October 20, 2014 | 1561 users online

Powder - Maybelline - PureStay Powder Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by kmelgoza

HOrrible! I loved the superstay liquid foundation and thought maybe this powder would go well with it, but no. it was terrible! first of all, the packaging looks like you would get a lot, and when u open it all you get is a small little square and the rest is just cheap plastic! I was so mad when I opened it! It was hard to get my kabuki brush in there and it came out looking cakey and dried out my skin right away! I hate it! I will stick to my Revlon CS powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xsnowwhite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really affordable product which first drew me to it. I have alot of acne/acne scars and redness so I was realllyyy skeptical about the coverage/staying power. It surprised me and covers very well, and it lasts a long time! I work 10 hour days so around the 8 hour mark I may need to reapply over some of the acne marks but otherwise it lasts a long time. I agree about previous reviews that it can get cakey so I just makesure to moisturize beforehand and apply a pearly blush and bronzer so it doesnt look flat.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mbasham369

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my first powder foundation, and I bought it on advice from the good folks at MUA. I do think that it is quite a nice powder for how often I choose to use one (not that often). I have to be very careful to how much of this I use, because it can look cakey and heavy. It is a little drying as well, but applying a moisturizer before application really helps. All in all, a good powder foundation, but not good enough for me to pass over my liquids. It wins if I want something really quick.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by ilonis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a repeat purchase for me (check my Rimmel foundation review for my skin type). I do not use this by itself however, I use a liquid foundation and use this on top.
    Likes: coverage, helps foundation underneath stay on longer, Natural Beige is decent match.
    Dislikes: can get patchy around nose area, SPF (don't like SPF in my makeup!), packaging. I can't carry this around in my large purses by itelf and need to stick it in a side pocket or makeup bag. If it jostles around, the powder is fragile and can break up and leave a big mess.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by xxkelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product daily for nearly 5 years to set my liquid foundation... I've tried other things but always end up going back to this because the staying power and shine control are far better than anything else I've tried from the drugstore. Plus, the coverage is great. My two problems with this product are the cheap packaging and the fact that you don't get a whole lot of powder in the compact. The quality makes up for it though, as it's been my go to powder for so long.

*YEARS LATER UPDATE*
    This was indeed my saving grace in high school when I was full of acne and short on cash. Now that I've had the means to try other products, I reallize how badly this oxidized on me compared to other things. It takes A LOT for me to change a staple part of my face routine, and the orange tone this created was one of those things. From this, I moved onto MAC Studio Fix for a few years and most recently CARGO Blu-Ray. I am sticking with the Blu-Ray for now because of the buttery texture and stay-matte finish. It's fun to look at these old reviews, though. I would recommend this to someone on a budget because it has good coverage and decent staying power. As for me, I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My first and current powder foundation. I haven't felt an overwhelming need to look for another.

However, if you plan on using it over a liquid foundation, this powder seems to still cover well, but it is very easy to go overboard. The best way I have found to avoid looking too "cakey" is to use a kabuki brush.. That is my only problem with it. Other than that I love this product. It has always served me well.

I can't say how many times I have dropped the case and the powder didn't break apart. It also keeps oily zones from getting too shiny throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by spsavage

This is a great foundation, does not break me out, provides buildable coverage, I apply with a kabuki brush. Its great!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by leahs84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

I have come to the realization that liquid foundation will likely never work on my oily skin.The longest I've had liquid foundation last on my skin is probably about 3 hours. Then it oxidizes, wears off, etc. I have a lot of trouble with acne, especially because it takes forever to heal completely. I get a lot of scarring, and need a foundation with good coverage. The only foundation that has ever given me decent results is CG's pressed mineral powder foundation.
    Since that's been discontinued, I decided to try this Maybelline foundation. I'm not completely sold on it, partially because the Buff color is too orangey on me. It doesn't look terrible, but it's not the right color. The product seems decent. The coverage is not as good as I had hoped, but it's better than liquid foundation. It also stays put pretty well. I've had to reapply to my T-zones after a few hours, but that's about it. I will buy this again in a different color, but my concern is that none of them will be right. I am never the lightest color in any line of makeup, and it seems the only color lighter than Buff is Ivory. I'm afraid of going a shade darker, because it might be even more orangey.
    All in all, this is a decent product for oily skin, and I plan on trying a different shade, and updating this review later. For now, it gets 3 lippies from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by teen2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first foundation growing up, and i started applying this foundation at the age of 18 until 24, then upgraded to MAC..... this foundation has good coverage blemishes and all... it last all day for me and i have dry/ semi oily skin! Def recommend this for beginners ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by jjms574

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes, aesthetically, the compact isn't so good looking and looks outdated but the product inside is great! I use this either as my setting powder or sometimes as my sole foundation when I don't have time. I used to wear Trublend Pressed Powder foundation for it's great texture but since it was discontinued I had to look for a replacement. I got this on a recommendation and I'm glad I did. I wear it in "Tan" and it has a nice texture that can provide a medium coverage. I wouldn't use this as my only source of sun protection because it only has UVB and not UVA. Be sure to wear a broad spectrum sunscreen underneath this.