September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

I was looking for something to dust over my face during the day to control shine on my chin, nose and forehead. I had been using mineral powder and it looked great at first but then a few hours later I was a shiny mess. I am SOOOO glad I found this blot powder. I dust a little over my shiny areas and it instantly mattifies it without adding a bunch of cakey colored powder. This is now a staple in my makeup routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Tentative HG powder for my oily skin! My skin is in the NC25-30 and I use "Medium Dark", so this powder actually runs quite light. It has very little color, so I would use it more as a setting powder.

It's not a miracle worker, but it does cut shine instantly and it is great for setting your concealer / foundation. I actually think I get some of that "airbrushed" look after I use it because it's finely-milled and softens everything. I apply with a big poofy brush because you don't need much. (In fact, if you add too much, you'll end up looking a bit cakey).

I've been using this product daily for months now and have made a dent in it, although I haven't seen pan yet. I'm fairly confident one compact of this will last you at least a year with daily use, which is great considering that it's not TOO expensive. Another winner from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by AudreyNgo

Perfect pressed powder for my extremely oily skin. Cover my pore but still looking nature. My skin is also no more breakout like other powders. I love kaolin ingredient contained and no Talc in this Blot Powder. White Kaolin is one of the rare best ingredients that help absorb oil on my skin. I'm so satisfied on its quality. However, hope having a separate place to put its puff, like Mac Studio Fix Foundation plus Powder, instead of directly put onto powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by fragiles0ng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG powder. I'm NW15 and use Medium (the colors run really light). It's made any foundation I use last much longer than with other powders. I use a puff to press the powder into places where I'm oily, and a brush on the other areas. I find if I puff everywhere, it will cling to my dry spots a little, but using a light hand and a brush solves that issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:59:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DEFINITELY WILL BE RE-PURCHASING! My HG pressed setting/blotting powder! I can't believe i didn't no about this earlier! My oily, shiny, greasy days are over!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by DariaDorota

This powder made my life complete. I have extremely oily skin and this powder not only gets rid of the oil but also prevents it from happening. I set my make up with it, and blot my face with blotting papers once a day, and then re-apply the powder. I recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by DieMyDarling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A life saver. Ended my decade long struggle with an always oily tzone. Perfect. THANK YOU JESUS for this products existence and for me finally finding it!!!!!! I love it so much I can't even think of what to say. I have a super oily tzone and it takes the tiniest amount to lightly blot it away, and it STAYS away for hours and hours... HG!!!! Buy it! You won't be sorry! Just remember it takes very little to do a whole lot! You get your moneys worth for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will NEVER buy another pressed powder ever again! this is a tad on the expensive side for a powder but so worth it. i am 30 years of age and still get extremely oily skin. i only have to reapply some of this once during the day. i wish i'd known about this in my teenage years, it would've made a big difference to my confidence :(

*****UPDATE*****
after a week of using this, i broke out in the most terrible spots, even on my forehead which i never, ever get spots on. it also seemed to stop working altogether, my skin was oilier than ever. this product has put me off trying any other MAC products.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Always have it in my makeup bag for matting down during the day. The colors do run light, I'm MAC Pro Longwear in NW20 and use this in Medium. A close dup is Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in Light but MAC Blot is the best! I buy replacement puffs at Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Silverlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love how it just absorbs the oil and shine on my face instantly!! I tried this before but I was looking for a powder that had coverage because I had alot of acne dark spots all over my face,but if your looking for a powder that has coverage then this really don't have coverage for acne spots,dark spots or any hyperpigmentation. This powder is for people who have oily skin and combination skin(for those t zone areas that get oily and shiney). I don't think it's transparant like they say the coverage to me is sheer and matte.