October 24, 2014 | 1787 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Tea Tree line

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2006 1:21:00 PM More reviews by catsrsmarterthandogs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only shampoo I've found to leave a tinging sensation on my scalp. I've tried Ice Cap from Ghram Webb, and it didn't work at all....and some others. This is a grat cleansing shampoo, smells wonderful, feels nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2006 9:20:00 PM More reviews by dixiefaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the only product out there that gets rid of my dandruff/product buildup. I have extremely curly hair and I have to use a lot of gel and such to keep it frizzing. After a while, it builds up and leaves my head with scab and flakes. this product is amazing at removing the gross stuff and leaving my hair soft and not coarse. the conditioner is great too

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Hana_Lei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the shampoo & conditioner! Makes my hair smell wonderful for a few hours after showering.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by dzsupan1

I bought this shampoo and conditioner following the tips here recommending it for dry scalp care. I am a bit disappointed. I have sensitive scalp that flakes especially with the change of seasons. This shampoo made it worse! It seemed to have a drying effect and I ended up making a desperate switch to Head and Shoulders Sensitive Care (which is pretty good but isn't perfect either..see review). The conditioner is waxy, weighs hair down and makes it sticky.
One redeeming quality if you are stuck with this and are fuming about the money you wasted: the shampoo is an excellent face and body wash, especially if you have acne prone or oily skin on your face and shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 7:14:00 PM More reviews by strapon

I've been using Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree hair products since I was 16. I am absolutely IN LOVE with them. I used to dye and fry my hair so much, and this really helped me grow it back out to be normal and healthy. I believe it has some anti-dandruff function, but not much. I know my scalp used to flake a little, but now it doesn't do it at all - I in no way had severe dandruff. This makes me hair shiney and manageable. If you're looking for a miracle, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a good, high quality, cleanser this is definitely a good option. I don't think this product is expensive at all for what it is, but then again, I understand that quality has a price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2006 9:26:00 PM More reviews by NikkiR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to buy the tea tree line because I heard it could be good for dandruff. At first I loved this line. I loved the scent and the tingling sensation. The shampoo and hair & scalp treatment both worked great for about the first week. My dandruff drastically improved to the point it was almost gone but then suddenly this product line stopped working for me. I don't even feel the tingling sensation when I use it anymore. I am not sure why it stopped working. I thought maybe using the hair and scalp treatment along with the shampoo was overdoing it so I stopped using the hair and scalp treatment but it still doesn't work.

I hadn't really cared for the conditioner from day one. I don't really care for the smell. It doesn't smell as nice as the other two products in the line. It's nothing special for a condition either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2006 9:55:00 AM More reviews by SW82

The shampoo and conditioner are wonderful, they make my hair so soft. I love the tingling feeling on my scalp. This is a must repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2006 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Roller_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair: Fine, fairly straight, 3-4 inches past my shoulders, some layers, some split-ends. This shampoo has a nice crisp minty smell, although it strikes me as a smell people will either love or hate. Not a bad shampoo, but nothing spectacular. Seems good at clarifying as it gets out all the left-over product in my hair. Call me picky, but the minty smell clashes with the floraly scented conditioner i'm using, and that kind of bugs. Oh ya, $12? The price is pretty over-rated if you ask me. Overall: rich minty fragrance and it cleans pretty well, but this doesn't achieve HG status in my book.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2006 11:30:00 PM More reviews by j_bella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an Ok product. I don't feel the urge to use tea tree products, so maybe that's why this product does absolutely nothing for me. I used the conditioner too, and like the shampoo, didn't nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome for those days when you have worked out really hard and want a cool, refreashing treat. It really tingles! Great for dry scalp too, and as a face wash in a pinch. I have had a bottle of this in my shower for years and so has my boyfriend.