September 18, 2014 | 1912 users online

Cleansers - Bliss Labs - Fabulous Foaming Face Wash

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by m331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell of this cleanser is exactly like those feminine wipes from Always. It's not a bad smell, just a negative association. The cleanser itself doesn't clean all that well, nor does it foam. It definitely requires a facial sponge to really get makeup off and you have to use quite a bit of product. I am nearly finished my bottle and have yet to notice an exfoliating bead. A thoroughly mediocre product, not worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by mandms08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. I used it and then looked in the mirror an hour later to discover patches of dry skin on my face. That never happens with my oily skin!

I found the smell quite noxious and I am usually ok with heavily fragranced (or even chemicals like DDF's sulfur mask) but this was just too sickly sweet or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by romagrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After I went off birth control, my skin has been a hot mess.

I started using this face wash after I realized how much I was spending on Aveda products.

I like the face wash. I feel that I actually have to scrub to get the foam and beads to work...but it does work!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Starla4807

I don't think it's worth the price of effort because it doesn't cleanse very well. Doesn't remove eye makeup and it doesn't foam up as much as I'd like. I think this actually caused me to break out. Those little "beads" are pretty much useless.... Smells nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This face wash smells incredible and looks yummy too, but that does not make it a good face wash. I used this during a recent hotel stay after receiving a travel size bottle, and it was refreshing but not suitable for my sensitive skin. I only use this when my skin is clear and free from eczema irritation or dryness. I can imagine this working on oilier skin. The beads feel nice although I'm not sure they do much and it did not remove my makeup very well (but then again any cleanser I use is usually so gentle that it does not).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by elizabetheva

This product is a joke. The second ingredient, after water, is Sodium Laureth Sulfate, a pore-clogging irritant. I bought this product a number of months ago, used it for awhile, and then gave up on it. Now that I'm actually researching ingredients in products I realize what junk is in most Bliss products. Stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 11:00:00 AM More reviews by stilamila

This is my new favorite face wash. It is slightly exfoliating, yet gentle, has a nice gel-like texture and smells fresh. Since I started using this face wash my skin is super smooth and soft. I love it and recommend it to anyone with combination skin, even sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by sd0tbunny

Well for one it's not foaming. For two, I never felt like my face was getting cleaned. And then I found out that it wasn't! At one point my face had dirt and dead skin that was rolling off of my face (gross, I know) and there wasn't enough witch hazel in the world to take off whatever was left. It also broke me out, but I think that that's because of the non-cleaning factor.

Mandatory positive: At least it smelled good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

Before I discovered Pond's cleansing wipes, this cleanser was the best I'd used. The gentle exfoliation kept my normal skin clean and happy, and although the bubblegum scent is a bit much, I enjoyed it. However, I've since learned through trial and error that my skin behaves better when I splurge on moisturizer rather than on a cleanser...which is why I can use the cheapie wipes but have to plunk down $40 for DDF moisturizer! An important lesson...and unfortunately, I don't need the Bliss FFW. If you have normal skin, enjoy a light exfoliation when you cleanse, and aren't sensitive to scent, grab a sample or travel bottle of this -- it's nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Katannah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm almost 40, have always had sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin, and now I'm dealing with scarring and wrinkles too. Finding a cleanser that really cleans without stripping has been so stressful. I bought a travel size of this at Sephora so I could test it out for 30 days, and I'm amazed. It smells wonderful, the exfoliating beads are gentle but effective, and my skin feels better than it has in years. I've only been using it for two weeks (morning and night) so I will do a follow up after 30 days, but I'm pretty positive this one's a keeper.

EDIT: Jan 15th-- I still love this one, but received Philosophy's Best Sellers as a gift, so I'm trying Purity for the time being.