April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I love, love, love MAC Blot Powder. I have it in Medium/Dark. It has SO many uses. Depending on the situation, I use it to set my liquid foundation, blot my T-zone and even as a stand-alone foundation when I forget my SF powder. I've never used a powder as versatile and as useful. One compact has lasted me for years and I've repurchased it many times.

_____________
Pros:
- matches my shade year-round
- universally appealing (IMO)
- appeases the oils in my face
- doesn't exaggerate dry spots

Cons:
- price!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by tan612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My shade is medium dark. It really controls oil. I just love this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by princessa00

I don't usually review overhyped products but I want to add my two cents here. Obviously this is the holy grail in oil control for many people, but as it turns out, blot powder just doesn't like me. Not only did it do nothing to control oil on my face, it gave me a crop of stubborn whiteheads around my chin area. Hopefully I still have the receipt lying somewhere around my car.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This product was very hyped up. I wasn't as imrpessed with this product as other people seem to be. I have oily skin but not very oily so I thought it would work out well. To be fair, it does matte your skin, but it wasn't amazing. I had to reapply every 3-4 hours, and I guess I was expecting it to last all day especially for the price I paid. Not to mention that it does have the tendency to cake up or look too powdery, even if I apply very loosely with a powder brush. I guess this worked out well for some people, but unfortunately not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by stls

This is a long time favorite. Applied properly with a kabuki brush is practically invisible, just takes keeps the face matte for a decent amount of time without adding any color. Nice sturdy compact, doesn't irritate my skin or break me out.
The only reason I took a lipstick off it that it can look obvious if you don't blend very well/ add a bit more than you should and I feel that prep+prime powder might be better for oil contol (will try it next)
It's worth a try, though!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nicolalucie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this powder. I use this as a finishing powder after applying my Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combo skin and my makeup doesn't move all day. I rarely even need to touch up during the day. It also doesn't leave a chalky finish and I don't get a lot of residue transfer. I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love mac products but for some reason this does not work for me. i have oily skin and when i apply mid-day i still need to apply more later on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium-dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kristenmxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder, my face is an oily mess and as soon as I put this powder on top I feel flawless! It lasts a few hours then starts feeling oily again but what do you expect.. Usually don't need to touch up which is amazing. I have re-purchased many many times! Mostly because I run out very quickly but all in all definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

For me this is just meh. It can look quite powdery so you have to be careful. I don't find that it absorbs oil amazingly, but it is ok. It certainly doesn't make skin MORE oily like mineral makeup can. Shades run very light...I am NC 20 and use medium dark. I find the pressed powder is very convenient but i wont buy this again because it doesnt contain spf...if i am using a pressed powder for touchups throughout it may as well add sun protection. otherwise i prefer ben nye luxury powder to this (tho not practical for the makeup bag)