November 23, 2014 | 1899 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like tea tree oil in general, I put 5 drops into a small bottle of water and use that on a cotton pad on my face (spot treatment, sometimes a toner). For many people, tea tree oil on its' own is too strong to use on the skin without diluting. The first time I used it, I used it straight and it was too much, it healed up pimples that I'd already picked at but it did also cause redness. My tea tree oil use is improved with dilution- it's a great natural antiseptic. Takes stuff off my face and helps with healing of existing spots.

The thing is that you can buy tea tree oil elsewhere for a lot less. I buy an equivalant product at Bulk Barn cheaper than the body shop. Too bad Body Shop doesn't price this product appropriately.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by essncia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, this product cause me doubts. As I have combination and sensitive skin, when I use this product more then I should it makes my pimples go worse, and they go very red, however if I use just a little every night they grow smaller and eventualy disapear after some days.
The big problem I have with this oil is that makes my pimples go red which is bad to cover it up with make up.
Pros: with the right usage makes pimples desapear.
Cons: the smell (behh) and the redness on sensiteves skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has probably been the one thing I have ever tried in my life that my skin hasn't reacted from or made existing pimples worse. I'm one of those people who has fair, clear skin, so when I get a pimple, its so noticable. When I apply this on a popped pimple, the next day, the redness and swelling has reduced dramatically and in several days, it will be gone! I dab this onto pimples with a cotton swab before I go to sleep (sometimes in the morning before moisturizer). I can feel the tea tree oil working inside my pores and cleaning the insides. My only problem if anything is that the packaging is a tiny glass bottle. It just makes it more likely to break in case its dropped, but otherwise, FANTASTIC product! This is one thing I could not go anywhere without.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the tea tree toner in this range. And sad to say, i was disappointed with this product. The tea tree oil is very strong but the effects of this tea tree oil doesn't seem to be as good. I've tried it several times for my pimples and blemishes but it just has no effect. Not gonna repurchase as it is pricey for such a small quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jeubleu

It indeed worked very quickly and efficiently whenever I apply it on a pimple. However, another pimple would pop out when this one flattens...
I really like the smell and it seems to be quite concentrated. I like the packaging a lot. I can't help but feel it's kinda pricey though for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lovinlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have oily skin, so it tends to breaking outs. I usually have two nasty acne on my face. Usually I use my antibiotic gel, but my friend recommend this product to me, so I tried this, and I love it! It dries and calmed my nasty acne, and in 2days its gone. Yay! I usually use this twice a day, in the morning and night skincare routine. If using it with cotton buds, I find it not efficient, so I used my finger, washed it carefully before using, and I use my fifth finger to close the tip of the product, turn it upside down, watch carefully for the products to came out, then dab my finger directly to my acne. Definetly bought this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I really dislike this product.
First of all, it's very expensive - $9 or $10 for a third of an ounze.
It did nothing for all as a spot treatment - noticed no difference at well. The most I do with it now is mix a bit with my night lotion (Ponds) just so I have some sort an acne-fighting ingredient in there. Still, I don't notice too much.
Also, I used a cotton swab (q-tip) to apply this, and I wasted so much. The packaging is just horrible because there's no sanitary way to apply this AND not waste a buch. It always soaked in the q-tip and I had to use like an eighth of the bottle per night.
Will NOT repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the Tea Tree range from The Body Shop is for oily/blemished skin. i have normal skin but i wanted to try the Tea Tree Oil, coz my friend recommended this to me. i rarely get spots, but when i get them i want to treat them. i have tryed different spot treatments, usually with a gel/cream consestancy. its really nasty when the gel dryes and you try to apply makeup on top of it. its okay first but in about 1 hour, the makeup on top of the blemish treatment will start to flake off! so i was really excited that this is actually an oil. the packaging is small its like 10ml and the cap is littlebit annoying. you have to press it first down and then swirl it off. you have to pour the oil of the bottle and you might waste the product littlebit while trying to get it out. i use a cotton pad and drop about 3-5 drops on there and then dap it on my blemishes after the moisturizer. i use it only at the night time. its so good! my blemishes dryed up instantly and theyr much smaller and lighter, thanks to the Tea Tree Oil! i totally love this. it smells really good, but if you have sensitive nose, this strong smell might bother you. this isnt sticky and this doesnt dry up my skin, it actually moisturizes it. in Finland this is 6 and its propably littlebit expensive, coz this product doesnt last so long time atleast on me, but its worth it! defenetly worth of trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Until I found Jason's pure tea tree oil, this was my favourite spot treatment. As is, I still use it instead of Jason during the day time, because it is a bit less oily and I can therefore put concealer over it more easily. It dries up the zit and clears it away. My only real gripe with the Body Shop's tea tree oil is the price. $8 for such a tiny bottle when I can pay $10 for a bottle three times the size (TBS = .33oz, Jason = 1oz) seems a little steep. But when this stuff goes on clearance, I pounce on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by anyeji

I love this oil! It is super strong, so I usually only use one drop on a cotton swab for my whole face! I use it as a spot treatment, and when pressed into the skin, it stings a bit. I love the feel of this oil, and I see the results of it when I wake up in the morning! My face became used to this product after a while however, so I stopped using it for a bit, but when I started again, it had the same effects it had of when I just used it!

I love it!!! For $9, it really does last a long time.