December 21, 2014 | 866 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Brightening Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by spindlyoyster

I bought these pencils in plum, pearly white and brown. I have to say I've only used the white one because it was the one I wanted to try the most. I am slightly disappointed because I thought the color would actually carry on to my eyelid.

It did not happen that way and I shouldn't be surprised. I found out that I had to line a little harder to get it to work but then I was tugging on my eyelid and I did not like that at all.

I understand that this eyeliner has worked for a few people and I am not going to diss E.L.F. for this liner, after all I love their brushes and their professional lines but I am not sure the $3 I paid for these three eyeliners was worth my money at all.

The tugging, the lack of color and my utter disappointment in this product really pulled me into giving it only ONE lipstick however the price and the sharpener redeemed this product just a little thus I give it TWO lipsticks. Just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by vhsbeadergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was about to buy the sharpener from the website when I did some research and discovered that if you purchase and eyeliner, a sharpener comes with it, so I thought, heck I'll just get the eyeliner. I got it in 'gilded' because I already have black and brown, and when I recieved it, I was pleasantly surprised. I finally had a sharpener that worked and didn't break the tips, and the eyeliner was a beautiful shimmery gold that really looks great on green eyes. Also, it wasn't too hard on my lids like others have said. Maybe my lids are a little oily and that helps? I don't know, but it has great staying power and doesn't irritate my eyes so it's worth 5 stars. Love it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2009 5:45:00 AM More reviews by ImSoVCG

So I know this is only a dollar but it flat out sucks. Its so hard and takes a lot of work to make the color show up! I do like the idea of having the sharpener in the cap but it's a cheap ass sharpener so eh. I can really stand behind other elf stuff but this just needs to go. I do think they should come out with a dupe for stila's eyeliner in 'topaz' as an eye brightener b/c it's become more popular/natural to apply a fleshy colored eyeliner in the waterline opposed to a white liner like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by xcait1990x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i think im one of the few people out there who actually likes this product . now , i dont like it at all for my top lashline , but i like it for my waterline ( i have it in black ) . i like that it gives you the solid line and it is not creamy at all . normally i would hate that in an eyeliner BUT this does not smear down below my eyes and gather in the corner like every single other liner ive ever used . ( i found urban decays 24/7 liner in zero to be a nightmare for smearing ) and hey , this is only a dollar ! recommend if you like lining your waterline .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by cnabbey88

So this product is only $1- no joke. It's not a bad product at all. I swatched it on my hand first to warm it up, look at the color, and take off the sharp point. It has good color pay off. It comes with a sharpener which is nice but I already had one so no bigge there. I agree that it is hard to put on but if you have a primer or a cream eyeshadow on first that helps a lot and goes on better. Staying power isn't amazing but overall its a nice and cheap product. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 12:24:00 PM More reviews by modernabsurdity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this is one of the ELF products that's a total turd. I got this in "Gilded" (a gold/bronze) when I bought one of the "Get the Look" kits from Big Lots. At first I was excited because of the color, then I tried to actually line my eyes with it. No dice. You almost have to stab yourself with it to get any color.

It's only redeeming quality is that I can use it as a crease color when I (gently!) glide it in my crease and outer corners. It's such a great color, shame I can't use it for its original purpose. Won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MakeupJunkieXL

This product did nothing, but bring a tear to my eye. I heart e.l.f products, and truth be told they have been nothing but good to me, EXCEPT Dum... dum... dummmmmm for this damn eye widener pencil!
no color pay off what so ever! Understanding that, it only cost 1buck im not gonna curse e.l.f name to hell, but i will suggest you save your buck and invest it in one of there new studio line brushes or anything from the studio line for that matter :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Gogogo

I just bought this in white with the intention of lining my waterline for a fresher look, but there was absolutely no color payoff. I even scribbled it on my hand to see if it did anything, and even with that force there was barely any color on my hand :( Too bad! Guess the price was too good to be true after all. Maybe the black and plum pencils are different.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by joannahuang5

They reformulated the product. I've had no problems getting it to show up on my waterline. Was hesitant to try it because of the poor reviews, but look for the ones with the packaging that says "NEW FORMULA"

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ksells5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst eyeliner EVER!! It tugged, hurt, and I got no color off of it! Not even worth the 1$ UGH!