L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Hand Cream

4.1

Aqua/Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Fruit Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Xanthan Gum, Parfum/Fragrance, Polyacrylamide, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ceteareth-33, Alcohol Denat, Laureth-7, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Gerional

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was expecting a hand cream that was better than average because of the price and the hype I'd heard but it left my hands very waxy, it sat on top of my skin, my hands feel drier after using it, I'm assuming because before I go to sleep I use the Bath and Body Works True Blue Body Balm 100% shea so skipping a few night and using L'Occitane my hands didn't get the moisture they are used too. I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this overpriced super waxy hand cream,

on 9/6/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like the smell, but it's too rich for my hands.
leaves grease on my hands for awhile, so I don't like to use it often.
Maybe at night right before I go to bed.

It's alright, but wouldn't buy it next time.

on 9/1/2012 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only hand cream I use now just wish it wasn't so expensive!. I don't have very dry hands but I just find it such an indulgent treat and I adore the scent. It sinks in quickly even though it feels quite rich. I do have the tube winder key which helps to get every last bit out and stops the tube from cracking. Using this along with cuticle oil twice a day has given me hands and nails I can finally be happy with so it's worth the price tag to me.

on 8/25/2012 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I started out liking this hand cream a lot but just find the smell too strong now. Its very thick and waxy but doesn't seem to sink into the skin to really moisturise. I am also annoyed at the metal tube which looks all crumpled and will be hard to push the last of the product out of with potential wastage.

on 8/25/2012 9:26:00 AM

I gave this cream a lot of chances to work its magic because I love the thick consistency of it. But it never even absorbed properly. It feels like a wax film on my hands. And it doesn't provide long-term hydration. I had to reapply it frequently but my skin did not feel hydrated anyway. Disappointed

on 8/24/2012 5:54:00 AM

This is one on my staples.. I love this hand cream, I use it on the go and pop the travel sized ones in my bag.. it really makes my hands and nails so healthy.. the only thing is probably the price which makes it a little hard to stock up!! I do love the shea butter though...

If I do find a cheaper dupe I will change to that but I do love this product, the smell is lovely and the consistency is a thick cream which I prefer on my hands.. especially for winter

on 8/12/2012 1:31:00 AM

The L'Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream is a lovely hand cream which has a very luxurious texture. My hands feel hydrated and soft after applying but i realise that the effect is only temporary. It does nothing to the dry patches if you don't apply it regularly ie; after every handwash.

My tube of 20% shea butter hand cream comes in the limited edition packaging which is a bonus :)

Will i repurchase this? Maybe, because it feels luxurious when applied however the effects are somewhat temporary. Also in where I live, the cream cost a lot. I guess I would have to think twice before repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There's a reason why this cream has become a cult product...and its simply coz it performs, it does what it claims to!

Its is a thick cream, very emoliant, easy to spread, easily absorbed and non greasy. And though it is very expensive, you just need a pea sized amount.

It has a very mild subtle fragrance but I prefer the lavender fragrance of the foot cream. I'm on my fourth tube and I will repurchase.

on 7/27/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is GREAT! super moisturising and non greasy.. thou it is expensive i think its worth it.

on 7/27/2012 1:24:00 PM

I work in the hospital and this hand cream is NOT moisturizing enough for my hands. I use alcohol foam (62% alcohol content) more than 80 times per day in the hospital and the high alcohol content destroys my hand. I use L'Occitane hand cream after I use the alcohol foam or wash my hands. It makes my hands feel soft for an hour then my hands begin to dry out again.

Texture: Very creamy and thick. It's NOT greasy or oily but it leaves a waxy film on my hands. This is probably due the the chemical emulsifiers that are present in this hand cream. It is NOT the most natural hand cream you can buy on the market and I care about the ingredients in the skin care I use. It contains lots of questionable chemical ingredients and paraben that I can't even pronounce.

Smell: It's NOT overpowering but it does smell like some sort of synthetic fragrance added to the baby lotion. In fact, many people said that they smell baby diaper cream after I put on this hand cream in the hospital. So I think this hand cream smells pleasant but it smells like baby lotion or diaper cream.

Price: It's $26 (U.S. dollar) for a large 5 OZ. tube ($5.2 per OZ.) or $10 for an 1 OZ. tube. It's pricey but NOT as expansive as the department store brands like Clarins or Jurlique. However, I believe I can find cheaper and better hand creams at health food stores.

Package: I hate the packaging. It's in a soft metal tube that looks like an acrylic paint tube. It's hard to squeeze out the cream. I don't think the soft metal tube is recyclable.

Overall I think this is a great hand cream for daily use but it's NOT suitable for me since I work in the hospital. I prefer fragrance free hand cream with natural moisturizing oils. This hand cream is just not moisturizing for my hands especially I use alcohol foam very frequently at my job. I'm going to search for an organic hand cream in the health food or organic food stores that will work better for me.