October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lolita97

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For some reason a lot of people seem to like this product. the packaging is nice and so is the price but i dont understand the hype. The finish is okay: my face looks a little powdery and its not that natural looking. The product also seems to disappear after about an hour an a half AND it breaks me out. soo really its kinda crappy, the mac studio fix powder plus foundation has a wayyyy better finish (silky, smooth look) and last about 6-7 hours on me ( although it also breaks me out). Ive also heard that the revlon nearly naked powder is great, a friend of mine wears it and i could never tell she was wearing makeup her skin just looked matte and flawless <3

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Foundationfiend

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Considering I have oily skin which eats makeup, this powder keeps me looking as good as I did in the morning all the way to the night with only 2 applications throughout the day! Although the packaging is a bit cheap and plasticky I can compromise as this product is the bees knees.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

The finish and sheer deposit of color are perfect but its not very mattifying or long lasting. I have dry skin with a shiny T-zone. This only does the job for about 2 hours before dissapearing, and I'm not even oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I like this powder A LOT. But I gave it 4/5 because the packaging sucks (you get what you pay for) and when I go a little overboard I feel like it emphasizes my pores. But because I can get super oily especially in the summer I like to have this on hand. The transparent color doesn't make my skin too pale looking or wash me out and I like that I can wear this by itself and it covers up my discoloration and takes away the shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by thourigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Here it is, folks: my HG pressed powder. I have constantly and will constantly repurchase this stuff after I finish a pan. My t-zone turns into an oily mess in the winter, and this stuff usually swoops in and saves the day. Keeps me relatively matte all day without need of re-application. I actually strayed a couple months ago and purchased Coty's Airspun powder because of how much you got in a container, I thought it was a better deal. Bad idea, my face immediately turned into an oil slick, no matter what primer or foundation I put it over. Got another pan of the Stay Matte and my face was quickly oil-free again.

I love this stuff. I always get the translucent shade, and it does what it's supposed to--provides oil control and setting power without adding color to my face. Combined with my Photo Finish Smashbox primer and my Maybelline Dream Liquid foundation, this stuff keeps me mostly matte throughout my 9-hour school and workday.

Will be repurchasing for the rest of my makeup-using days.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by stjustice

This a pretty decent powder for setting foundation, it doesn't give too much coverage. It's really good for setting though!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by veromq

Highly recommend this! Its inexpensive and work wonders. Packaging is really cheap but you cant ask more for the price you are paying. It makes your skin really matte (hence the name), so if you don't like a matte look you should pass this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Hannah5777

This powder is great! It keeps your foundation in place most of the day. It is the best powder I have tried yet, a weakness of this though is it's packaging as it is plastic so it is very easy to break. The value is good especially for how much product you get thanks for reading check my other reviews, hannah5777

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by erinmikk

The best powder you can buy for such a great price! I love how my face doesn't look oily at the end of the day, with my oily skin. The only complaint is the packaging. Although mine didn't break, the lid isn't so sturdy. I'll never use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by slittle90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! When Maybelline recently discontinued their dream matte powder and replaced it with a terrible product I was on the hunt for a new powder. I needed something that was good for a very fair skin tone and that would control oil. I found this and it does the trick! I got it in translucent - it makes my skin look flawless and does seem to keep the oil at bay. Also, you can't beat the price. On sale I can find it for 5$. Thanks Rimmel!