tea

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by micipici

i love this lipstick
color is beautiful it's nude,but sheer and its not really shimmery but it reflects light really nice
formula is great it isnt long lastiong but lasts longer on me than glaze formula

EDIT: I tried so many MAC lipsticks this is my favorite...I love it so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by jessyelle

DO NOT BUY THIS!! This is by far, the WORST Mac lipstick out there, and it's because it is soooo extremely sheer, I have a medium skin tone with medium lip pigmentation and it looked like I had applied shimmery lip balm. High Tea looks good on everyone because chapstick looks good on everyone, meaning, it won't show up. I understand it is a lustre, but i own freckletone (lustre) and the color shows up awesome. I had to return this, won't purchase again, and have been advising all my friends not to buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by helenexox

Disappointed in the color.. I was hoping for a lustre version of myth, and it turned out to be much too brown for my NW20 skin...

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by vixo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my first MUA review and my first Mac lipstick!
I had high hopes for it, but due to my inexperience, I chose the wrong lipstick. It's pretty, it's creamy, has a nice vanilla scent, so far long lasting, but it's more like a balm ... I'm NW15, it's really really nude, as if I'm not wearing lipstick at all :(
Not bad, but now I learned I'm not a lustre kind of gal.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Aggie_D

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lustures.... MAC why do you continue to do a 'nude' colour lippies in lustures. The colour payoff in lustures is horrible so if you have pigment lips and are looking for a nude lippy look towards Creme d'Nude ( or Myth or Fleshpot (both satins - but can be TOO drying or pale on some people)

Too bad I loved the shade of this in the tube... ah well ! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by sayako

Looks pretty but it applies like nothing :( I have pigmented lips and on me, it just looks like I have lip balm on. Barely no color what so ever just gives me the shine that you get when you apply lip balm. Retained it :( I am NC30.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay, I think I just found my HG nude lipcolor. I know alot of girls love Cream D' Nude but it makes me look dead. My lips are really pigmented and this is one of the few nude colors that doesn't look off on me. I really love the texture of the lipstick, too. So nice and creamy. The color is great because it is brown but has pink to it too. Would def. repurchase! NC30 for ref.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by lotsoflove37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately this was a little too sheer/brown+rosey on my lips, but I have pigmented mauve-y lips so maybe that's why. I had high hopes for it :/. I was wanting it to be more pink. I agree w/some of the negative reviews, though I definitely never got a bad taste from it as some had said. This is more of a lipgloss IMO.Not a crazy bad product but I prefer some of the other lustre's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I b2m'd for this. It's my first MAC lipstick and I absolutely adore the formula. I have very dry lips, so I slather on some lip balm before applying this straight from the tube and it looks great. It's pretty much the exact color match of my own lips, but better. Looks natural and doesn't scream lipstick, which I wanted; the effect is subtle and pretty, and looks great paired with smokey or neutral eyes... very versatile. I keep this in my purse every day! This formula has sparked my interest in obtaining more MAC Lustre lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by peachygoldfish

i recently received this from a lovely MUAer and love it! i think it's great for everyday use as well as paired with smoky eyes. The color works well with my skin tone and i dont think it's too light and the forumla does that dry my lips.