December 18, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I have a habit of slathering on too much lotion, then having to wait an age for it to sink in. Not great for a person with my level of impatience. But with this lotion it doesn't matter - I can be slap-happy because the consistency is light enough to avoid making my skin an oil slick. Yet, even though the texture is fairly runny, it leaves my skin feeling really moisturised, velvety and smooth. And, unlike with other body lotions/creams/oils/butters I've tried, the feeling lasts for a couple of days! I love the fact, too, that it is 98.3% natural, with lots of oils (sunflower, coconut, soybean, canola and vegetable), natural waxes, aloe vera juice, and, of course, milk powder and honey. About the smell: on me it's sweet and milky, with a hint of coconut and, weirdly, a slight mintiness. I've scored it 4/5 because I'd prefer a different smell -something a bit less cloying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jungleberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I am surprised by this product. I thought it was going to be sticky but it goes on very runny yet moisturizers deeply. Love the natural scent it leaves too, doesn't bother me if I eat anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

EDIT: 2 months later and I think this is my HG! I have absolutely fallen in love with this and have just purchased my 2nd bottle. It smells great, moisturizes, natural and animal-friendly. The only downside is its price. AU$20 lasts me about 2 months. It's definitely worth it though!

Smells absolutely divine. Like milk and honey and soap, I can't even describe it! The scent lasts for a few hours as well, unlike most body lotions/creams.

I actually like the runny consistency as I can spread it on my skin more easily. It is also quite moisturizing. Someone gave this to me as a gift and I would definitely repurchase. Pity they don't sell it in a bigger size and it's expensive here in Australia!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Cecilology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It moisturizes well, smells wonderful, and goes on/soaks in really quickly. It's great lotion overall, and it doesn't irritate the eczema on my legs.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very light weight lotion going on. It feels more watery than creamy. It doesn't really soak in so much as spread out and leave a thin waxy and shiny residue on your skin. There is also nothing pleasant about the scent. I thought maybe it's the kind of product that you see results from over time... but as I continue to use it (and I am determined to use it all haha) I don't see any overall improvement in my skin. As soon as the residue is washed off my skin feels more dry.

I do appreciate that it is paraben and pthalate free and the packaging is made from 90% recycled material and is recycable... and it will be recycled shortly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by portalhop

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This costs about the same as a B&BW lotion and it works infinitely better. This lotion actually sinks into my skin and provides moisture, without balling up on top. The smell is a little odd and a lot of people dislike it, so smell this before you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by breezyleezy80

I love the smell. It is a great moisturizer but a little pricey, you pay for the quality of the ingredients I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ambr

The trick with this lotion is to SMELL IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!! Do not buy it online. This lotion does contain dried milk and I think if this stuff sits on the shelf for long enough, it will start to smell pretty bad. Afterall, this is truly an all-natural product. I got a travel size bottle a few months ago and the smell was incredible! Like milky coconut with a bit of honey. I loved it, my boyfriend loved it and a little goes a very long way. I love this moisturizer! It's wonderful to my dry skin and is a great lotion for freshly-shaved legs. I bought a new bottle, opened it up to use it and the smell was completely vile. I plan on returning the icky smelling bottle in exchange for a newer, better smelling one. Lesson learned - smell it before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I was looking for a really good milk and honey lotion because I had this soap (milk and honey) that would leave my skin incredibly soft. Honey is very good for your skin and you can even mix it with some sugar or salt to make a really good scrub.
To me this lotions smells really good! But not like the other smelly lotions. This one seems to stay longer and lingers around. Its smell even stays on your clothes. I have tons of other smelly type lotions and none of them do the same thing. I like how the consistency is a bit runny because it glides on easily and fast, which for me is good b/c I never take my time to put on lotion. I always put it on after I take a shower so it absorbs more. It feels kind of waxy at first ( I guess b/c of the bees wax) but then absorbs quickly as you rub it in. It doesn't leave my skin super smooth like I thought it would but its does the job and is one of my favorite lotions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mmmmmmm, this actually smells too good to the point of distraction. I'm not surprised at all that people are chasing each other down the street asking what fragrance they are wearing, because it is just that good! I love the consistency too, it feels natural and absorbs really beautifully into the skin. I just wish I could eat it!