August 30, 2014 | 1570 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been on the hunt for a good drugstore setting powder with a little bit of extra coverage, and this was not it for me. I got a couple shades too light and it still seemed to look fine once I warmed up my face with bronzer. It added the slightest amount of coverage on my cheeks as well, which I appreciated. However 20 minutes after a completely MATTE face, I would start to look oily. It does not "stay matte" as it claims, and although I finished the product, I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in translucent hoping it would do something to my grossly oily t-zone. It didn't do a thing, in fact after a while it just highlighted the oily areas. Its cheap, readily available and didn't break me out, but it sure didn't deliver on it's matte promise. Essence's so far is much, much better than this if you want to control oil production. Also- this has camera flashback which is a no-no.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by FoxTanFauxPas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My go to drugstore powder. I am NC20/25 and just buy the translucent shade. Keeps me shine free for 6 or 7 hours, then if I am still out and need a touch up, I keep something else with sturdier packaging in my purse! That's my only gripe with this powder, packaging isn't travel friendly and no mirror. Packaging top cracks easily so that's a problem if you do want to keep this in your purse or an on the go makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by lndtng

This powder didn't keep me matte for long, but for the price I guess it's expected. I really dislike the packaging though, it's so cheap and fragile. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this nor would I buy it again. I wouldn't say it was totally bad, but you can find better.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a decent product, but if you're expecting more coverage from this product then I don't recommend this for you. We all want great coverage, and this doesn't really give that. If you already have flawless and radiant gorgeous skin, then you would look wonderful with this on you.

The Pros: It has a nice smell, the packaging is decent, it's not cakey when you first put it on, The lasting power is phenomenal.

The Cons: Little coverage (but at least it keeps you matte so it's a win)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This powder leans very pink, which isn't good if you're like me and have warm toned skin. It's *too* matte for my liking, meaning it accentuates any dry area, find line, pimple, or other imperfection. It doesn't make foundation, concealer, whatever stay put why better. Not to mention, it breaks me out something fierce. I wish it worked for me, because it's a great price and comes with quite a bit of product, but I just had to throw it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jellybeanmusician

For some reason, the review wouldn't let me put 5 stars for everything! But anyways, I went to Target with my friend and I was looking for a matte that would get rid of my shine and set my foundation. I have oily skin by the way. I also bought a face brush from elf, and it works really well together! The claims are all accurate, and I love the little glitter that's in the matte. It brushes and blends in fine, and it really allows coverage all over your face which is nice. At the end of the day, a little bit of oil is present, but it's waaaayyyyy better than it was before. Overall, I would reccommend this product to anyone and would buy it again because the price was only 2 dollars for me!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I see a lot of young gals reviewing this powder but I'm 38 and dry and I like it too! I used it for awhile last year and don't remember what brush I used, but I didn't like how the powder looked. This time I used the Elf Kabuki and it turns out this powder looks GREAT on me. Nice finish with blurred pores & imperfections. I usually wear it over BB cream or my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation. Give it a try, it's so cheap you won't regret it if you don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by ozbeautyxx

Like it - not a big fan of Rimmel in the past but this has changed my mind. Really like it - good to use to contour my cheekbones and jaw. Sets my foundation and a good colour, doesn't turn orange!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

i love this powder so much! the packaging's kind of annoying because it's not in a compact and that's what i prefer a powder to be in. it doesn't have a mirror or a sponge so its hard to use on the go. i got the color transparent because i like transparent powders best for setting my makeup because they don't add any other color. it's a good price, it's around $3.97 at walmart which is a good deal. i love this powder because i feel like it keeps me shine-free than any other powder i've tried. and if you have a hard time with keeping your face matte, you would love this. it keeps me matte for a long time and i really like it.