August 30, 2014 | 1741 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the tea tree toner in this range. And sad to say, i was disappointed with this product. The tea tree oil is very strong but the effects of this tea tree oil doesn't seem to be as good. I've tried it several times for my pimples and blemishes but it just has no effect. Not gonna repurchase as it is pricey for such a small quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jeubleu

It indeed worked very quickly and efficiently whenever I apply it on a pimple. However, another pimple would pop out when this one flattens...
I really like the smell and it seems to be quite concentrated. I like the packaging a lot. I can't help but feel it's kinda pricey though for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lovinlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have oily skin, so it tends to breaking outs. I usually have two nasty acne on my face. Usually I use my antibiotic gel, but my friend recommend this product to me, so I tried this, and I love it! It dries and calmed my nasty acne, and in 2days its gone. Yay! I usually use this twice a day, in the morning and night skincare routine. If using it with cotton buds, I find it not efficient, so I used my finger, washed it carefully before using, and I use my fifth finger to close the tip of the product, turn it upside down, watch carefully for the products to came out, then dab my finger directly to my acne. Definetly bought this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I really dislike this product.
First of all, it's very expensive - $9 or $10 for a third of an ounze.
It did nothing for all as a spot treatment - noticed no difference at well. The most I do with it now is mix a bit with my night lotion (Ponds) just so I have some sort an acne-fighting ingredient in there. Still, I don't notice too much.
Also, I used a cotton swab (q-tip) to apply this, and I wasted so much. The packaging is just horrible because there's no sanitary way to apply this AND not waste a buch. It always soaked in the q-tip and I had to use like an eighth of the bottle per night.
Will NOT repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ConfessionsOfAMakeupHolic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the Tea Tree range from The Body Shop is for oily/blemished skin. i have normal skin but i wanted to try the Tea Tree Oil, coz my friend recommended this to me. i rarely get spots, but when i get them i want to treat them. i have tryed different spot treatments, usually with a gel/cream consestancy. its really nasty when the gel dryes and you try to apply makeup on top of it. its okay first but in about 1 hour, the makeup on top of the blemish treatment will start to flake off! so i was really excited that this is actually an oil. the packaging is small its like 10ml and the cap is littlebit annoying. you have to press it first down and then swirl it off. you have to pour the oil of the bottle and you might waste the product littlebit while trying to get it out. i use a cotton pad and drop about 3-5 drops on there and then dap it on my blemishes after the moisturizer. i use it only at the night time. its so good! my blemishes dryed up instantly and theyr much smaller and lighter, thanks to the Tea Tree Oil! i totally love this. it smells really good, but if you have sensitive nose, this strong smell might bother you. this isnt sticky and this doesnt dry up my skin, it actually moisturizes it. in Finland this is 6 and its propably littlebit expensive, coz this product doesnt last so long time atleast on me, but its worth it! defenetly worth of trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Until I found Jason's pure tea tree oil, this was my favourite spot treatment. As is, I still use it instead of Jason during the day time, because it is a bit less oily and I can therefore put concealer over it more easily. It dries up the zit and clears it away. My only real gripe with the Body Shop's tea tree oil is the price. $8 for such a tiny bottle when I can pay $10 for a bottle three times the size (TBS = .33oz, Jason = 1oz) seems a little steep. But when this stuff goes on clearance, I pounce on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by anyeji

I love this oil! It is super strong, so I usually only use one drop on a cotton swab for my whole face! I use it as a spot treatment, and when pressed into the skin, it stings a bit. I love the feel of this oil, and I see the results of it when I wake up in the morning! My face became used to this product after a while however, so I stopped using it for a bit, but when I started again, it had the same effects it had of when I just used it!

I love it!!! For $9, it really does last a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2011 4:43:00 AM More reviews by preciousbby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wish i could love it, but the smell! its so strong. I usually can stand strong smell, but this one, the smell? I cannot stand it. When at the store, i opened it and smell it, i thought i could get over with the smell. Bought it, came home and put it on my face, it was on for my face more then 20 minutes and the smell didn't go away, feel like i was going to vomit, so i gave up, and ended up washing it off my face.

Don't like, Regret buying it, don't know what i'm going to do with it, luckily, the price was just average, though 9 buck for it is still bit pricey for me. Don't know what i'm going to do with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use the tea-tree oil for an overnight moisturizer: I prepare 10ml of almond oil with 3 drops of tea-tree oil. That gives you at least two weeks of daily treatment.
A little goes a long way since it is oil, but it works wonders to purify and moisturize the skin. A bit like Decleor.
I have combination/oily skin, with sensitive areas, and it makes my skin glowy and clear.
Maybe it's not good for skins with a tendancy to break-out though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by uberuninspired

this dries my pimples slowly without drying my skin. i actually like the smell, and how it feels on my skin - really calms my pimples. I'm fine with the time it takes to eliminate my blemishes as long as it doesn't dry my skin. The price is reasonable, and i got it at 20% discount as our local Body Shop is having a sale. If you use this after the mask from the same range, the results are better.