September 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Blush - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by lilangel0403

This was my first E.L.F product. I bought it because some magazine said it was the best makeup. I gave it a try because it was $1. It wouldn't hurt anything.
I don't like it because I don't know what to do with it. It is way too shiny and shimmery. I have no use for it except for maybe for it to act as an eyeshadow. I have oily skin and when I put this one my skin looks super oily. It is horrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by tarzina789

I really wanted to love this product. I really did. I heard so many good things about it, but honestly, I wasn't impressed at all. I really don't see how many uses it can have. It seems to me you can only really use it as an eyeshadow or a base for another color. I find that it's much too shimmery. And if it's too shimmery for a 20 year old, how is someone older supposed to wear it on their cheeks? Ridiculous.

I wasn't impressed with this, but for $1, it didn't hurt to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I have the shade pink lemonade and it looks so pretty with my ELF studio blush in Tickled Pink. I like a really shimmery Dewey highlight and so this is perfect. It's not too pigmented it's just a subtle hint of color and sheen & it's dirt cheep, for 1 buck how could I not get them all!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Ok, so I was completely raving about these before, but I'm rewriting my review. I don't love these and I never use them. Today I noticed Spotlight had gone bad (after about half a year). I've probably used it twice.
For 1 euro/dollar you can't go wrong though. So if you're thinking about starting wearing a highlighter, you might wanna give one of these a try. But if you already own a ton of make up, these will for sure just end up in the back of a drawer somehwere.
------
PRO:
- Cheap
- A variety of colours to chose from
------
CON:
- the colours aren't that great. Spotlight is the only highlighter that isn't a straight up pink or brown colour, and is definetly cool toned. The other colours, i find, just don't look good as a highligter. What am I suppose to do with a glittery pink substance?
- The quality just isn't there: they're not long lasting, too glittery and noticeable.
- I wouldn't use these anywhere else on the face, like lips or eyes.
------
In my opinion, these products work best for younger girls who are just getting into make up and want to try out different coloured highlighters. Honestly, otherwise, just invest in something of better quality that goes on more subtely and that you can actually use on a daily basis.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ashsaves1005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really like this that much. I have it in Camilla and it's a nice mauve-y sort of color, I guess? But it looks lighter on the website. Much lighter. You can't really tell there's color when you put it on. It's very frosty. It smells good, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 2:43:00 AM More reviews by MMnoob

I absoultey hate this stuff. I can't use it on my cheeks because it's too frosty and don't want to look like a diso ball, can't use it on my lips cuz its just ..yea and don't even get me started on trying it to use it on your eyes. ARGh
If anyone wants it, send me a message and i'll gladly send it to you free of charge or do a swap with anyone =D.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 5:24:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few E.L.F products I well and truly love beyond all reason! I've had Pink Lemonade, Lilac Petal, and Persimmon; the only one I still have is Persimmon, simply because it's the last one I've used up, but it's also my favorite. I like to put a tiny dot of product on my point finger, tap both of my pointer fingers together to "split up" the product, then put three dots on the apples of my cheeks in a triangle shape. Then I just blend the product in with my hand for a soft, dewy finish. They work fine on the eyes, but I don't care much for pink, and they're a bit drying on the lips unless you use a gloss. I took off one lippy because these do not work well on darker skin tones--they tend to turn ashy. Regardless, I really enjoy these and will continue to buy them!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Homegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Persimmon, which was a good shade for my colouring. Really like the texture and the finish - it gives a really nice sheen without being sparkly. The packaging is a bit rubbish though. The nozzle broke off, so now I can't put a cap on it. 80(

Have reordered the all over colour stick in the same shade - hopefully it will give the same effect without the packaging problems!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Beccaellena

I own the Shimmering Facial Whip in Golden Peach, Lilac, Toasted, Citrus, and Persimmon.
All are beautiful! Just make sure you apply it carefully and test to see how much you need and where it looks best. I love this product! So much better than powder blush, makes my face much more lively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jesslla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is amazing as a base under eyeshadow. I found that the eyeshadow colors really intensify when applied over this whip.

A tiny amount goes a long way and you do have to work quickly to blend it, but once blended into the skin it leaves a delicate shimmery tint perfect for highlighting anything.