MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Best blot powder hands down. I use this in deep dark and my face doesn't looked polished without it. My skin is extremely oily so I will say this doesn't keep the shine away all day as it possibly could for someone with a less oily complexion. What this product does for me is take away the sheen and soften the look of my imperfections/pores. No other blot powder has done that for me without looking slightly ashy or settling into the dry spots awkwardly. Keep in mind I wear no other foundation on a daily basis. I don't mind reapplying a few times to get the overall affect of making my skin pretty.

on 3/30/2013 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a nice mattifying powder, it's easy to pick up onto your brush, doesn't look cakey unless you overdo it and controls oil well. It doesn't look seamless or invisible on my skin, so if you want to truly look like you have nothing on, this probably isn't the powder for you. The compact doesn't have a separate compartment for a sponge, which is why I marked that down. All in all, a solid powder for oil control and setting foundation.

on 3/29/2013 2:41:00 PM

This product is pretty good for controlling oily T-Zones. I have combination skin, and I use this for a quick touch-ups at the end of a long work day. A little goes a long way. I have fair skin, but still bought the med-dark colour, as I found the med was a little too light and made me look chalky.

on 3/20/2013 3:44:00 PM

This powder is a great one for oily t-zoned people like me. It blots all the oil without caking my face. I sometimes even use this powder to set my foundation since there isn't much color. I always have this compact with me. I don't leave the house without it.

I purchased this in Medium Dark (although I am fair skinned, this color's fine. the powder in Light looks grey for some reason) for $26 CAD 3 months ago. I have hit pan quite a bit and will have to repurchase soon.

My only negative about this is the applicator. I absolutely hate it. I prefer to use a kabuki or any other brush but when I'm out I have no choice.

on 3/20/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have an oily t-zone and when it shines it SHINES. I use my MAC Prolongwear foundation (which lasts forever by the way) and once I get shiny I dab this on my forehead, nose and chin. You can't see the powder and it actually makes my face look smoother. Shine is gone and it lasts for about 2-3 hours. This is the best touch up product when you go out for a long time. Love this.

on 3/12/2013 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I so wanted to love this product but it didn't work for me, and my skin isn't very oily. Its effect lasts about 2 hours top, whereas the random loose powders I've used last much longer. My drugstore pressed powders also performed better.

on 2/22/2013 11:55:00 PM

I had been buying Maybelline Shine Free which has been ok for me. I was at the mall getting other MAC items, so decided to get the compact of Blot Powder in Medium (shade). I am NW20. I'm in my 50s, and have rather large pores. This does a good job of keeping down the shine for several hours and does a better job of concealing pores than the Maybelline did. I will have to check it out in daylight to see how it's looking tomorrow. For now, I would buy again.

on 2/8/2013 2:19:00 AM

I have combination skin so I love that I can repeatedly apply this powder without ever feeling like I'm adding anything or clogging pores.

Although it does come in different shades, this is not for coverage. It is aptly named "blot" powder as the whole point is to get rid of oil and shine.

I've bought it in both compact and loose powder form and are must haves in my makeup kit.

on 1/21/2013 1:14:00 AM

Wow! I used this for the first time today and I am very impressed!
I don't have super oily skin, however as the working day goes on, either side of my nose and chin can become quite oily which causes my makeup to slip off in those areas. Today when these areas began to become shiny I applied a small amount of my new blot powder (in medium plus) and shine was gone! To be honest I was waiting for it to get oily again within an hour or so, but a few hours later and oil and shine is still at bay!
I was originally super hesitant to buy this powder but now I'm so glad I did! Plus I found the price to be very affordable and i think the compact will last me a long time.

on 1/12/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everyone has different skin and has different products which helps there skin so for my review my experience was great I have oily skin so I would powder my tone and wouldn't have to touch up again through the day I also use Laura mercier skin brightening powder so if you haven't tried that I would try it its 18.50 in self ridges and it sets the under eye great so between the two you can't call it for there good in there own ways

Recommended for Normal Skin