December 19, 2014 | 798 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by JoliePixel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: I used this stuff for a month maybe, then I had MAJOR irritation and it stoped to work completely. It's an issue I had with most Body Shop product I tried; for the first few weeks it seems to work perfectly and after a bit my skin turn into a ugly mess, and return to normal when I stop using their products...

FIRST REVIEW: The tea tree oil from the Body Shop isn't 100% pure, on the bottle, they say that it contains 15% tea tree oil. The first ingredient is water, so it is diluted tea tree oil. The second ingredient is alcohol denat, which may cause some irritation to some people. I'm always afraid to use new product on my face as I breakout easily but my zits and pimples really love this tea tree oil. I also found that turning the little bottle upside down and waiting for the drops to comes out one by one is the best way to control the quantity used (don't shake the bottle like crazy thinking nothing comes out like I used to do! ^_^). So I usually wash my face, use a benzoyl peroxide gel on the rest of my face and put 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil on a cotton swab and apply it directly on my pimples. They usually disappear after 1 or 2 days of use. BUT, there's often a scar after that... grrr. So, it's useful when I want my pimples to disappear quickly, but it's not perfect, that's why I gave it 4 lippies. It's good, it actually work for me, but it's certainly not perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by greengoblin

I use this product as a spot treatement. Anytime I see a blemish about to show its ugly face, I dab a little of this oil on it and massage it in before going to bed at night. It works, and it works really well. Just a red spot goes in one application and anything above the surface goes in two applications. I even use it on my acne scars before bed and they are going away at a quick pace too. It does have a strong smell but that really dosent bother me.
I would definately purchase this product again, except the price factor. It is expensive for a tiny bottle that has only 15% tea tree oil. I know there are cheaper ones out there which are 100% tea tree oil, although I dont know if those are very strong and miight burn the skin a little.
But I v used about half of this bottle and I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:34:00 PM More reviews by iheartCoral

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I find that this tea tree oil does not work that well. It didn't really help with blemishes as a spot treatment. The body shop tea tree oil contains 15% tea tree oil only plus other ingredients. I didn't realize this until I took a closer look and compared it to the 100% tea tree oil I bought at a health food store. For the price of 15% tea tree oil only is quite expensive...$9 CAD for a 10mL bottle, where as the one I bought at a health food store 100% pure tea tree oil for $11 for a 25mL bottle. $2 more for 100% oil and 15mL more!
I would suggest going to a health food store near you and pick up one there. They have a lot of brands of tea tree oils for you to choose from.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 8:00:00 AM More reviews by jgoreham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like tea tree oil in general, I put 5 drops into a small bottle of water and use that on a cotton pad on my face (spot treatment, sometimes a toner). For many people, tea tree oil on its' own is too strong to use on the skin without diluting. The first time I used it, I used it straight and it was too much, it healed up pimples that I'd already picked at but it did also cause redness. My tea tree oil use is improved with dilution- it's a great natural antiseptic. Takes stuff off my face and helps with healing of existing spots.

The thing is that you can buy tea tree oil elsewhere for a lot less. I buy an equivalant product at Bulk Barn cheaper than the body shop. Too bad Body Shop doesn't price this product appropriately.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by essncia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, this product cause me doubts. As I have combination and sensitive skin, when I use this product more then I should it makes my pimples go worse, and they go very red, however if I use just a little every night they grow smaller and eventualy disapear after some days.
The big problem I have with this oil is that makes my pimples go red which is bad to cover it up with make up.
Pros: with the right usage makes pimples desapear.
Cons: the smell (behh) and the redness on sensiteves skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has probably been the one thing I have ever tried in my life that my skin hasn't reacted from or made existing pimples worse. I'm one of those people who has fair, clear skin, so when I get a pimple, its so noticable. When I apply this on a popped pimple, the next day, the redness and swelling has reduced dramatically and in several days, it will be gone! I dab this onto pimples with a cotton swab before I go to sleep (sometimes in the morning before moisturizer). I can feel the tea tree oil working inside my pores and cleaning the insides. My only problem if anything is that the packaging is a tiny glass bottle. It just makes it more likely to break in case its dropped, but otherwise, FANTASTIC product! This is one thing I could not go anywhere without.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by arielicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the tea tree toner in this range. And sad to say, i was disappointed with this product. The tea tree oil is very strong but the effects of this tea tree oil doesn't seem to be as good. I've tried it several times for my pimples and blemishes but it just has no effect. Not gonna repurchase as it is pricey for such a small quantity.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jeubleu

It indeed worked very quickly and efficiently whenever I apply it on a pimple. However, another pimple would pop out when this one flattens...
I really like the smell and it seems to be quite concentrated. I like the packaging a lot. I can't help but feel it's kinda pricey though for such a small tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by lovinlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have oily skin, so it tends to breaking outs. I usually have two nasty acne on my face. Usually I use my antibiotic gel, but my friend recommend this product to me, so I tried this, and I love it! It dries and calmed my nasty acne, and in 2days its gone. Yay! I usually use this twice a day, in the morning and night skincare routine. If using it with cotton buds, I find it not efficient, so I used my finger, washed it carefully before using, and I use my fifth finger to close the tip of the product, turn it upside down, watch carefully for the products to came out, then dab my finger directly to my acne. Definetly bought this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I really dislike this product.
First of all, it's very expensive - $9 or $10 for a third of an ounze.
It did nothing for all as a spot treatment - noticed no difference at well. The most I do with it now is mix a bit with my night lotion (Ponds) just so I have some sort an acne-fighting ingredient in there. Still, I don't notice too much.
Also, I used a cotton swab (q-tip) to apply this, and I wasted so much. The packaging is just horrible because there's no sanitary way to apply this AND not waste a buch. It always soaked in the q-tip and I had to use like an eighth of the bottle per night.
Will NOT repurchase