October 21, 2014 | 2054 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ambr

The trick with this lotion is to SMELL IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!!! Do not buy it online. This lotion does contain dried milk and I think if this stuff sits on the shelf for long enough, it will start to smell pretty bad. Afterall, this is truly an all-natural product. I got a travel size bottle a few months ago and the smell was incredible! Like milky coconut with a bit of honey. I loved it, my boyfriend loved it and a little goes a very long way. I love this moisturizer! It's wonderful to my dry skin and is a great lotion for freshly-shaved legs. I bought a new bottle, opened it up to use it and the smell was completely vile. I plan on returning the icky smelling bottle in exchange for a newer, better smelling one. Lesson learned - smell it before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 6:31:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

I was looking for a really good milk and honey lotion because I had this soap (milk and honey) that would leave my skin incredibly soft. Honey is very good for your skin and you can even mix it with some sugar or salt to make a really good scrub.
To me this lotions smells really good! But not like the other smelly lotions. This one seems to stay longer and lingers around. Its smell even stays on your clothes. I have tons of other smelly type lotions and none of them do the same thing. I like how the consistency is a bit runny because it glides on easily and fast, which for me is good b/c I never take my time to put on lotion. I always put it on after I take a shower so it absorbs more. It feels kind of waxy at first ( I guess b/c of the bees wax) but then absorbs quickly as you rub it in. It doesn't leave my skin super smooth like I thought it would but its does the job and is one of my favorite lotions!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mmmmmmm, this actually smells too good to the point of distraction. I'm not surprised at all that people are chasing each other down the street asking what fragrance they are wearing, because it is just that good! I love the consistency too, it feels natural and absorbs really beautifully into the skin. I just wish I could eat it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good body lotion if you want really soft skin (and who WOULDN'T want soft skin?). There's not much else I can say about how well the product works. It just works!

The smell of the lotion is pretty nice too. It isn't a glamorous smell or anything like that, but it's more like a lovely natural smell. It isn't an overwhelming scent either, which is actually quite refreshing. Sometimes, I just want to smell clean; I don't want to smell like perfume 24/7.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff ... a woman walked past me on the street and when caught a whiff of the sillage I had to chase her down and ask what fragrance she was wearing. Her answer was definitely surprising!

As others have mentioned, besides the heavenly scent (I agree with the posters below who mention coconut, vanilla and pipe tobacco - nothing stunning, but a yummy comfort scent. My boyfriend loves it), it is incredibly moisturizing without leaving your skin greasy. The consistency is slightly runny, although a little bit goes a long way and it absorbs quickly. I like to apply it right after showering and shaving while my skin is slightly damp to lock in the moisture. The scent's staying power is pretty amazing too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I cannot get over how good this lotion smells! It isnt greasy on the skin at all, I use this after i shave and it doesnt burn like some other lotions. I am happy with Burt's Bees on this product :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Panther4011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a small bottle of this for my hands at work and everytime I would put it on my coworkers would go gaga over the scent. It is so sweet and comforting, like vanilla pudding or coconut cream pie. It's a bit runny, but not too bad and for some reason I feel it has a sort of waxy texture and I kinda like it. It is very moisturizing and I love using this when I travel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this lotion! Makes my legs silky, my skin luminous and does it ever last! Another must-have product from Burt's. The smell is delicious, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by hadas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, the scent: A few days ago I smelled this on a lady and I almost fell over! It was the most beautiful honeyed pipe tobacco smell...When she told me what it was I rushed right out and bought a bottle. The smell really is incredible. I totally agree with the previous reviewer who said pipe tobacco - that's what the sillage smells like to me as well. I think that the scent is primarily vanilla and coconut, but for some reason it smells very tobacco-ish! The scent is divine and luckily it lasts and lasts on me.

As for moisturization, it just can't be beat. The lotion is beige in color, slightly runny in consistency, and leaves my dry skin soft and supple all day - literally hours after applying I touch my skin and it still feels dewey and moisturized. I can't remember any other body lotion that I can say that about. I purchased this at The Vitamin Shoppe for only $6.95, which was a steal because it sells for several dollars more elsewhere. I love this, only positive things to say about it, which is rare for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by winian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this lotion! I have used it for quite a few years now, but can't always afford it. It smells so good i want to eat it! And my skin does, soaks it right up, leaving me moisturized all day. I'd have to say it's my favorite lotion.