November 22, 2014 | 1602 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 7:45:00 AM More reviews by msmazeppa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've always been fond of Cristalle as I received a form of it, a cooling body veil, as a gift from the company when I answered a survey that came with a bottle of it. This was in the early 1990s; I don't know if they still make the body veil, but I still have it and the original bottle, just a little left in each, and they both smell as good as the day I bought them.

The fact that I still like Cristalle as much as I did almost 15 years ago says a lot for this fragrance. It's a classic and well worth a try if you're looking for a new summer scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... I wore it in he 70's... and now I'm wearing it again! And i STILL LOVE IT!

It starts fresh and lemony green... kinda bubbly fresh. The drydown pulls kinda kool-aid fruity... but in a good way.

And it LASTS ALL DAY!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This may be fresh and transparent on others, but on me it's sticky sweet, very sharp, very clingy and very unpleasant. I don't get any honeysuckle (which is a fragrance I adore) nor any freshness whatsoever. I've tried both EdT and EdP, and they both clash with my chemistry. I'll just stick to my beloved no. 19 and leave this one to those who wear it well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by bckbbb

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aside from the horrible packaging, Cristalle does live up to its name, sparkling, transparents, crisp and expensive. If those ultra cold, modern and sleek famous architectures have a scent to them, then Cristalle will be it because it smells like nothing! An undescribable appealing fragrance so faint that you will want to take a second whiff to make sure you were not hallucinating. So prestigiously stunning that it lacks warmthness. If you want to feel like a radiant white dress goddess who is too good to fall in love, this is the scent that you will love.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the EDP, which I find vastly preferable to the EDT (I know, I know, the EDT is a classic, it's the first, etc). Along with the No. 19 EDP, it's my favourite Chanel. I rarely wear either, though, and very recently realized it's because bergamot makes me melancholy. That is a very apt description of this particular fragrance--perfectly balanced, achingly beautiful, warm like the late afternoon as the day moves away from us: Unbelievably melancholy. A Tennessee Williams heroine would have worn this.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by svakaskutla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Cristalle EDT and have worn it for 10 years with minor forays into other fragrances but always come back to Cristalle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by fruchttasche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, fresh scent. My favourite perfume together with No 19. If you like citrus/ fresh scent, you'll love it! very elegant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 6:25:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got my first bottle at age 14 (a little sophisticated for me then, but I always had good taste so I fell in love ;) A beautiful, clean classic fragrance like Cristalle will never go out of style.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2006 9:38:00 AM More reviews by 5lover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am never without this wonderful fragrance - it is perfect for spring and summer. I normally use the EDP which lasts all day with a wonderful sillage. To me it smells like a fresh cut hayfield or a freshly mown lawn, with intriguing notes of fruit, honeysuckle and citrus. A VERY classy fragrance which will take you anywhere. If you want to smell unusual, fresh and elegant give this a try on your next visit to the fragrance counter, you might be surprised.......

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 7:02:00 AM More reviews by jo1576

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Add me to the list of people who love this fragrance! I never thought I would actually buy a Chanel perfume, because whenever I sniffed them from the test bottles they always made my nose curl. But after reading the reviews here, my curiousity grew, so during my next visit to Ulta I sprayed some Cristalle (the EDT) on my wrist. Needless to say, I loved it immediately. To me, it smells fresh and sweet, and similar to some perfume oils I once bought while I was in the Middle East. I can definitely pick up the honeysuckle notes, with my body chemistry it stands out a lot. Actually trying on fragrances rather than just smelling them from the bottles makes all the difference, as all of Chanel's scents that I've tried smell nothing like they do in the bottle when I wear them. My husband can't stop sniffing me whenever I wear this, and he claims it smells like fresh peas straight out of the pods (not sure if that's normally a good or bad thing, but he loves it). I also love the sample I have of No. 5, which hubby liked on me also. I would definitely buy this again, but next time I think I'll see if I can find it cheaper online, $55 for a perfume is pretty steep, even for me! =O