April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this about a year ago and i loved it. i would use cliniques 3 step system and after, i would use this and all about eyes. it left my skin so smooth and healthy looking. i loved that it had spf25. i took a break from this and decided to buy a few months ago...

i guess the formula changed because once i applied a small amount on my face, i felt it burning and i broke out. too bad because i liked the original formula...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by VanillaLipgloss

I tried the dry/combo version gwp size I had of this - it's not suitable for my sensitive skin. It made my cheeks breakout in spots, which very rarely happens to me. Wouldn't buy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since I've been tolerating the chemical sunscreen in La Roche Posay this past year, I fiigured that I could finally try a moisturizer with a chemical sunscreen yet again. I was so excited the first two days I used this. It sunk in beautifully and kept my skin hydrated all day without any oilies. It worked especially well under blocks without making makeup look thick and goopy. However, I too, became red, blotchy, dry, and formed reactive bumps. So I am going to try the new Olay Professional Lotion sith SPF 30. This, too, has chemical blocks so I hope the formulation works better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by tamama25

I use to use the "Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturiser"(oily to oily) for about a year until it got discontinued in Hong Kong last year. Then when they introduced this new SuperDefense SPF 25, I thought I'd give it a go. I've got dry and combo skin, so I got the one that's formulated for dry combination skin. I've been using this for the past 3-4 months and it's quite moisturising without leaving me feeling oily as the continous rescue anitoxidant moisteriser did. It asborbs right into the skin leaving no residue behind and doesn't ball up like some moisturises do. However the one thing that really bothers me is the scent! I know it contains SPF but I didn't expect it to be so strong. Everytime I open it, a gust of chemical smell comes oozing out and just sends shock waves to my nostrils (sorry if I sound really exaggerated) but it's really hard to tolerate. I have to practically nearly hold my breath when I apply for the first 10 seconds then the scent gradually fades away. Another thing I don't like is the packaging,it would be much better it was contained in a tube instead of a plastic tub. For me, it's a decent moisturiser, so I'll just keep on using it until I find a better moisturiser without that killer smell :p

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found that I have numerous huge deluxe samples of SuperDefense 25 as GWP, I had totally forgotten them! I tried both skin type 2 and 3&4 versions and loved them both. Much better than DayWear for me, which I like as well but find a bit on the heavier side. Not this one. Both versions are oil-free and neither irritates or clogs up like most other SPF creams. I like Clinique's new generation products in general and this is especially good for that vital urban protection.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 7:24:00 AM More reviews by go_onyagoodthing

I have combination skin with a moderately oily T zone & the rest of my face is normal, not dry or oily. In the past I have used and liked UV Lucent (from bobodave.com) and LRP, spf 40, dermopeds. However, i find these other sunscreens are a little heavy and too much hassle in the winter months.With the UV Lucent I have to leave t it to 'set' and just dont have time for that when its still dark going to work.The LRP is still a little too greasy on me & my makeup doesnt last as well when Im wearing it. I got a sample of this, the Oily to oily combination type and really liked it. Its just like a moisturiser with a slight ss smell. It smoothes right in with no greasy residue, almost immediatley so no waiting around. Also it doesnt leave a matte mask like the UV lucent. Makeup goes over it great & lasts well. i usually have to blot once during the day-and its not even that bad. I priced it at 52 in ireland, refused to pay that rip-off price, and got my friend to pick it up in a UK airport for the equivalent of 30. If you've tried the others and they are good but not your HG then try this-get a sample first though. Also I feel that I need to do a moisturising mask more regularly when I am wearing this-maybe I should try the other combination type next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kbogusz112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first bought this product, I didn't like it because I felt that it balled up on my face. When another moisturizer I was using just wasn;t cutting this, I decided to try this again, and the only reason it was balling up on me was because I didn't give it enough time to sinnk in. It's not the best moisturizer, and I wish it gave me a little more moisture, but it's not too bad, and I like the SPF 25. The MA that was helping me told me that this would help repair my skin's moisture barrier, but so far it doesn't really seem to be doing that. Also, I wish it came in a pump, not in a jar.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by musigal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the old formula. I had been using them for years.
Today for the first time I tried the new one, and now my face is all red and it hurts.
I am very disappointed in their change of formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee456

I'm on my third jar of this so I think it's safe to say that I like it. I use the combination to oily version and love how it sinks into my skin and makes it feel hydrated without looking shiny. I haven't tried the new formulation yet but when I do I will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

I love this product. It is the best non-oily sunscreen I have found. It absorbs completely and leaves my skin feeling silky and ready for makeup - not at all greasy. I wish it was in a tube instead of a jar so the antioxidants would remain stable. That is my only complaint.