Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Age Defense Moisturizer

3.7

PPD: 5, Active Ingredients: Octisalate 5.00%, Oxybenzone 5.00%, Avobenzone 3.00% Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Isopropyl PPG-2-Isodeceth-7,Carboxylate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polyester-8,Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Silica, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Coffea Robusta Seed Extract, Echinacea Pallida (Coneflower Extract), Rosemarinus Officianlis (Rosemary) Extract, Padina Pavonica (Thallis) Extract, Petrolatum, Sea Whip Extract, Jojoba Esters, Adenosine Phosphate, Disodium NADH, Rehalose, Creatine, Sodium RNA, Caffeine, Nordhydroguaiaretic Acid, Sodium DNA, Phytosphingosine, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ferulic Acid, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sucrose, Micrococcus Lysate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Cetearyl Glycoside, Laurdimonium Hydropropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Dimethiconol, Lecithin, Algae Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Proplene Glycol Dicaprate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Maltodextrin, C1-8 Alkyl Tetrahydroxycyclohexanoate,Caprylyl Glycol, Isohexadecane, Polyethylene, Ethylhexylglycerin, Zeolite, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydroxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Coploymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tromethamine, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Xathan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Sulfate, Disodim EDTA, Phenoxyethanol [ILN34338]

on 7/26/2009 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm always looking for products that multi-task. In particular, I don't like having to apply moisturiser AND a sunblock. Now that I live in a hot humid climate, I don't like the feel of having a lot of product on my face.

Clinique's Superdefense is one of my favourite moisturisers with SPF. It doesn't leave a white cast, it absorbs very well, I don't get too shiny when I wear it, and it seems to be really good for my skin.

My only concern is whether SPF 25 is high enough, especially when the sun in Singapore is so strong. Ever since I've moved back from London (where the sun is almost non-existent!) I've been getting more pigmentation on my cheeks.

So even though I love this product, I'm still on the hunt for a non-oily moisturiser with SPF that works as well as Superdefense but has a higher SPF. Not sure if such a product actually exists...

on 6/24/2009 10:29:00 AM

I loveeee this product. It is such a hassle finding a good sunscreen product to wear underneath makeup. But, after trying this only once, I feel in love with it. I have normal skin tone, and don't really break out and have pimples but my skin is sensitive. I noticed a drastic change in my skin after using this, it became much more soft and smooth plus, I'm getting sun protection!! It's not thick at all, so I can put makeup on without having to feel like I have so much on my face. Never will continue to buy this product. Although, I wish they made it in a higher SPF...

I love, love, love the SuperDefense from Clinique. My favorite product yet from Clinique. I would recommend this to anyone that hate the SPF smell and the wierd texture of sunscreen (like me). I've always hate putting on sunscreen; I hated the oily feeling and the wierd coconut-y smell or the strong chemical odor.

I was travelling to Hong Kong for 3 weeks and I was outdoors almost everyday, so I had to go buy some sunscreen. Since I use mainly Lancome, Clinique, Laniege and Shisedo, I went to all of their counters to look for a tolerable sunscreen.

I was shocked when I sampled this sunscreen/face cream. It was so light and there was no sunscreen-y smell. Once you applied it, it instantly melts into your skin. There is no sticky or oily residue at all. I love it! It's the only sunscreen type product I use. If it was a tad cheaper, I would seriously use it on my whole body!

on 5/4/2009 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i bought this about a year ago and i loved it. i would use cliniques 3 step system and after, i would use this and all about eyes. it left my skin so smooth and healthy looking. i loved that it had spf25. i took a break from this and decided to buy a few months ago...

i guess the formula changed because once i applied a small amount on my face, i felt it burning and i broke out. too bad because i liked the original formula...

I tried the dry/combo version gwp size I had of this - it's not suitable for my sensitive skin. It made my cheeks breakout in spots, which very rarely happens to me. Wouldn't buy.

on 4/14/2009 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Since I've been tolerating the chemical sunscreen in La Roche Posay this past year, I fiigured that I could finally try a moisturizer with a chemical sunscreen yet again. I was so excited the first two days I used this. It sunk in beautifully and kept my skin hydrated all day without any oilies. It worked especially well under blocks without making makeup look thick and goopy. However, I too, became red, blotchy, dry, and formed reactive bumps. So I am going to try the new Olay Professional Lotion sith SPF 30. This, too, has chemical blocks so I hope the formulation works better.

on 3/14/2009 1:09:00 PM

I use to use the "Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturiser"(oily to oily) for about a year until it got discontinued in Hong Kong last year. Then when they introduced this new SuperDefense SPF 25, I thought I'd give it a go. I've got dry and combo skin, so I got the one that's formulated for dry combination skin. I've been using this for the past 3-4 months and it's quite moisturising without leaving me feeling oily as the continous rescue anitoxidant moisteriser did. It asborbs right into the skin leaving no residue behind and doesn't ball up like some moisturises do. However the one thing that really bothers me is the scent! I know it contains SPF but I didn't expect it to be so strong. Everytime I open it, a gust of chemical smell comes oozing out and just sends shock waves to my nostrils (sorry if I sound really exaggerated) but it's really hard to tolerate. I have to practically nearly hold my breath when I apply for the first 10 seconds then the scent gradually fades away. Another thing I don't like is the packaging,it would be much better it was contained in a tube instead of a plastic tub. For me, it's a decent moisturiser, so I'll just keep on using it until I find a better moisturiser without that killer smell :p

on 3/12/2009 9:03:00 PM

I found that I have numerous huge deluxe samples of SuperDefense 25 as GWP, I had totally forgotten them! I tried both skin type 2 and 3&4 versions and loved them both. Much better than DayWear for me, which I like as well but find a bit on the heavier side. Not this one. Both versions are oil-free and neither irritates or clogs up like most other SPF creams. I like Clinique's new generation products in general and this is especially good for that vital urban protection.

I have combination skin with a moderately oily T zone & the rest of my face is normal, not dry or oily. In the past I have used and liked UV Lucent (from bobodave.com) and LRP, spf 40, dermopeds. However, i find these other sunscreens are a little heavy and too much hassle in the winter months.With the UV Lucent I have to leave t it to 'set' and just dont have time for that when its still dark going to work.The LRP is still a little too greasy on me & my makeup doesnt last as well when Im wearing it. I got a sample of this, the Oily to oily combination type and really liked it. Its just like a moisturiser with a slight ss smell. It smoothes right in with no greasy residue, almost immediatley so no waiting around. Also it doesnt leave a matte mask like the UV lucent. Makeup goes over it great & lasts well. i usually have to blot once during the day-and its not even that bad. I priced it at 52 in ireland, refused to pay that rip-off price, and got my friend to pick it up in a UK airport for the equivalent of 30. If you've tried the others and they are good but not your HG then try this-get a sample first though. Also I feel that I need to do a moisturising mask more regularly when I am wearing this-maybe I should try the other combination type next time.

on 3/9/2009 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first bought this product, I didn't like it because I felt that it balled up on my face. When another moisturizer I was using just wasn;t cutting this, I decided to try this again, and the only reason it was balling up on me was because I didn't give it enough time to sinnk in. It's not the best moisturizer, and I wish it gave me a little more moisture, but it's not too bad, and I like the SPF 25. The MA that was helping me told me that this would help repair my skin's moisture barrier, but so far it doesn't really seem to be doing that. Also, I wish it came in a pump, not in a jar.

Popular Moisturizers