October 30, 2014 | 1686 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by silkybuns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does not crease ever on me but I have to agree with other reviewers that it does not fully cover dark circles, I would say this is light to medium coverage which for me at least is OK because I don't have much to cover. I don't think that the price is crazy expensive, I paid about $30 for mine but it lasted me over a year and a half with daily use.

One thing I want to mention: some reviewers have complained about this concealer looking bad/not covering on their face...UGHH...this concealer is made for UNDEREYES, not for the face, it is called EFFACERNES (effacer: to erase, cernes: undereye circles)...now that I got this off my chest, I can move onto my next review.

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product yesterday and I have already made a judgement on this concealer. As an undereye concealer: It is fabulous -- the consistency is nice and it has just the right moisture. As a concealer for the face: Not so much (kind of figured because it's meant under the eyes) though If you choose to use it on your face, use very, very minimal. Overall great product :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Total HG for me in concealing my dark circles. After trying BB, LM and even Eve Pearl's famous concealer in addition to many d/s brands, nothing quite worked. However Effacernes in Porcelaine I is a perfect match for my skin tone (NW10ish here). It only takes a few tiny dabs and my circles are erased all day. The lasting power is outstanding and it never looks cakey or flaky. It is quite spreadable, but it doesn't budge. As a user tip, it definitely works better over moisturiser. With a little YSL TE on top, my under-eye area looks flawless. Oh and the Effacernes works well as a general concealer for covering some random redness around my nose. The needle-nosed tube is hygienic and prevents product waste. Though it's $29.00 it lasts a long time. Will certainly repurchase.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lxl0barbie0lxl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The love of my life when it comes to concealers.
Covers my super dark purpleish under eye circles, stays on all day, doesn't look or feel cakey on my oily skin.. I just love it. I can even conceal some imperfections in my face with it and it performs way better than MAC Studio Sculpt.
I set it with a tiny bit of loose transparent powder and it lasts all day.
Just love it.

Downside? It is quite expensive to me. 30-something €uros for not so much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by westberger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this product! I have slight dehydration around my eyes (trying to drink more water!) and genetic slim slight dark circles/socket line and have tried tons of brands most of which highlight problems rather than mask them.

The trick with this product is to basically finish all of your make up - yes that means throwing away the rule book of concealer/foundation/powder - and literally applying the smallest amount possible right at the end of your make up routine. Less is more, put it on with a small concealer brush (squeeze a small amount onto a fingertip and take the product from there) and gently blend with a clean foundation brush thereafter. Try not to powder the eye area before or after as it interferes with the result which should be a smooth looking fresh under eye area. Not cakey. It takes practice to not overload/layer the product but once you get the knack there's no looking back!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wasn't impressed. Let me note though, I have very severe undereye circles. A product that is good for the average person's undereyes is probably not enough to deal with mine.

I tried this because I wanted to see if there was a better concealer out there than my MUFE. I picked this up because I heard it was specifically for undereyes, and waterproof.

For 30 dollars you don't seem to get as much product as you do with the MUFE Full Cover.

So this has a bit of a brightening effect to it. But I needed a lot of product, and though it is more heavy duty than other concealers it really did not do enough for my undereye. It only gave a moderate coverage, and it worked pretty nicely over my corrector, but not as well as I needed.

Since it is a bit on the oily side, it is not too bad to blend compared to some other concealers.

If you have dark circles that aren't so severe, this stuff is probably pretty good. But if you need a lot of coverage, this probably won't cut it for you. It didn't for me.

I'm still on the search for the best undereye cover up. I think that this stuff was quite expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I have mixed feelings about this. The one thing I really cant go without is undereye concealer because of my genetic dark circles: caving, purplish blue and dry. So I figured Id get a high quality product.
First of all I think all shades are indeed very undereye friendly, almost the same colors as some corrects out there, and it is very creamy so it sets to this beautiful fresh finish. The big catch for me its that this is very pigmented but its not opaque, these are too different things. So it does not cover my dark circles, it fades then - exactly like a reviewer below said.
So I ended up using it as kind of a corrector under my mufe full cover because it makes it look less cakey than mufe alone. The bad part is this stuff is crazy expensive so I only ever use it if I am having a really bad day or a party. I do believe that if you buy something you must use it but as expensive as this, I have to save it for the real deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Allybaley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WORTH the money. I thought $30.00 was insane...but now i know why. It does a better job than any other concealer. MUST use a primer though. :) BEST CONCEALER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ThatLadyNextDoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Lancome, where have you been all my life? For more than a decade, I have always passed the Lancome counters. I've never purchased any foundations, concealers, or powders from them. Maybe one lipstick.

Here's my experience: When I turned 30, I was starting to notice dark circles under my eyes. It's genetic so even with 10 hours of sleep, they'll still be there.

I have tried so many high to low end products it's unreal to how much I've collected & spent! I've tried Revlon, Maybelline, Avon, Hard Candy, Mark, MAC, Merle Norman, Bobbi Brown, Givenchy, Benefit, YSL, Stila...OMG...I can go on and on..I think I have bought concealers in every brand out there. For the longest time, I was using Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer. I liked it, but, it somehow failed on me near the end. It was starting to cake up and the staying power was a joke. I think just about every concealer I've purchased was a joke. Not this, though...OMG..

What makes this concealer stand out? Well, it lives up to its name. It stays put and blends well. I have no problems with it creeping up into the lines under my eyes. It works! You only need a little bit. Make sure you wear a good eye cream b/c it may not spread well. I've been using this for 2 months. For reference, I'm NC40 and wear Camee. Btw, I've never used this to cover pimples b/c I don't think it's a good idea. I prefer blemish concealers like Clinique Clearing Concealer or Mark Save the Day.

Ever since then, I have purchased all kinds of Lancome products. I really like their Teint Idole Ultra foundation (Bisque 5). I'll have to review that soon.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this product to the ones who suffer from dark circles. It's a little pricey, but I think about all the money I've spent over time finding the 'perfect' concealer, is totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by shindee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying I have HORRENDOUSLY, EXTREMELY BAD EYE CIRCLES. Yes, they are self-inflicted. No, I will not be fixing them anytime soon, because I am a university student. My eye circles are an angry red-purple, and combined with my thin skin I have blue veins visible everywhere else on my eye area. I've been told by more than one pleasantly honest friend that I look like I've been punched, haha.

So for fellow sufferers of bad dark circles, does this make the cut? Unfortunately not :( I had really high hopes for this product based on the reviews, but I was only disappointed. It's certainly not opaque--it turns my dark circles into light purple. Not much more impressive.

I do really LOVE how blendable it is... it goes on seamlessly. You can hardly tell that there is makeup present. I also love the packaging, very sanitary and the easiest way to get the most product. However, even with powder, it fades after only 4 hours. Really disappointing... sigh. Back to Sephora it goes.