August 1, 2014 | 2023 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by soella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

One word describes this mascara: Overrated.

I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting more. Perhaps I had old stock? From the first time I used this mascara it was utter crap. I applied one layer to each of my eyes, once it dried it was crispy and dry. Made them look stubby, short and clumpy...After one measly layer. All I wanted were lashes that weren't crispy and crappy.

I'll stick with maybellines yellow "the colossal" thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by rockkchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

BEST.MASCARA.EVER.

this is my first mascara. bought it when i was 13.
i've tried all the high and low end mascara out there and always come back to this.

NO CLUMP WHATSOEVER. looks extremely natural.

i hope they'll never discontinue it

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice mascara :) it's good for everyday because it's so natural, yet it does just enough to make your lashes look nicer. It separates lashes really well and makes them look thicker and a little longer. It doesn't give me any volume. The cap of the packaging could be nicer but it's okay. Pretty nice mascara overall :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by googleit1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I know this is a well-loved mascara but I feel it is a bit overrated. While I like dry formulas, I feel like this one is TOO dry. I aim for a natural look, but this is so natural that it doesn't really do much. It's decent at thickening but I don't get much volume or length at all. It also smells gross, which counts for a lot when you're using it every day.

I recently tried it out again after not having used it for years -- I bought the waterproof version. I just didn't like it, didn't see much of an improvement in my lashes to justify the trouble of wearing it. Ended up throwing it away, which I rarely do. Could work for someone who wants a very very natural look for say, work or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by RosieLouMelon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use the waterproof version. I am latina, with thick, but VERY straight eyelashes. I curl my lashes with my Revlon eyelash curler, apply one or two coats of this and my lashes look amazing. My everyday look is more natural and when I want something more dramatic, I do have to apply it a bit thicker or more coats. The best part about it is that the curl keeps all day and never do I have smudging or transferring of mascara. I have been using it for about 15 years now and I admit I've swayed and tried other brands, high-end and drugstore, but this does it all so I won't be wasting my time or money on anything else.
I LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had seen a review of this on Essalytee's Youtube channel as part of her MMM series. As a fellow Asian woman, I take her opinions to heart because of the cursed short and stubby Asian lashes trait that 97% of Asian women share. The performance of the mascara in the video was exactly what I was looking for. It gave a really natural lash look (more of a my lashes but better) and it has this uncanny ability to make your lashes look like they don't have mascara on, but that they are just naturally sort of beautiful. I was excited to try it out, and when I did, I was not disappointed. This is probably one of my favorite mascaras now. At first the name Full n' Soft can be deceiving, because you think, "Oh, soft, probably won't be able to hold my curl." I got that sort of vibe from the name for some reason. Nonetheless this is great for people with all lash types.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sasha125

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to mascara. My eyelashes are blonde, so mascara is my 'must have' before leaving the house. Every so often, I'll try a different (usually high end) brand, or the latest lash stain, but I always come back to the Full 'N Soft. It doesn't get crunchy, clumpy or flaky.

My only complaint it that I do get under-eye smudging, but the non-waterproof formulation (this one) wipes off with a tissue - I have the same problem with the waterproof version, and that's harder to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Olivia2377

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay so i bought this product the other day. after reading the reviews on here about it i expected it to work pretty well. I usually use the maybelline volume express the falsies (my HG) and it does a really good job volumizing and lengthening my lashes ( i have to use an eyelash comb to make sure it's not too clumpy though) so i expected this one (for some dumb reason i don't know why) to do as well as that one did. Well it DID feel like my lashes were softer with it compared to how soft my lashes felt with other mascaras on. It was too thin and didn't really add any more volume and my lashes still looked pretty thin, and i thought the packaging wasn't as pretty as the other maybelline mascaras like the falsies one. it did do a good job of making my eyelashes look black though, it would be a good mascara if you want something very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by NJulia

I love this mascara! It's my favorite out of all the mascaras I have tried and I have tried a lot, so much so that my little drawers are becoming impossible to close. I don't know why I keep trying new ones when this is the one I seem to replace every time. I love that it doesn't clump, it's a really nice smooth mascara, the brush is soft too, I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this. I have full lashes on the top but little, sparse lashes on the bottom. The top lashes when I use this really stand out. When I use this on my bottom lashes, they look so much more fuller than they actually are. I use it for when my husband and I go on date nights or just going out because it really makes my lashes stand out. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Yogigirl6187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I did not like this at all, but after giving it a few more shots, I LOVE it. It volumizes and somewhat separates my lashes. Does not lengthen too much, but by working with the wand properly on the tips of my lashes I am able to add it myself. I use the falsies if I am going out and want a dramatic look, but I use this for my everyday mascara.

**UPDATE- after weeks of using this product, it is my absolute favorite mascara. It does give me a dramatic yet natural look. I love it and I love how my lashes aren't crunchy. They are full and soft ;)