October 25, 2014 | 1334 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Kirstyw89

Everyone has different skin and has different products which helps there skin so for my review my experience was great I have oily skin so I would powder my tone and wouldn't have to touch up again through the day I also use Laura mercier skin brightening powder so if you haven't tried that I would try it its 18.50 in self ridges and it sets the under eye great so between the two you can't call it for there good in there own ways

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by tiffalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blot Powder did a good job of setting my foundation to help it last longer without getting cakey or making me look like a ghost. I'm not super oily these days, more like normal to combination, but this helped control shine all day. I never found the need to touch up later in the day.

I used it for about a month, then I noticed more and more zits starting to pop up. I finally returned it to MAC when I realized the breakout wasn't getting any better and I had way more zits than I normally do. I know that this product was the culprit since I'm careful to only change one thing in my routine at a time.

Looking at the ingredients, it was probably the coconut acid. I figured this may turn out bad but I wanted to try it anyway. A Google search turned up an old formulation that didn't contain this ingredient, so who knows whether or not the old formulation was better for acne-prone skin. If you're afraid of breakouts, I would avoid this product unless you're willing to take the risk.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was disappointed in this product. I tried it with different foundations, but every time it makes my make up look cakey and uneven whenever I use it to set my make up or touch up my T zone later in the day. Whether I stipple on lightly or puff it on... nothing worked! : (

Plus, two of my Blot powders broke in the pan. Seems like a fragile formula, so I don't know how people carry this in their purse. This is one product to avoid from MAC. But their SFN powders are amazing and HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I wouldnt buy this again because i think that the MSFN would be better as a blot.
this finish of my blot powder grey on my face, i have DARK and i have MSFN in med dark.
This does its job; takes away excess oil from your face during the day but i find that my oils return in about 3 hours. The packaging is great; a sleek black compact with a mirror in the lid though there is no little compartment for a sponge.
The powder is relatively fine and picks up easily on a brush. some people use this as a setting powder but i personally feel that it isnt good enough for that. i prefer banana powder by BEN NYE or MSFN because the finishes are more healthy looking and natural.
Blow powder doesnt really add a colour to your face, but the colour i chose does if you put too much of it on. i thought that if i bougth MED DARK then it would be too light if i put it on my face, but maybe thats what i need to do in order to be happy with this product.
it was no more than $24USD and it is roughly around $40 AUD.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by hancid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder! It does exactly what it promises to do. I bought it because my skin gets extremely oily in the summer and I needed something to control the oil and make my makeup remain in place. I was out of town at the time, and returned back to my hotel room after shopping for several hours. I was late for dinner and didn't have time to re-apply my makeup, however my face and especially my T-zone were really oily. I decided it would be a perfect time to try out my new purchase, I grabbed the puff and pressed the powder over the oily areas and instantly the oil was gone and the areas were matte! I was so pleased and surprised at how well it worked. I went out for dinner and when I got back my skin still looked pretty good! Now after I use my foundation I definitely use this powder after, I will press and roll the puff over my T-Zone and dust the rest of my face with a powder brush so that I don't end up looking too matte.
Only thing I would like to advise before you purchase, I am an extremely pale lady (NW15) and the light was too light! I am glad the sales lady talked me into buying the medium shade, even though the colour is really subtle it still shows.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Paigeluvs35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gets rid of oil fast and is a great thing to keep in your purse for touch ups. The light color was great for my skin. One caution I have to throw out there is don't repeatedly use this product or it will dry you out! The best way to use this is mid-day, lightly with the puff it came with. I would highly recommend against setting foundation with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by pvo0315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product. My face doesn't look as oily and shiny with this powder on. I don't give it a 5 stars because I have to re-apply the powder once in a while and it is quite expensive. However, it works and I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

I am already hitting pan on this product. AMAZING. I have skin that can produce oil enough to fry a sunny side up and this magic power can actually control the sebum and made my skin matte longer! And even if towards the afternoon like 5-6pm, my skin is oily, but it just looks like i have glowing moisturized skin! I was really amazed by this product. My colour is NC25-NC30 and I am using the colour Medium Dark. I highly recommend this to all the oily girls. Try it out! You'll be as amazed as i was :D

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I only use this if my skin is acting really oily, but it isn't one of my go to products. I prefer wearing my mineralize skinfinish alone and that is enough oil control for me. But if you have really oily skin this would likely work for you. The only thing I am not crazy about is that I find that sometimes it looks and feels a bit heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by KOuilhon

I was looking for something to dust over my face during the day to control shine on my chin, nose and forehead. I had been using mineral powder and it looked great at first but then a few hours later I was a shiny mess. I am SOOOO glad I found this blot powder. I dust a little over my shiny areas and it instantly mattifies it without adding a bunch of cakey colored powder. This is now a staple in my makeup routine.