October 21, 2014 | 2072 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Potion 9

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 4:39:00 PM More reviews by curlyheather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

FYI--this is being d/c. It is being replaced by a spray formulation.
I found it for 60% off at the styling salon inside my local Wal Mart.
I bought all they had--hope the new one is good, but I am not taking any chances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have repurchased this several times and it really does help the condition of my frizzy dry extremely fine curly hair. i blow it out about every 3 days because i cant stand my curls and it damages my hair, this stuff really helps to prevent the damage and leave my hair frizz free and soft and shiny. i really like it even though it has some silicones and a lot of parabens in it (i try to avoid most silicones and parabens). i definately recommend this if you have dry or damaged frizzy hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2008 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Lpaul

This product is over-rated. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me but I've tried it many times, and I'm never happy with it. It leaves my hair feeling stiff. I would not repurchase this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

I Still dont understand, after years of fussing about hair products, what the big deal with this stuff is - I cannot use it for more than 2 days otherwise my ends feel like a crunchy mess - and i've tried a million different amounts - dime size, quarter size, pea size - i still feel like my head is coated with potato chips - crunchy and dry - i wished i liked it though... i like the way the stuff feels in my hand... but NOT in my hair....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by xmikimagoo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Potion 9 makes my hair INCREDIBLY shiny! Like nothing I have ever used before. It also helps me with my very minimal frizz and makes my hair very soft. For reference, I have thick-ish hair, but every individual hair is fine. It is also a little dry because I heat style it everyday. Potion 9 never fails to make my hair look healthier and it is a staple in my hair care regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by daniargie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this bottle after reading such great reviews everywhere. Lord, made my hair sticky and if i applied a gel on my hair. i didnt like it at all...Im still wondering what is so good about this product...

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My hairdresser recommended this product for my thick, frizzy, wavy hair. She's even used it a few times on my hair after cutting it. I always though it was only "okay", yet I bought it anyways. Not sure what I was thinking, except maybe that my hairdresser knew better than I.
Well, after buying it and using a whole tube, I was not impressed. It did nothing for my frizz, and actually made my hair feel more dry. It did keep the curl very well in my hair either. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by jennifer0828

this is my HG of leave in conditioners! i have very thick straight highlighted hair. i love the way potion 9 makes my hair look after i am done styling it. not to crazy about the scent but it wears off pretty fast. i get frizzy sometimes and this stops the frizzies. i will never stop using this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by GTPanther08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product smelled pretty good but no way am I buying this again! It makes my hair feel as if it coats each strand with some type of build up causing the hair strands stick to each other and get tangled. Once the hair drys I brush it and the hair is so tangled that it breaks off! I'm so not satisfied with it at all. I don't recommend it to someone with thick coarse frizzy hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 4:05:00 AM More reviews by loveshimmer

I have been using this stuff for about a decade. Its expensive but if you have long frizzy curly mositure starved hair like me, its worth it.you really have to use it enough times, and put enough (but not too much) on your hair to notice a difference. Concentrate on the ends and rub the residue on your hands on the top of your head. Comb through. At this point I keep my hands off my hair till its dry. It leaves my hair soft, shiny and defined. Realy helps bring hair back after being flat ironed. I've tried other stuff but I always come back to this. Got my mom hooked. Her hair looks awesome.cut the bottle open when your out for one last use. If you use other products, put this one on first after you wash. Your gel will work better.