Sebastian Potion 9

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Guarhydroxypropyltrimonumchloride, Jojoba Seed Oil, Safflower Seed Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PVP, Cetearyl Alcohol, Methyl Gluceth-10, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Fragrance, Panthenol, Imdazoudinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylparaben, Olive Fruit Oil, Orbigyna Olefera Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Disodium EDTA, Stearalkonum Chloride, Sesame Seed Oil, Ethyl Hexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rice Bran Oil, Citric Acid, Orange 4, Camellia Sinesis Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Ext. Violet 2, Red 40 (2012 formula)

on 10/24/2008 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am commenting on the old Potion 9 in the plastic tube. That packaging was terrible, but it now comes in a pump bottle.

I detest the incredible crunch this product gives my hair. (I had to laugh at the potato chip comment by another poster--so true!) Other products might leave a bit of crunchiness that can be improved by scrunching with my fingers, but Potion 9-induced crunch will not die until my hair is shampooed again. It also leaves my hair looking and feeling drier and frizzier than before I shampooed, That's quite an accomplishment. Not many products make my hair look worse than it did before I stepped into the shower.

The other undesirable quality of this product is that it makes my hair three times its normal size. It might actually be a good product for someone who needs more volume, but that's the last thing my hair needs.

I was suckered into buying this product by the fact that a stylist used it (mixed with something else) and somehow managed to make my hair look good. I have absolutely no skill at blow drying my own hair, but somehow I thought this product would work some kind of magic. I realize now that the magic was a professional stylist who was able to blow dry my hair straight. Luckily, I was able to sell this back to the salon that sold it to me.

This was a terrible product for me, but it might be good for someone who wants more volume/body and is good with a blow dryer. For curlies who want a product to smooth and reduce volume, I'd recommend Matrix Sleek Look styling creme.

on 10/22/2008 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Adds light conditioning to my hair, reduces static, and makes it shiny and manageable. It won't add moisture to really dry ends, but is a good everyday product. Comes in a larger size for sitting on the bathroom shelf as well as a TSA-compliant 1.7-oz. tube.

on 10/13/2008 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

FYI--this is being d/c. It is being replaced by a spray formulation.
I found it for 60% off at the styling salon inside my local Wal Mart.
I bought all they had--hope the new one is good, but I am not taking any chances.

on 9/25/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i have repurchased this several times and it really does help the condition of my frizzy dry extremely fine curly hair. i blow it out about every 3 days because i cant stand my curls and it damages my hair, this stuff really helps to prevent the damage and leave my hair frizz free and soft and shiny. i really like it even though it has some silicones and a lot of parabens in it (i try to avoid most silicones and parabens). i definately recommend this if you have dry or damaged frizzy hair!

on 9/21/2008 9:02:00 PM

This product is over-rated. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me but I've tried it many times, and I'm never happy with it. It leaves my hair feeling stiff. I would not repurchase this one.

on 9/13/2008 6:51:00 PM

I Still dont understand, after years of fussing about hair products, what the big deal with this stuff is - I cannot use it for more than 2 days otherwise my ends feel like a crunchy mess - and i've tried a million different amounts - dime size, quarter size, pea size - i still feel like my head is coated with potato chips - crunchy and dry - i wished i liked it though... i like the way the stuff feels in my hand... but NOT in my hair....

on 9/11/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Potion 9 makes my hair INCREDIBLY shiny! Like nothing I have ever used before. It also helps me with my very minimal frizz and makes my hair very soft. For reference, I have thick-ish hair, but every individual hair is fine. It is also a little dry because I heat style it everyday. Potion 9 never fails to make my hair look healthier and it is a staple in my hair care regimen.

on 8/24/2008 10:25:00 AM

I bought this bottle after reading such great reviews everywhere. Lord, made my hair sticky and if i applied a gel on my hair. i didnt like it at all...Im still wondering what is so good about this product...

on 8/5/2008 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My hairdresser recommended this product for my thick, frizzy, wavy hair. She's even used it a few times on my hair after cutting it. I always though it was only "okay", yet I bought it anyways. Not sure what I was thinking, except maybe that my hairdresser knew better than I.
Well, after buying it and using a whole tube, I was not impressed. It did nothing for my frizz, and actually made my hair feel more dry. It did keep the curl very well in my hair either. I will not repurchase.

on 8/3/2008 11:36:00 PM

this is my HG of leave in conditioners! i have very thick straight highlighted hair. i love the way potion 9 makes my hair look after i am done styling it. not to crazy about the scent but it wears off pretty fast. i get frizzy sometimes and this stops the frizzies. i will never stop using this!

Top Rated Sebastian Products