July 28, 2014 | 2244 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by AliceIsMadeOfMakeup

I have light warm beige skin so I thought it would make sense to buy this in Natural. I was pleasantly surprised with the price (I think it was about $4). I think it's pretty buildable and provides a nice matte look. I do have to use a bit more than I would like to get the desired look I want (completely matte all over) but it isn't really expensive and there's a decent amount in the container to begin with. As far as touch ups go, I usually head to the bathroom to powder the t-zone an hour and a half to two hours after originally applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The holy grail of matte powders! I never would have thought that this insanely cheap, drug store brand would be my go to for shine free skin!!! I only use the translucent, sometimes on top of BB cream or alone in the summer and it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is excellent after foundation powder! It really leaves you with that matte look. None of the grainy "I just put powder on" look. I'm really picky and this product is cheap and works great!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Minjeec

The price is nice. I have in transparent and it does really make me look matte, but not really in a good way. I dont know if its because im applying it too heavily but it makes my skin look very dry and flakey. Especially under my eyes and if you have small bumps on your skin. Not sure if i would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by tuckerdout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sunscreen makes my skin look a little too oily, so I put this powder in 012 Buff Beige over it when I'm in a hurry to get to work everyday and it takes away the shininess!
The package is annoying because instead of a compact with a lid that flips open, it just has a lid that you lift off the top.
Also, the finish doesn't last as long as I would like, but for the price I can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent and practical product that I've been repurchasing for years! I use 001 transparent. Great for minimising pores, shine and sealing in your foundation. Definitely need to tap off the excess powder before applying to skin as it can go on quite heavy and powdery looking. Absolute bargain product so won't complain! Packaging very plasticy and non descript but again, for such a steal it's not important!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is a little heavy, but overall works well for setting foundation and minimizing both oil and the appearance of pores. Unfortunately, with my neutral skin tone, this is just too yellow to work for me. For reference I am using this in 'Transparent 001', and my foundation is MUFE HD in 110.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Super thick powdery consistency, great for a matte look and setting liquid foundation! Minimizes pore appearance and it also controls oil, I really like this product! Lasts pretty decently on my greasy skin! It smells nice, like a clean fresh scent but not overwhelming at all! For around $6 it's not really a great deal, because it does not provide a mirror or a sponge applicator for easy application during the day. The packaging is also very cheap and unsafe to use for carrying it around, both reasons why I took a lippie off the rating. This is one of those powders you have to use once a day in the morning and leave it at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first pressed powder! I am using 001 TRANSPARENT

This product promises to control shine for 5 hours and help minimize the appearance of pores.

Unfortunately, it did not last 5 hours for me; instead only 2-3 hours. It did minimize the appearance of the pores though! So it's alright.

I would buy this again though, because we can always re-apply after the 2 hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best setting powder I have tried, and trust me there has been many (from high end to super cheap) I was always under the impression, the more you pay for a make up product the better it is. Well. Not true. This stuff is super cheap, and works like a charm. I have super oily skin, and this sets my foundation perfectly. I am shine free for hours, which is pretty darn impressive since, with most products, I am usually an oily mess mid day. I wish I could give this 5 lippies, however the packing totally sucks. It's hard to open and close and just seems poorly designed. Get on trend with regular pressed powder packing Rimmel and I will love you to the moon and back. I will however continue to repurchase this and look passed the poor packaging because the performance of this powder is aaaaamazing. A must buy for oily skinned gals, for sure!