Chanel Cristalle

3.8

on 7/26/2006 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

If you want a fragrance that will give you a 'Zing' when you put it on... and then change subtly to a warmer, complex and inhale-worthy scent, then this is for you.

I have been wearing it for 18 years, and altho' I've flirted with other scents, I've always come back to this one.

It has been described as being quite summery... but it is also energising in winter. Go for it all year round is what I say.

I'm glad not everybody likes it, because it means it isn't instantly recognisable and makes people wonder what you're up to... if you know what I mean.

on 7/14/2006 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I've always been fond of Cristalle as I received a form of it, a cooling body veil, as a gift from the company when I answered a survey that came with a bottle of it. This was in the early 1990s; I don't know if they still make the body veil, but I still have it and the original bottle, just a little left in each, and they both smell as good as the day I bought them.

The fact that I still like Cristalle as much as I did almost 15 years ago says a lot for this fragrance. It's a classic and well worth a try if you're looking for a new summer scent.

on 6/16/2006 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

Wow... I wore it in he 70's... and now I'm wearing it again! And i STILL LOVE IT!

It starts fresh and lemony green... kinda bubbly fresh. The drydown pulls kinda kool-aid fruity... but in a good way.

And it LASTS ALL DAY!

on 6/11/2006 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This may be fresh and transparent on others, but on me it's sticky sweet, very sharp, very clingy and very unpleasant. I don't get any honeysuckle (which is a fragrance I adore) nor any freshness whatsoever. I've tried both EdT and EdP, and they both clash with my chemistry. I'll just stick to my beloved no. 19 and leave this one to those who wear it well.

on 5/11/2006 10:28:00 PM

Aside from the horrible packaging, Cristalle does live up to its name, sparkling, transparents, crisp and expensive. If those ultra cold, modern and sleek famous architectures have a scent to them, then Cristalle will be it because it smells like nothing! An undescribable appealing fragrance so faint that you will want to take a second whiff to make sure you were not hallucinating. So prestigiously stunning that it lacks warmthness. If you want to feel like a radiant white dress goddess who is too good to fall in love, this is the scent that you will love.

on 4/4/2006 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My review is for the EDP, which I find vastly preferable to the EDT (I know, I know, the EDT is a classic, it's the first, etc). Along with the No. 19 EDP, it's my favourite Chanel. I rarely wear either, though, and very recently realized it's because bergamot makes me melancholy. That is a very apt description of this particular fragrance--perfectly balanced, achingly beautiful, warm like the late afternoon as the day moves away from us: Unbelievably melancholy. A Tennessee Williams heroine would have worn this.

on 3/28/2006 11:56:00 AM

I love Cristalle EDT and have worn it for 10 years with minor forays into other fragrances but always come back to Cristalle.

on 3/11/2006 10:01:00 AM

Beautiful, fresh scent. My favourite perfume together with No 19. If you like citrus/ fresh scent, you'll love it! very elegant.

on 3/4/2006 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got my first bottle at age 14 (a little sophisticated for me then, but I always had good taste so I fell in love ;) A beautiful, clean classic fragrance like Cristalle will never go out of style.

on 1/28/2006 9:38:00 AM

I am never without this wonderful fragrance - it is perfect for spring and summer. I normally use the EDP which lasts all day with a wonderful sillage. To me it smells like a fresh cut hayfield or a freshly mown lawn, with intriguing notes of fruit, honeysuckle and citrus. A VERY classy fragrance which will take you anywhere. If you want to smell unusual, fresh and elegant give this a try on your next visit to the fragrance counter, you might be surprised.......

Popular Fragrances