Clinique Color Surge Duo in Strawberry Fudge

4.3

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neopentanoate, sorbitan sesquioleate, nylon-12, aluminum myristate, potassium palmitate, tin oxide, alumina, silica, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin, [/- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510) [] ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), carmine (ci 75470)]

on 7/19/2008 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: I do like these colors, but I rarely wear this combo. Yet, I can't bring myself to part with it, perhaps for sentimental reasons. Clinique GWPs were among the first makeup items I played with. It's a beautiful duo of slightly reddened brown (think the color of true birch beer) paired with a golded pink. I think I would have like/used this combo more if it had a lighter-colored browbone highlighter. The pink shade is stunning but just way to deep for that, but it would make a gorgeous crease shade!
Price: This was a GWP, but I think Clinique's regular-priced duos are "mid-range," IMHO: $17.50.
Packaging: The usual eyeshadow packaging, although I must say that the silver-colored casing makes it easy to spot in my train case :-)
Would I buy again: No, I wouldn't. continued >>

on 7/18/2008 10:56:00 AM

This eyeshadow wasn't as great for me as for some of the other reviewers. The colors were very light, and I had to apply it heavily to get the color I wanted. If I'm buying a department store brand of make-up, I don't think I should have to apply a lot of it to get a good color quality. I didn't think it had good enough staying power for the price. I'm sure with a primer underneath, it would be OK, but it didn't work for me when I tried it. Secondly, I threw away the little brush applicator thing that comes with it right away. It's too small to work with. That's not a big deal, but I thought I should at least mention that. Basically, this mascara isn't too bad. It isn't a terrible eye-shadow, but those are the problems I had with it. I'm sure I could find an eyeshadow just as good at a drugstore.

on 6/29/2008 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This might be one of my favorite Clinique duo's, especially for the summer. The duo consists of a peachy pink with gold shimmer (think NARS Orgasm as an e/s) and a bronze brown color. I use both shades equally and its a nice but not an ott look for summer. Goes well with a variety of makeup looks. Some Clinique shadows don't last long, but this lasts all day on my lids and I don't even use an e/s base. Would repurchase this one for sure.

on 6/29/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a GWP and thought I would hate it, but after reading the reviews on MUA I decided to give it a try. I was so surprised! The pink shade looks garish in the pan, but when applied it is a beautiful shimmery goldish pink which is actually incredibly flattering. I love the brown too. It goes perfectly with the pink and is a beautiful shade for the crease and outer v. I wear these shadows with a dark brown liner (BB chocolate shimmer ink) and it looks really sophisticated and quite unusual and makes my blue eyes pop. You do have to be careful not to over-apply though - I applied too much pink a couple of weeks ago and it looked far too strong for daytime. I can't knock a lippy off for that though, because every other time I've used it it has looked completely perfect.

on 6/17/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I LOVE this duo... The pink is almost a gold color and it's fabulous! I think it would look great on any skin tone. I just wish the brown side was larger because I use that one the most and it's almost empty.

on 6/4/2008 12:12:00 PM

I just looove this stuff! The pink makes my blue eyes look really bright blue, and the brown is very nice too. I think it would look good on anyone. It lasts all day too. Just love it.

on 6/3/2008 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this duo. I think the colors are universally flattering. I've always wanted a pinkish shadow and this is it! I got it as a GWP and it's long lasting. Plus I love the little packaging. I've never seen eyeshadows packaged like this and I think it's about time they were! I opted out the little brush for one with bristles (I hate those hard shadow brushes!) I will buy once my sample is out.

on 5/22/2008 12:34:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink in this! It's a pigmented pink with a gold shimmer to it. I get compliments every time I wear this shadow. I took off a lippie because the brown isn't my favorite - but it pairs well with the pink. It lasts all day as well.

on 4/14/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really enjoy this duo! At first, I was not a fan of the pink, because I was a pale, blue-eyed blonde, and it made me look a bit childish, like I was trying to imitate a Barbie. However, with just a tiny amount of the pink, really subtle, it can really work, and looks very soft. I did enjoy using the brown side for a more smokey look, I loved it! However, now that my hair is slightly darker, I think my favorite thing with this duo is to put the pink all over my lid, and then put the brown right over top of it. It gives a shiny, gorgeous color that I love for a quick, more dramatic eye. Both colors are very pigmented, which is great. So although I at first wasn't completely sold on this one, I love it now, and can't imagine my makeup kit without it.

on 4/7/2008 11:22:00 AM

Wow, I never would have bought this eyeshadow on my own free will. I basically had a giftcard to spend at Sephora, and I wanted some eyeshadows. I somehow found this to be rated really high in terms of Cliniques Duos, but normally I'm not much of a pinkish person. Then I noticed I could buy TWO of these for half the cost on Ebay. So since I was getting out cheap, I bought the two and gave one to my mom. I have to say, when I put the pink color on the applicator, I made a 'yuck' face. But after I put it on, I thought "that's not bad at all!" I put the pink shade on my lids, and the brown in the crease. It DOES look natural! A keeper!!