April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Jadalyn87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after hearing rave reviews about it. After wearing it for a day and a half, it broke out my face horribly and I hardly get breakouts!! Just a few here and there right before my period only. My chin and lower jaw line were pimpling out super disgustingly more cystic like and would not come to a head!!! And I had bumps here and there on my cheeks that I've never had before. After reading the ingredient list, I found that "mineral oil" was one of the ingredients and was probably the contributor to my breakouts! I was super disappointed as I bought the color in sand and it looked great on my MUFE 123 skin. I am now trying to get my skin under control again and will not be purchasing this product again. Best spend your money on a higher end products and save the breakouts!!

Here is an actual reliable source stating the real ingredients. The ingredients listed on MUA is WRONG and INACCURATE so don't be fool by it and do your research!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by KellyBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing!!!! I don't have the money to buy some Mac matte powder but this does the job just a well for such a great price. It just blends foundation and makes you look clean and fresh! Of your foundation wears off just apply this an it will look nice and clean ! It doesn't last that long, which sucks but I feel like no makeup really does last that long. It all depends on how oily your skin is and for me my skin is super oily. So I recommend this to anyone! Also the transparent color is the best it works with every skin tone

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZING. I will never buy another department store pressed powder again. The only thing that sucks about it, is it doesn't come with a sponge. This stuff is no joke.. for the price you really can't go wrong. Who knew Rimmel made such kick a$$ cosmetics.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

okay i havent actually tried this product out YET but when i do i will update this review accordingly.

as rimmel isnt available in my country readily, ive found a way to get this still AND at the cheapest cost.

ASOS is the answer, me ladies.

rimmel isconstantly on sale there, and even if its not, wait for them to go on sale + use their discount codes. i got this powder at 2.50 pounds after sales and had an extra 30% off thanks to the discount code.

you do the math. hehe

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't exactly LOVE this pressed powder, as I find that MAC's Blot Powder performs better for my oily T-zone, but considering this is more inexpensive (especially during drugstore buy one get one half off sales) and more accessible, I am going to go ahead and three star-it.

I actually picked up this product several years ago, when I had forgotten to pack my Blot Powder during a vacation. I ran into a Walgreens and this had the word "Matte" in its product name, so I assumed it would do. I'm Silky Beige in this product and Medium Dark in Blot Powder. At the time I used the pressed powder to set mineral foundation and it doesn't seem to impart too much color, which I like. Sure the lack of a mirror sucks, but the removable plastic top functioned as a great reservoir for mixing my mineral foundations to match my skin tone. Another "suck" factor is the lack of a powder puff, but you can of course purchase one rather and insert it into the compact. I feel this does do a decent job of setting foundation, but as I mentioned earlier, my oily T-zone seems to break down this powder more quickly than blot powder and I don't bother to include this is in my touch up make-up bag due to the lack of a mirror.

Nonetheless, I must have really liked this powder to use it enough to hit pan, but I most recently stopped wearing foundation (out of laziness), so I abandoned this pressed powder. I'm going to incorporate it back in to my beauty regimen as my Blot Powder is once again running low and hopefully use it up before I can definitively decide whether it warrants repurchasing or whether there's some other superior drugstore pressed powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2414

I really liked this product. In a pressed powder I look for the fact that it keeps me matte all day and keeps my concealer in place and sets it. This powder totally does that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Isabelle0203

I really love the stay matte by Rimmel because it gives off amazing coverage that lasts for ages and it is easy to use! At first I wasn't sure about it but after a week or two I was using it everyday! It is priced around £3-£4 witch is a really affordable price! I would seriously recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by natalielui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder really keeps you matte for hours. My nose is very oily and when using other powders, it becomes shiny within half an hour of applying makeup. When I use this powder though, it does keep the shine at bay for approximately four hours before the shine seeps through. The funny thing is, this powder isn't quite as effective if it's used alone without foundation underneath.

The packaging is quite cheap, but when taking the price of this into consideration, that is not a problem at all. Highly recommend this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by projectRun

I love this product to death. I can not see myself using another press powder ever again. It controls my oily T-Zone and for the price you can not beat. I have used the MUF HD powder and I very much enjoyed that product as well however the price is too expensive for my budget. After reviewing both products, I can proudly say that the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder is just as good the MUF HD powder and for the price you can not say no to. The only thing I do not like about this product is the packing. The packing is really cheap and the cap falls off pretty easily. But you have to keep in mind, you are paying about $5 for this product and it works just as great as a product that is $36 (MUF). So the packing does not bother me as much as some individuals. I have also yet to receive trouble from the packing while traveling as the cap is not very tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There's a lot of hype about this product for a reason; it's so amazing. I love a lot of things about this powder; it keeps me matte all day, is super long lasting and feels light on the skin. The packaging can be finicky, but I keep mine in a bin and don't travel with it, so it's worked out fine.

But the #1 reason why I adore this product is because it prevents my eyeliner from smearing. I have hooded eyes, but I love the look of a thick liner to make them pop. The problem is that the skin above my eyelid sits right on top of where I put eyeliner. It's fine when my face is in a neutral expression, but as soon as I raise my eyebrows you can see a huge amount of smearing on my eyelid from the skin touching the eyeliner. I thought this was the eyeliner's problem, so I've tried a bunch of different ones (including waterproof). I've found that if I put some of the Stay Matte powder on an eyeshadow brush and dab it onto my eyelid as if it were an eyeshadow, then my eyeliner doesn't smear AT ALL. Perhaps it's because the oils on my eyelid aren't smearing the eyeliner, or maybe it sets the eyeliner. Either ways, it's saved me from my smearing problems.

Long story short, this product is definitely a holy grail item for me. Love, love, love it!