July 29, 2014 | 2016 users online

Foundations - Philosophy - the supernatural airbrush canvas

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by margaretshelton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does not cover my redness, and it looks powdery. It's like it never blends into my skin and disappears the way BE does when I wear it. I don't like the powder puff package design, and I don't like the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tmilstein

Goodbye BE!
A month ago, I walked into Sephora and decided to try this, even though I had used Bare Escentuals for years. On one side of my face, the "natural" made my face look almost flawless. Better yet, the redness around my nose was covered so well. I compared it to the other side of my face with BE bisque around the nose and the BE foundation in fairly-light over it. There was no comparison. The BE side of my nose looked redder and sometimes when I get oily, the powder shifts, looking powdery in some places and leaving it bare in others. The fairly-light on the rest of my face looked yellow. My pores were larger. There's no comparison. Philosophy is an spf, concealer, and foundation in one + my skin was glowing!
I waited a month to buy it. A MA recommended I try porcelain, but the sample looked ruddier. It didn't make me glow. I went back and bought "natural". After patting my face for such a long time, I thought I'd have a headache, the product finally came to the surface and worked its magic.
I know the puff is "controversial" (LOL). But, a kabuki brush isn't going to give the same flawless look. Plus, it's loose powder. It's a good way to not deal with the normal hassles of loose powder. I'm willing to deal with it, unless they come with an even better alternative.
As for taking up space, with BE, I was taking around their concealer, foundation, and mineral veil. This actually takes up less space than the three full-size products.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this powder foundation in the shade called Natural. I am on my 2nd jar and it seems to be the best for me. I have really oily, pale skin with a lot of redness. Nice, huh? It covers really well-especially if you apply with a foundation brush. I use the Bare Minerals brush as it's stiff and moves the powder around best I use Bare Mineral's face primer under it, (which is excellent btw for $21). The shades are okay and use-able. If only Benefit Get Even in 01 and this stuff could get together. I intend to try this stuff in the 2nd lightest shade called Sand next for summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2008 1:42:00 AM More reviews by leslilly

Terrible. I am so disappointed in this product. I have combo skin - this product accentuates my oily t-zone. I got it in the lightest color, I believe - porcelain. It looks totally off. The color is too dark and it leaves a shimmery hue all over my face. I think it has zinc oxide in it (for the SPF protection)...anyway, very shiny, very unattractive, very expensive especially considering it does not work. Also, the packaging - beware. I accidentally popped off the sponge top and spilled half the contents all over the place. Nice.
Now regarding the "airbrush canvas" claim that they make about this product...I don't get it. I've tried it several times and I look the opposite of airbrushed. What a waste of money and a huge disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dora480

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This truly leaves your face looking flawess... Goes on very smooth, I do use Smashbox Photo Finish Primer w/ the Supernatural and it looks amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I got this foundation in one of the newer shades, Porcelain, which matches my skin perfectly. I had previously used BE foundation in fairly light or Light, and had found fairly light to be just a tiny bit too light on me, and light to be far too yellow to be of any real use to me. Porcelain gives me the right color without all the disgusting yellow undertones. This foundation gives light-medium coverage (leaning more on the light side) and is great for those who just want to even out their skin tone. Coverage is also adjustable by how much you shake the container and whatnot, and I'm sure if you hated the sponge applicator you could just open the thing and dip a brush in. I am probably one of the few people who actually like the sponge on top of this thing, as it makes application fast, easy, and doesn't have the annoying spills that using BE did. It also doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin, so that's nice. I did take off a lippie for the fact that the sponge seems hard to remove, clean, and replace, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the fact that they sell replacement sponges...it definitely makes things more sanitary.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by alliand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start out by saying I LOVE Philosophy and assumed I would love this product too. But...I hated it. In fact I gave it away to one of my friends who also dislikes it. I applied it and looked in the mirror...the reflection I saw staring back was horrifying. My skin looked flat and dry...every little line (and I don't have wrinkles yet) was accentuated...and every little flaw and bump stuck out (and I have fairly normal clear skin). I was disappointed as I LOVE the Philosophy brand and will continue to use their other products...just not this one. In it's defense, I have a sister who tried it and likes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

I love this! I have combo skin, so finding good coverage for my skin is always a challenge. But I've really grown to love and appreciate this one.. I didn't like BE and other mineral foundations much at all - not enough coverage, too shimmery, made my t-zone even oilier, etc. This one has worked really well for me, partly because of the applicator. The sponge gives a good, full coverage and is SO easy to use. Just need to tap it on the skin a few times then blend. I get redness and breakouts sometimes around my nose and forehead, but this covers it up really well and looks great in pictures (the ultimate test for me). I've gotten so dependent on this, haven't even touched the expensive concealer or liquid foundation and brushes in months! This will save me a lot of money and time in the future, as the price is reasonable, it lasts a really long time, and it replaces my need for multiple products.

Keys to making it work well (for me): make sure any dry spots are well moisturized first, otherwise it will emphasize the flakiness; for real concentrated coverage, you can dip a little brush in there and apply it to a spot/pimple; if you are going to be out in humid weather or running around a lot, you can pat a little pressed powder on top to help it last.. but I prefer just re-applying it as needed and this has never caused any problems with my skin. It's supereasy with the mirror on the cap.

It's talc/fragrance free and has SPF..perfect all around. I'm a medium/light skintone Asian and I got this in Beige. Very forgiving color because I can use it Winter/Summer without looking masked.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by HeartBarracuda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had originally written a fairly bad review of this product. I liked it but it didn't have any staying power or the coverage that I needed. I realize now that most of the problem was that I wasn't applying it correctly. Rather than using the attached puff, I now use a wet makeup sponge and apply the makeup a tiny bit at a time. This is time consuming but well worth it. Now that I'm applying correctly this works much better for me. I have terrible rosacea and very sensetive skin. This covers up redness and blends in perfectly, it can't cover up my rosacea bumps, but it isn't really meant to have that level of coverage. When my skin is having a good day though this stuff is perfect. It absorbs into my skin without clogging my pores. It doesn't break me out and it lasts all day. The packaging of this product is horrible unfortunately. The puff is unsanitary and unessesary but you can't really take it off because the makeup is loose it'll spill all over. I wish the puff was optional. This makeup may or may not be the one for me. I need to experiment some more with primers and concealers but its great stuff and I love it so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by jennyclear

Its THE BEST PRODUCT I EVER HAD!!!! I just love it!!!! Of course no product will cover up acne because its bumps, so I think people just get upset that they can't cover up and blame the product.

But this is great, it will work wonders if your face is flawless.

I think this is amazing and I'm so super glad I found it. I LOVE IT!!!! Covers perfectly, makes my face look great! :)

The packaging at the store makes you think, regardless with tape on it, uggh did someone use this? JUST MAKE SURE theres tape lol It needs to be sealed a lot better though.

Its fantastic!!!!

Oh before I used bare minerals that product is shista!!!! IT DOES NOTHING but makes you waste money, it doesn't put anything on, it comes off easily-- ehh I'll save this for their page lol.. but yeh I love this supernatural thing because it doesn't make my face itch!!!!