September 19, 2014 | 832 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely nurturing hand cream. One of the best out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

My hands tend to be on the dry side as I wash my hands often and this product is amongst the few that helps counter the drying effect of hand soap without leaving your skin feeling oily/greasy. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized. I am quite sensitive to fragrance primarily floral scents so this works for me even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by simpletheory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best hand cream for Canadian winters, hands down! the scent is light, not something so obnoxious and in your face. the shea butter-based cream absorbs well into the skin without feeling greasy. and when you wash your hands, they still feel soft! if you like scents, they do have different scents (the limited edition desert rose is a favourite!). i used to use those anti-bacterial lotions from bath and body works and i feel like they don't moisturize my skin at all, i would have to constantly re-apply. but not with this hand cream, a little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only hand cream I have ever come across that actually works. (Well, possibly Burt's Bees also would have worked if I would have gotten over the stench but I couldn't bring myself to give that one a proper trial)

It's expensive but I only ever use it if I have really dry hands, which isn't that often. It turns them back around in no time. I have used other hand creams before when your hands feel kind of soft for an hour or so but then you have to reapply to get the same effect. This actually seems to help my hands help themselves, so to speak.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've heard rave reviews for a long time about this product, but I'm not sold. I purchased it recently, and do not love it as much as my Aveda hand creme. It's nice, but it's not incredibly moisturizing and doesn't have the greatest smell either, although it does smell nice and clean. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by amyskal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This rich cream is excellent for flying. I travel quite a bit and its small size works well in a carry on. It has a light scent that I like (as opposed to many lotions that are strongly perfumed and smell sweet or fruity). It absorbs well and keeps my hands from cracking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:42:00 PM More reviews by ksedinge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my very favorite hand cream ever--I have not been without a tube for the past five years. It is very rich and seems to almost instantly repair the skin on my hands, giving them a smooth, soft look. I'm pretty hard on my hands--washing many times each day, riding my bike in wind and sun without gloves, living in the desert--and this is the best cream I've had for preventing dry, scaly hands. It doesn't sink in right away and is somewhat greasy, but I sort of like that, especially since it does work and doesn't just sit on top of the skin. I personally love the powdery scent, though I don't find that it lingers for more than 30 minutes or so. The packaging isn't my favorite, as the label always seems to come off, leaving a metal tube covered with sticky residue, but it's something I can deal with. Overall, one of my favorite indulgences!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by badkitty82

Some products you just have to try because they are cult products. L'Occitane Hand Cream is one of them. The tube is not my style (boring packaging) and the scent is awful, but it does what it's supposed to - help dry hands and for that reason I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:40:00 AM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this nice scented cream. It is great for very dry hands because it's quite thick and fat, so it take some minutes to sink in, but it's nothing that bothers me. What bothers me is that when I wash my hands in the morning I feel like a little parts of it runs off, as if it does not sink in completely during the night. I often feel that with drugstore hand creams and this one is definitely not a drugstore cream. Another thing thats bothers me is the soft metal tube. It's not good at all because it quickly becomes a hole on it when I press, especially on the part that is almost empty and I want to get out as much product as possible. Anyway, I still like this cream, it makes my hand really soft during the winter but I don't know if I will repurchase it. I prefer Clarins hand cream over this one, right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Jdelivera

I have been using this for years and have tried many other hand creams including most of the other l'occitane hand creams. I have found that this one provides the most intensive moisture. It is great for even the driest skin. Feels greasy at first but after a minute or so that feeling goes away and you are left with beautiful soft non-greasy hands !